Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World T20  (Read 46595 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 07:16:41 »

as a sussex fan i will defend wright to the hilt, yes he got a big innings against netherlands, you forgetting he got man of the match in our other crunch match against Pakistan? the bloke is young and is told to go out there and hit it as hard as he can as quickly as he can, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt thats the nature of the job he has to do.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 08:06:27 »

My thoughts are:-

I agree with Mex regarding Wright - he'll either put a match winning innings together or fail (either way it'll be quick)- as long as everyone understands this there's no problem, and if he fails, Pietersen gets longer at the crease.

Pietersen is obviously the key, and needs to keep his ego under control - he looked superb when hitting straight then loses it .

Why we thought we could compete without a hitter/finisher at 7/8 I don't know. The extra bowler was unnecessary as Wright/Collingwood/Pietersen could contribute. The fact that we only got 3 boundaries in the second half of the innings (and two of those from the last two balls) is why we lost. (Don't forget that Edwards wasn't playing either)

160 odd was not enough on that pitch/ground. Although we got early wickets, and Gayle cheaply, Sarwan and Chanderpaul were well in control, and they still had batting left. Generally our bowlers did well, but Broad shouldn't be bowling at the death in my opinion (9 overs is clearly different from the norm)

Foster showed he is the best w/k by far of the England bunch, but Prior will retain his Test place until Foster can make consistent runs in a more orthodox manner

Flintoff won't ever make a batting impact at T20 unless he takes Wright's place, his bowling would be useful.

We're still a long way behind the top two, SA and Sri Lanka.  SA look to be well drilled and powerful, but a bit regimented, Sri Lanka are getting by with 'unorthodox' bowlers.

Still not proper cricket though.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Scot Munroe

« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:12:13 »

i think Mascheranas should of played or either Graham Napier against the west indies as they are big hitters and on what i saw on the highlights that we struggled in the middle overs to hit boundaries
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:20:14 »

Or like I said we shouldn't field our big hitters all straight away. That was the problem with oir batting. Our fielding was fine. Looking back though let's be honest we were never going to win this anyway so we've done fairly well given our T20 record is generally quite poor. Can't wait for The Ashes now. Totally different game is Test Cricket. I think we've got a chance as well.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 18:03:51 »

IOB i agree it is different game to test cricket expect the unexpected in t20 cricket. i have a gut feeling that we might re-gain the ashes
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 18:43:45 »

Or like I said we shouldn't field our big hitters all straight away. That was the problem with oir batting. Our fielding was fine. Looking back though let's be honest we were never going to win this anyway so we've done fairly well given our T20 record is generally quite poor. Can't wait for The Ashes now. Totally different game is Test Cricket. I think we've got a chance as well.

I really don't understand why you wouldn't put all your big hitters at the top of the order? Don't you want them to have as long as possible at the crease?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 20:09:42 »

i have a gut feeling that we might re-gain the ashes

I do as well, but I think it will be more down to the Aussies being crap than us being any good.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 20:11:20 »

The aussies aren't that crap. They still managed to beat south africa

Things get better but they never get good
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 15:48:44 »

Pakistan did well yesterday.Good job as well as it'll mean there will be plenty of streams for the final on the web Sunday

Sri lanka have to be the favourites for tonights game.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 17:07:40 »

Looks like my man Afridi has won it for Pakistan.

Well done son, well done.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 17:40:10 »

Big players deliver in finals,so well done to Afridi.Credit also to Shoaib Malik, who offered very
good support.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 18:42:25 »

Bastarding Sri Lanka let me down at the last hurdle Hmmm...
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 19:32:35 »

Nice to see the women win again. I might follow the women Cricket more than the mens, more entertaining and we win often.

Yes

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 10:25:43 »

how is women's cricket more entertaining than men's? it is a lower standard than most club cricket. congrats to them though
spacey

« Reply #329 on: Monday, June 22, 2009, 10:33:20 »

Ability doesn't always equal entertainment.

When I was at school there was a fight between a lad called Jason Arnott and a lad called Darren Gardiner. This fight was an epic battle that was fought over an entire lunchbreak and involved them kicking the absolute shit out of each other. Neither of them would have lasted long against a professional fighter, but it was still one of the most entertaining contests I have ever witnessed.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: