Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton  (Read 7006 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:06:25 »

Havent been to Exeter for donkeys years, I might be up for that.

St James' is a good old-fashioned ground hidden among terraced houses from what I remember? I used to do some contract work down that neck of the woods.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:10:33 »

I like the Big Bank behind the goal but we'll be on the other side obviously.

Went there for the friendly in 2007, twas far too hot that day.
flammableBen

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:11:42 »

St. James is ace.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:15:15 »

I'm intrigued to see how far Tisdale can take them. I wanted him to take over when Malpas left.

Plymouth fans must be breathing the most almighty sighs of relief... not so long they were saying that it's unlikely they'll ever play against eachother in the league again - doesn't seem such a crazy thought for them these days.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:24:14 »

He deserves a medal for knocking Oxford out of the conference playoffs.

I think he's obviously got the ability, but I don't know enough about them - whether they've got the cash or an attractive enough set-up to get in some good players and maybe improve in a few areas. They've also got to fend off any vultures that may be circling their players, they've obviously got a few good ones.

Fair play to them really.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:25:04 »

Hmmmm, another (relatively) close away game next season......
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 18:32:44 »

Tisdale wears a cravat   Cool  And i'm a tiny bit in love with him because of it.

Exeter is another enjoyable away day to look forward to.I went to the friendly a couple of seasons ago and it was good,will be even better for a league game.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:17:01 »

Depending on the date, Exeter away could be a great day out!Shame Northampton went down, as it's a tidy little ground in easy reach with a decent enough away end
flammableBen

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:21:10 »

I could take you tef people on a tour of houses I used to live in. Few of them are well close to the ground.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:26:07 »

I used to frequent The Black Horse before watching Exeter, used to get some good cheap food in there.
flammableBen

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:27:11 »

Tidy Pub. Used to pop in there on occasions, generally on the way to other places I think.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:40:16 »

I like Exeter centre...like the way the citys been built around the cathedral and old wall...driving to Exeter usualy involves a drop at Exotic Marsh Barton(not)..but ocasionly i pop into the centre and it reminds me of Lincoln alot.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:56:00 »

I'm only really familiar with Middlemoor and the outlying areas of Exeter, cos I used to do work for Devon & Cornwall Police and Aggregate Industries. I only saw the city in parts but it was always an easy place to get to!

I've lunched at Sowton Services too many times to mention (depressingly)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 23:14:40 »

I like Exeter centre...like the way the citys been built around the cathedral and old wall...driving to Exeter usualy involves a drop at Exotic Marsh Barton(not)..but ocasionly i pop into the centre and it reminds me of Lincoln alot.

Personally I think its a bit drab. The main high street is very much a 1960s style concrete monstrosity, or atleast it was when I was last there
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 09:37:51 »

I could take you tef people on a tour of houses I used to live in. Few of them are well close to the ground.

Have any of them got a blue plaque yet....fB inventor of the time machine lived here?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: