Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is anyone still watching LOST?  (Read 24046 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 21:48:53 »

If you're going with Berni's theory, if they're all dead on the island and the island is purgatory, where the hell are they in the flash sideways world which they pass on from at the end?

That theory doesn't make sense at all to me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 21:51:44 »

Yeah, but LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA.

If the ending was intended to be as you say, and it may well be, then it was fucking shit. And so I'm ignoring any logic at this point.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 22:04:16 »

If you read the link Jonny posted, it pretty much sums up the way I saw it too.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 22:11:50 »

Surely after enduring this crap for 6 years we shouldn't have to guess what happened in the end.
Doore

« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 22:13:30 »

There seems to be a lot of people on here who spent six years watching something they didn't like.  Did you lose the remote control?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 22:13:45 »

That's kind of the writers' point though Dean; then ending can mean whatever you want it to mean. Pretty clever in a way, but very frustrating in others.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 22:17:07 »

There seems to be a lot of people on here who spent six years watching something they didn't like.  Did you lose the remote control?
I did after the 2nd series yes. By we i meant you lot posting on this thread.I didn't watch the end i thought i would read this so i knew what happened and now i am more confused than when i did watch it.

Sam i agree with what you say but from what i am hearing it has dissapointed alot of people who were expecting this brilliant ending but just have more questions.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 23:15:08 »

To be fair, the ending itself was near perfect - the way they tied up the flash sideways and explained what was going on, especially the final scenes. But they fucked it up and detracted from the ending by not explaining enough about the island itself and the things that happened on the island. I'm not saying they should have explained everything but they should have cleared up a lot more stuff than they did.

They had plenty of time to do so in the final season but instead they wasted a lot of it. The "Across The Sea" episode being a good example, it could have been used to explain more about the island and the relationship between Jacob and MiB but instead they just padded out 10 minutes with 30 minutes of crap. Worst episode I can remember.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 09:08:03 »

Maybe. But the other thing supporting the rules thing was the rules that Jacob's mother set when she was in charge. Though something had changed as MiB could kill Jack as well, which he couldn't do when Jacob was in charge.

I read a really good explanation of the main points, supposedly written by someone at Bad Robot (the production company). They reckoned Jacob wanted (and needed) to kill MiB but he couldn't do it himself, so he kept bring more people to the island to do it for him including the Dharma Initiative. But he kept them all at arms length and let them get on with it which resulted in MiB corrupting everyone and killing them one way or the other, so eventually he got more involved in it.

They explained the church pretty well, especially why some people were there and some not. For example, Ben didn't go in as the people he needed to find peace with weren't all there and he needed to do that before he could move on.

The full explanation is here: http://forum.lostpedia.com/someone-bad-robots-take-finale-t59261.html

I have to say the explanation in that link is pretty substantial and makes a lot of sense, but the same way that people are finding holes in my theory there are plenty of holes and assumptions in that.

Ultimately the programme has left a lot of the why's and wherefores up to to the individuals which is why there are no rights or wrongs in people understanding it either way.

If they would have answered all questions then this debate would not be going on.

It is impossible to be sure what everything meant when you are talking about a fictional storyline that includes smoke monsters etc, a lot of the theories going around are based around what individual peoples believes are.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 10:21:14 »

The alternate timeline wasn't an alternate timeline at all. Just as Christian said they created that place
(The church ETC.) so they could find each other and all move on together. He said some died before Jack,
and some long after (I.e. Ben & Hurley) Outside the church Hurley tells ben he made a great number 2 and Ben replies
"You made a great number 1. "So we can assume they lived out thier lives on the island after Jack died".

As for the plane of pasengers i.e claire, sawyer and co. again they could've survived long after jack dies.

The_Plagiarist

« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 10:26:04 »

Watched the first series, nothing happened, began to watch the second series - realised at that point that it was more of the same, nothing much happening.

Sounds like it was six series of nothing happening, culminating in an ending which didn't explain anything?

Glad I missed that.

Watching the wire at the moment, stuff happens and it doesn't try and be too clever.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 10:28:36 »

i've only watched the first epesode of the wire. was very good. just not got round to downloading all the series.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 11:26:05 »

Watched the first series, nothing happened, began to watch the second series - realised at that point that it was more of the same, nothing much happening.

Sounds like it was six series of nothing happening, culminating in an ending which didn't explain anything?

Glad I missed that.

Watching the wire at the moment, stuff happens and it doesn't try and be too clever.

No, you're wrong.

Your loss, you missed the best bits. Was slow to get going granted but once Locke opened the hatch...
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 11:30:17 »

You've got to say that to justify wasting six years of your life watching nothing much happening ;-)
I was lucky - I got out early before the tipping point.

RODNEY!!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 11:45:39 »

Well those that are saying it was crap and that they didn't waste "6 years" of their lives have missed out IMO.

There were poor periods and episodes but on the whole I think it has been one of the best things on TV over the past 6 years, along with 24 (which is rightly coming to an end now too.) and life on mars/ashes to ashes and the wire.

It's easy to give an uninformed opinion based on something you didn't watch or what others are saying.  Programmes like Lost, Fringe and Flashback at least try to do something different and something that gets you thinking rather than just another cop show, medical show or run of the mill day to day crap that you are not likely to remember in 10 years time.

Lost will be remembered for many years whether you think it was crap or not.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: