Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread [Must Win XXXIII]  (Read 61990 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2009, 23:57:37 »

Agree with most of what's been said tonight. Half our players just aint good enough and the rest either can't be fucked or just go missing as they shrink away from responsibility.  

I know footballers don't give a flying fuck about the clubs they play for nowadays and just go after the money, but It's fucking saddening to watch some of them going through the motions, especially against shit like Cheltenham at home.

I don't give a fuck about my employers, but I put in a decent fucking shift everyday a; for the money and b; because I give a fuck about the job I do as an individual. Without that, what's the fucking point in even getting out of bed?

Do the current players wearing STFC's colours give a fuck or have any personal fucking pride in their own individual performances, let alone their contribution to the team, the fans and the management of the club? I doubt it. The thick cunts probably haven't realised yet that they'll probably be playing for Salisbury or Supermarine next season.

Whats the betting that they'll put on a stirling performance against Franchise on Saturday though?

With this weekend being the 69 league cup anniversary celebration and the old squad being at the match as well, I wonder how many of the current cunts will be remembered fondly at the club or on the terraces in another 40 years time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:00:53 »

I'm thinking we look worse than in 05/06 now.  The real worry is that the only 2 players who look capable are unlikely to be here next season with Cox likely to want to go and Greer probably getting a better offer if we continue as we are.

Smith and Vincent do an ok job and Amankwaah actually looks like he could be ok given a good run in the team, but it's all so small in terms of crumbs of comfort.

Time for Ifil to wander down the leagues I think and Brezovan would appear to have been in inspired form of his life when he signed as he continues to offer little assurance.  If I was Greer I'd toodle pip back to Doncaster for some decent reserve games before I got dragged down to the others level.

I thought Timlin looked an ok player but he flits in and out of form like a tart through underwear.  Peacock, for all his effort, has lost a position he can hold down now and MacNamee needs a good pasting to get him angry or something.  He spends more time running away from people than he does with the ball at his feet.  Kanu may frustrate as well, but he does seem to come looking for the ball and make different angles, even if he doesn't always deliver.  It's so frustrating that a player of McNamee's talent can be content to not be part of the game for long periods.

Overall, despite my desire to remain positive, I can't help but feel we are going to be relying on 4 teams being worse than us now.  It needs a complete overhaul of players by Wilson to get people in that fit his way of playing.  The problem with overhauls is they offer up the risk of having a brand new team of shit or even a brand new team of talent that take too long to mould into a team.  4 consecutive Managers have now struggled (Sturrock was going that way with us towards the end, even with a team designed for his style) to get any level of consitency or belief out of this team.  It's probably because it's not there to get.

Of course going by history, Wilson will bring his own players in they wont gell right away and he'll be sacked in November/December again leaving us needing a new manager with another managers team and repeat.
flammableBen

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:02:16 »

Do you think we'll go through the entire 09/10 with the same manager?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:05:23 »

Yes, but there will be a massive turnover in players.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:05:34 »

Hopefully not (Wilson going that is), I think he's one of the better Managers we could hope to attract and certainly a better long term bet than any of the Managers we've had in the past 10 years.  It's a shame such a pile of shit has been presented on his plate.  There's only so long players can be described as "having potential" or "inconsistent".  I don't think it's a lack of effort, Paynter apart today.  It's now clear they are consistent, just not very good, and they have not fullfilled any potential in most cases.

I'm just hoping for a Wise style Pre season now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:07:08 »

nope, our fans will get on his back at some point...
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:08:15 »

Hopefully not (Wilson going that is), I think he's one of the better Managers we could hope to attract and certainly a better long term bet than any of the Managers we've had in the past 10 years.  It's a shame such a pile of shit has been presented on his plate.  There's only so long players can be described as "having potential" or "inconsistent".  I don't think it's a lack of effort, Paynter apart today.  It's now clear they are consistent, just not very good, and they have not fullfilled any potential in most cases.

I'm just hoping for a Wise style Pre season now.

He sounded relaxed enough after the match to suggest that he has a few things up his sleeve including a directive from the board start over with a totally new squad irrespective of which division we find ourselves in.
flammableBen

« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:09:19 »

nope, our fans will get on his back at some point...

I worry.

It's clearly not the key to current problems, but not having a season under one manager since 04/05 hasn't helped matters.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:10:45 »

Good.  I'd be happy if none of our current squad started next season (I'm accepting Cox will go this summer and doubt we'll get Greer).  Such is the clearout needed you may as well start from scratch than leave anyone tainted behind.  It would be harsh on a few but what the heck, lets do it in style.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:12:15 »

It hasnt helped at all.

It seems we finally get a manager and give him enough time to get his squad together and he leaves/gets sacked.

I do wonder how that holds up as record, do we just notice it because we're Swindon fans or do another teams change their managers as often as we do?

We should have never ever let Plymouth talk to Sturrock, I doubt we had much say in the matter and it was before the new board took over but thats where it started. Let our best manager for years leave...maybe im being harsh it was probably just as much him wanting to leave as us letting him leave.

It really bugs me but as much as the players rightfully get slated now for being shit, lazy, inconsistent and just plain rubbish alot of them werent any of those things under Sturrock.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:14:01 »

Good.  I'd be happy if none of our current squad started next season (I'm accepting Cox will go this summer and doubt we'll get Greer).  Such is the clearout needed you may as well start from scratch than leave anyone tainted behind.  It would be harsh on a few but what the heck, lets do it in style.

I hope Wilson explains to them that it will be a buyer's market for players next season in the lower leagues and that if they want to have crack at a contract with anything better than Forest Green Rovers, they had better show some form.  As for playing part time, there are no jobs out there.    
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:17:10 »

It hasnt helped at all.

It seems we finally get a manager and give him enough time to get his squad together and he leaves/gets sacked.

I do wonder how that holds up as record, do we just notice it because we're Swindon fans or do another teams change their managers as often as we do?

We should have never ever let Plymouth talk to Sturrock, I doubt we had much say in the matter and it was before the new board took over but thats where it started. Let our best manager for years leave...maybe im being harsh it was probably just as much him wanting to leave as us letting him leave.

It really bugs me but as much as the players rightfully get slated now for being shit, lazy, inconsistent and just plain rubbish alot of them werent any of those things under Sturrock.

It didn't help that we couldn't afford to pay him no doubt, and the writing was on the wall in the last month or so anyway.  The rot had set.  I have no confidence we'd be much if any better now with him in charge, possibly just the benefit of consistency in terms of players having one set way of playing for a prolonged period.
deltaincline

« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:18:23 »

He sounded relaxed enough after the match to suggest that he has a few things up his sleeve including a directive from the board start over with a totally new squad irrespective of which division we find ourselves in.

Good post;-)

Wilson needs his own staff around him for a start. Then he needs to decide who he wants to keep from those out of contract in the summer, tell the rest to fuck off and start his own team building plans.

As someone else said, I'm pinning my hopes on another Wise style pre season of hope.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 00:19:13 »

Whilst I agree there was really no way of keeping him. I disagree with the fact we wouldnt be much better off without him because I think we would be..

not that it matters at all of course
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 06:38:09 »

Its 6.35 am, I have had 4 hours sleep, got in at 1 am. Im feeling totally disinterested by stfc, I have said this before. Last night was my first home game since dec 28. Im a season ticket holder. I dont really give a fuck anymore, its hard to when the players dont. Ship the whole fucking lot of them out in the summer, fuck them all. Lets clear the decks and start anew.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: