Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon @ Colchester - The Matchday Thread  (Read 43078 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 20:42:45 »

Just watched the highlights.

First thing I noticed was all 3 of Colchesters goals come down our right hand side and I dont think for any of the goals Robson-Kanu is even in the frame.

Really shit shit shit defending. How can you let Clive Platt stand inbetween the centre backs for the first one?

Second was was utter Gash by Brez, he wasnt even challenged and still couldnt catch the thing. Other keeper however would have been given the free kick for obstruction but not us.

Third one was a complete cock up by the Welsh lad. Bastard deflection but lets be honest if he didnt get deflected it would have gone straight at Brez and he would have punched it anyway!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 21:01:02 »

"Really shit shit shit defending. How can you let Clive Platt stand inbetween the centre backs for the first one?"

My thoughts exactly!!  He had a free header, terrible defending indeed.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 23:03:25 »

Just watched the highlights.

First thing I noticed was all 3 of Colchesters goals come down our right hand side and I dont think for any of the goals Robson-Kanu is even in the frame.

Really shit shit shit defending. How can you let Clive Platt stand inbetween the centre backs for the first one?

Second was was utter Gash by Brez, he wasnt even challenged and still couldnt catch the thing. Other keeper however would have been given the free kick for obstruction but not us.

Third one was a complete cock up by the Welsh lad. Bastard deflection but lets be honest if he didnt get deflected it would have gone straight at Brez and he would have punched it anyway!

What about the laughable attempted clearance by Morrison for the second?Blame Brez if you like but that was the real howler that led to the goal.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 23:08:53 »

What about the laughable attempted clearance by Morrison for the second?Blame Brez if you like but that was the real howler that led to the goal.

Whilst it was a crap clearance (Ifil would have at least got it into the stands) you expect a 6ft 7 goal keeper to be able to catch the ball.

Its as simple as that.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #529 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 00:34:24 »

For one of the goals Cox comes steaming back to cover, points to the space behind him for Amankwaah to cover and then he doesn't cover it and they get the overlap.

As others have said where was the rest of the medfield?

Rather than blame individuals, it's quite clear it was a poor team 'effort' overall which did us.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 08:47:06 »

It's been apparent for the past few games that Cox is getting back and doing a central midfielders job far too much. It shows he can read the game better than any of our other players.

It's great that he puts the effort in and never stops running, but it leaves Paynter isolated and we lose the ball too easily when it's pumped up top.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 08:50:24 »

It's been apparent for the past few games that Cox is getting back and doing a central midfielders job far too much. It shows he can read the game better than any of our other players.

It's great that he puts the effort in and never stops running, but it leaves Paynter isolated and we lose the ball too easily when it's pumped up top.

And Wilson said on the radio that if thats what Cox wants to do its fine by him.
With tactics like that we are fucking doomed.

When you're smiling.........
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 08:52:01 »

I was a bit disappointed that the geezer from the Town End who makes the sqwuaking (sp?) noise wasn't there on Tuesday.

That doesn't look right. How do you spell sqwuaking?

Thats Wilts who stands near me.....he doesnt go mid week as he goes to a spiritulist gathering. Soapy Tit Wank

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 09:11:49 »

Disagree, yes it was a mistake by Morrison, but putting the ball ten foot in the air, giving the keeper plenty of time to clean up, isn't exactly crime of the century.  OTJ's miskick was fair more costly, as it gave no one time to react.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 09:38:34 »

More worryingly for me watching the "highlights" was the sight of some of our defenders ambling around and seemingly not giving a shit.
Only Greer seemed to be bothered by it all.

When you're smiling.........
adje

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 17:21:47 »

Whilst it was a crap clearance (Ifil would have at least got it into the stands) you expect a 6ft 7 goal keeper to be able to catch the ball.

Its as simple as that.

And if a 6ft3ins centre half cant kick a ball far enough to clear the area....well,its also as simple as that.What I'm saying is both players are equally culpable

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 17:47:03 »

More worryingly for me watching the "highlights" was the sight of some of our defenders ambling around and seemingly not giving a shit.
Only Greer seemed to be bothered by it all.

Let's face it most of our players know there's no contract here for them next season, and are quite happy to see out the next 7 or 8 weeks before a long summer holiday. A number may start to panic around early July, when they realise they'll be joining the dole queue.

Their degree of interest has been in steady decline all season.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #537 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 17:55:44 »

But none of the team that is playing reg so pretty pointless saying those out on the pitch dont give a shit
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 19:44:31 »

Has anyone got yesterdays programme to hand to let me know if my estimate of 220 awayers at colchester was correct? i need to fulfill my anorak needs, Ta.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 19:59:54 »

Has anyone got yesterdays programme to hand to let me know if my estimate of 220 awayers at colchester was correct? i need to fulfill my anorak needs, Ta.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: