Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread [Must Win XXXIII]  (Read 61898 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 07:08:11 »

Slept on it... still fucked off. Roll on next season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 07:38:31 »

We'll love them all again when we beat MK on Saturday.

Cheltenham played quite well yesterday. Should have pressed them a lot more but they looked good on the break, the ball always went to the space on the pitch and they passed it around neatly.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 07:41:06 »

So I take it I didn't miss much last night?

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 07:51:23 »

It wasn't as bad as everyone is making out, IMO. We weren't brilliant but Cheltenham had a plan and stuck to it, they deserve credit for that. As a wise man said to me last night, if we'd have played the whole game how we did for 30 minutes in the second half we'd have won. Under Malpas, when we were shit, we were extremely shit with no kind of organisation and no positives at all really. At least under Wilson when we play crap we still look pretty organised and still play some neat football.

We switched off twice last night and it cost us, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom. Maybe it's my youthful naivety.
flammableBen

« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 07:54:54 »

So I take it I didn't miss much last night?

Ralphy!!! I thought you were dead!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 08:04:13 »

We weren't brilliant but Cheltenham had a plan and stuck to it

cunning bastards trying to win by being competent on the pitch...

i think we could learn a few lessons from them

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 08:11:07 »

Most of us are thick as pig shit.

We expected an easy win because we were playing a team that hadn't won in their last seven games and are rooted to the bottom of the league. When will we learn that we NEVER win against that type of opposition?

There were some positives last night, we played some good stuff in the second half and Kanu finally showed what he's got. Big Kev scored a blinder and the link up play between him and Macca looked promising.

The main problems are defence and centre midfield. Ifil is becoming a joke, Jack Smith has forgotten how to tackle, Peacock should be taken outside and shot, Timlin needs consistency, Allen needs a treatment of steroids.

Good to see Brez back to his 'Best Keeper In The League' form.

It's All Good..............
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:01:46 »

Most of what I have to say has already been covered. It was good to see DW's attacking intentions by starting with MacNamee and HRK, but I was completely miffed that we didn't have a striker on the bench.

The way we played, we deserve to be playing in League 2 next season. If we can't beat the worst team in the league at home then there's something seriously wrong.

I think I agree with Mex that the whole lot apart from Greer and Cox can fuck off. My loyalty to Ifil is wearing thin, he's been a good servant to the club but he just isn't good enough. Too many sloppy mistakes. How anyone can get turned by Elvis-fucking-Hammond twice in one game to concede two goals is criminal.

I'm just accepting that we'll be in L2 next season, if by some miracle we stay up then I'll be pleased.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:03:43 »

Woe, Woe and thrice woe.

What shite..... Doh

A team up for sale, missing key players and all the loanees bombed out, who havent won a game in how long come to the County Ground and boss us about.

for 15 minutes in the second half we got it together....apart from that it was dire.
We ran at Cheltnumb and they couldnt deal with it....so what did we do?....give the ball away cheap and start whacking hit and hope balls into the box.

Can someone please explain to me how Macnamee got MOM?  Eek  That prize should of been given to the longest running season ticket holder in the ground as no fucking player deserved it.
Best player was big Kev and only played for less than 30 minutes.

Macnamee ran around a bit but his crosses were poor (again) and more disappointing for me, he bottled every 50/50 and never closed anybody down.

Every player apart from Kev deserves a roasting....

Fucking hell.......we are in the shit!......wake up, stand up and be counted!

Just one final point which did make me chuckle...

As i battled through the blowing rain by the back of the Town End i overheard two blokes chatting:

"Bloody Hell this weather won help us at all, i reckon we will drop to their level."

Take at look at the league table boys!! We are at their level and we need to get out of it!

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:10:06 »

Can someone please explain to me how Macnamee got MOM?  Eek
We worked on the assumption the sponsors had misunderstood and thought they were being asked to judge a player footwear competition
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:11:37 »

"Ifil is becoming a joke"?

Ifil's been gash all season, only when our previous manager did the right think and drop him a fair few fans got the hump (with the manager) because their St Jerel had been dropped.  The way Ifil was greeted as a returning hero when he warmed up as a sub one match was an absolute joke.

This has been Ifil's worst season at the club by far.  He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.  nor should Peacock, who last night seemed to be intent on being as far away from the ball as possible.  He hid at every opportunity, even before he picked up a knock.

Hope McNamee goes soon, not because I think he's a bad player, just so he has the opportunity to show us Swindon fans that if we had a decent strike force his crosses wouldn't have a completion rate of around 10%.  The balls he puts in, 2 in the first 5 mins last night, are pretty good, shame no one can convert them.

The thing that annoys me is Hartlepool and Cheltenham had poor defences, and very poor keepers but we didn't put them under half the pressure we should have. 

Like Sam says I was also peeved with the subs bench, no real attacking threat, and the ploy to bring Marshall on with 3 mins of normal time to go was a joke (which we couldn't even do because the ball didn't go out of play). 

It ain't looking good.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:18:42 »

There is no point putting Marshall on the bench, i'd much rather see a member of the youth team (Macklin?) getting that privelege.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:23:18 »

"Ifil is becoming a joke"?

Ifil's been gash all season, only when our previous manager did the right think and drop him a fair few fans got the hump (with the manager) because their St Jerel had been dropped.  The way Ifil was greeted as a returning hero when he warmed up as a sub one match was an absolute joke.

This has been Ifil's worst season at the club by far.  He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.  nor should Peacock, who last night seemed to be intent on being as far away from the ball as possible.  He hid at every opportunity, even before he picked up a knock.

Hope McNamee goes soon, not because I think he's a bad player, just so he has the opportunity to show us Swindon fans that if we had a decent strike force his crosses wouldn't have a completion rate of around 10%.  The balls he puts in, 2 in the first 5 mins last night, are pretty good, shame no one can convert them.

The thing that annoys me is Hartlepool and Cheltenham had poor defences, and very poor keepers but we didn't put them under half the pressure we should have. 

Like Sam says I was also peeved with the subs bench, no real attacking threat, and the ploy to bring Marshall on with 3 mins of normal time to go was a joke (which we couldn't even do because the ball didn't go out of play). 

It ain't looking good.

Marshall coming on would of been the self destruct button firmly pressed!

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:26:20 »

To me (when he came on) Spencer gave a master class to Paynter what being a target man was all about.  You don't necessarily have to provide the end result yourself, you just put yourself about a bit, get in the faces of the centre halves, put your foot, head, body in where it hurts.  Not back into the defender then do that annoying hunched shoulders arms in the air thing whilst looking at the ref like a hurt little boy.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 09:27:30 »

Fucking hell.

Defence looked shakier than it has for weeks

Central Midfield was a joke. Although I thought Peacock was doing alright 1st half.  Chris Allen is the exact opposite of Pook. decent on the ball, pointless without it. I've always thought Timlin had the potential to be a good player in league 1. Might have to re-think that now because he's does some decent things then passes it to the opposition. Good leg breaking tackle though, thought he was going to get sent off.

Robson Kanu was decent until the brough a sub on who nulified him well. Good goal. is better on the right cutting in as it dosnt involve him crossing the ball.

Macnamee. Can someone tell him that doing a stepover then blasting the ball at the defender stood 2 yeards away is not good wing play. Did manage to put a couple of decent crosses in but given how much of the ball he saw his final product was terrible really. Man of the match my arse.

Forwards got poor service again pretty much all night, not many decent balls into feet, too many hopeful knocks into  the channels. I dont hate Paynter but we could really do with a better partner for Cox.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: