Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: mobile phones  (Read 3761 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 12:53:45 »

So texting is your forte?

He's an upright citizen, not very grand.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 13:18:26 »

He's an upright citizen, not very grand.

With a very small organ?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JohnnyMoncs

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 22:38:59 »

I have a phone.  It can phone people.  People can phone it. Hence the name phone.

To quote a far cleverer and funnier person than myself: "No, I'm not interested in watching TV on my phone.  I have a TV.  It's the same reason that I'm not interested in having a piss in my tumble dryer."
Danjackson10

« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 08:13:38 »

I have a phone.  It can phone people.  People can phone it. Hence the name phone.

To quote a far cleverer and funnier person than myself: "No, I'm not interested in watching TV on my phone.  I have a TV.  It's the same reason that I'm not interested in having a piss in my tumble dryer."

What has pissing in your tumble dryer got to do with it? Im surprised with the latest technology they haven't thought this idea up? Maybe its got something to do with the fact that nobody wants a tumbletoilet™ and i dont know, maybe they like the idea of watching the footie on their mobile! Just a hunch!
Danjackson10

« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 08:14:16 »

Oh and i got a Nokia 5800 with a gurt lush tv thing!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 18:10:28 »

I'm now due an upgrade. I want something semi-decent at playing music and I'm not getting an iPhone.

Has anyone used an LG renoir? Any particular niggles they wish to share?

Quite like the look of the Sony C905 but given the shitness of the k850i I currently own I might stay away from Sony this time.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 19:06:57 »

Im quite Phonaphobic but I hanker after something swanky all of a sudden,I think its cos I can't afford it...

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:24:21 »

I had a look at phones today and spoke to O2. They told me to hang fire for a few weeks until the Samsung Tocco Ultra comes out. Had a look online and it does look like a quality geek toy.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 08:40:36 »

I got my c905 a couple of weeks back as I was told they hadn't had any problems with it. Was working fine until the down button on the navigation pad got sticky, which I've since found out is a common problem. I thought I would be clever and try and use contact cleaner but it's got into the screen and messed it up. Put it in the airing cupboard overnight but it doesn't appear to have done much so I'm going to claim on the insurance.

Should have just waited until the weekend and swapped it/repaired it that way because now I have to pay an excess  Roll Eyes
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 10:05:04 »

I have a Nokia N95. It comes with some unique features such as:

* The ability to switch itself off for no reason during calls sometimes.
* The ability for it to completely freeze during composing a text message.
* The ability to refuse to let you turn it off, so you have to remove the battery to do so.

I can safely say I'll not be using another Nokia when my contract is due an upgrade.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 10:09:02 »

Have you tried updating the firmware?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 10:22:35 »

* The ability to refuse to let you turn it off, so you have to remove the battery to do so.

I can safely say I'll not be using another Nokia when my contract is due an upgrade.

That sounds like my 'old' phone the SE K850 which I am now using again Sad
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 11:16:23 »

yup my k850 was rubbish didnt even last me the contract term just froze and wouldnt switch back on again, previous to that it was a complete pain the arse freezing whenever it had to do anything. First SE i had and dont think ill be having another
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 11:33:16 »

I've only had sony ericsson's for the last 4 years and the only problem I've had with any of them was when I smashed it against a hard floor and it wouldn't start but I found some free software which fixed it by just plugging the usb cable in and resetting the phone. Apart from that they've all worked really well. Only nokia's I had were two 3410's and apart from being shit they both broke within a few weeks.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 11:41:43 »

I just got a cheque for over £110 for mine thanks to one of those phone recycling sites. Best thing for it. Worst phone I've ever had.

The 5800 is alright though, apart from not being able to text on it with man thumbs.

iPhone should be free next month on 02. Hooray!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: