Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premier League shirters at the CG  (Read 14268 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 16:21:54 »

I've worn a Swindon shirt to a Man Utd game in Europe back in the 95 season, while sitting in the Stretford End.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 17:52:51 »

I had that shirt and used to wear it to PE when I went to school up in Scotland!!

Who did Wednesday play in Luxembourg can you remember?

The ex pats have adopted the mighty Avenir Beggen as our team - got relegated this season but appear regularly in the local press as we get hammered on Strongbow (bought specially for us) and sing for 90 minutes!

They played Spora Luxembourg.

I had a mate who was a Wednesday fan, and as it was during the time when ITV used to show live matches on Sunday's.  It seemed that virtually every week we were playing on a Sunday, so on the Saturday's I used to go & watch Wednesday play. Having got into Europe (this was in the time when about only 3 teams got in) we agreed to go to the first away game. So having booked tickets to Luxembourg, Wednesday won the first leg 9-1, so the second leg wasn't exactly a nail biter.

I think the crowd was something like 2,500 in Luxembourg, of which about 2,000 were Wednesday fans.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 19:27:00 »

This is one of my hates at the football. If I ever have kids, there is no chance they will be wearing any other teams shirt to the football.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 19:31:15 »

This is one of my hates at the football. If I ever have kids, there is no chance they will be wearing any other teams shirt to the football.

I agree. If and when I have kids, if they decide they want to support anyone other than Swindon then we'll be having very stern words and they will be shown the error of their ways.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 20:35:57 »

They'll only end up hating football.

And especially Swindon.

I dont know if I posted it on here. But one particularly dire home game this season I went for a piss during the second half and this moody looking long haired teenager was trying to block all the urinals and basins. I didnt blame him, and it did put a smile on my face, the first smile Id had on my face since Id got into the ground. But he'd obviously been driven mad being forced into Swindon. But he werent the brightest, the south stand has non concussive taps.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 21:49:59 »

I started this thread because I am aware that some people have a varying level of interest of a Prem club as well as going to watch their local side. I don't have a problem with that to be honest , but what I cannot understand is what is the benefit of wearing the Prem shirt? Are they trying to say "I follow the big boys so I know about football" or could it be that all their other clothes are in the wash? Drives me nuts......just wear anything else, or just buy a town shirt so you can wear it to the game. 
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 21:53:47 »

I dont really care,surely anyone through the gate is a good thing?

Lots of people come to thier local team through coming to the odd game and yhen getting the bug?

/
W56196272
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 21:56:05 »

And especially Swindon.

I dont know if I posted it on here. But one particularly dire home game this season I went for a piss during the second half and this moody looking long haired teenager was trying to block all the urinals and basins. I didnt blame him, and it did put a smile on my face, the first smile Id had on my face since Id got into the ground. But he'd obviously been driven mad being forced into Swindon. But he werent the brightest, the south stand has non concussive taps.
[/quote
that made me laugh a lot.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 22:06:23 »

And especially Swindon.

Was he trying to get the match abandoned? Surfing
Melksham Red

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 08:02:54 »

I can't ever remember not seeing other clubs shirts being worn at the County Ground and it fucks me off big time. If they support someone else, fuck off. It really wouldn't happen at the majority of other grounds.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 08:11:06 »

When i was quite young i used to wear a Spurs coat to town games as it was the only warm one i had, and at the time i didnt really understand what was going on!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 08:37:34 »

Back in the good old days there weren't such things as replica shirts.  More of a flat cap/trilby thing, or home knitted scarves and bobble hats.

Life was so muchsimpler in balck and white..

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 11:34:30 »

Are they trying to say "I follow the big boys so I know about football"
I think that statement is a contradiction in terms!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 11:41:32 »

Unfortunately a lot of Swindon residents seem to me have migrated here and so seem to already have a club to follow. We need to make Swindon their second team and hope it rubs off on the kids.

While I don't like seeing other clubs shirts in the county ground. But you can't blame the youngsters really - just following their parents.

I find it a bit disrespectful of the older Prem  'shirters', but I don't lose sleep over it. Hell even one of our pitch forkers wears a Leeds jacket.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 11:58:05 »

Unfortunately a lot of Swindon residents seem to me have migrated here and so seem to already have a club to follow. We need to make Swindon their second team and hope it rubs off on the kids.

While I don't like seeing other clubs shirts in the county ground. But you can't blame the youngsters really - just following their parents.

I find it a bit disrespectful of the older Prem  'shirters', but I don't lose sleep over it. Hell even one of our pitch forkers wears a Leeds jacket.

I'm not sure how many have migrated from Manchester or Liverpool though Batch

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: