Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £5 tickets for P45 wavers  (Read 14734 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 22:16:52 »

Are they doing it for the company though or the employee's?

The point i'm trying to get across is that why should Honda workers get the benefits?

Big target audience, it's good marketing, whether you agree with it or not.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 23:58:12 »

Are they doing it for the company though or the employee's?

The point i'm trying to get across is that why should Honda workers get the benefits?
It's not just Honda workers though is it? IIRC, anyone who's got a redundancy notice or been sacked or JSA can also get it. But then they've explicitly added Honda workers in too who are also going to be hard stretched. Good marketing, good way of connecting with a good chunk of your local community when times are hard. Smart move and the right move, very impressive
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 00:01:11 »

But people who have a job, and are paid for example £13k per year still have to pay full price...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 02:21:39 »

But people who have a job, and are paid for example £13k per year still have to pay full price...
Oh FFS! What are they supposed to do? Means testing with disposable income forms on the turnstiles? There's plenty of clubs who will be reacting to harder economic times by looking at the impact on their own bottom line and putting prices up across the board. Not so long ago ours would have been one of them. There's always going to be some kind of hole someone can pick in anything the club try to do - instead of bemoaning the edge cases, why not applaud they've at least recognised a lot of people are suffering hard times and have made some effort to help? And to retain those people's support during the hard times, something that hopefully helps breed loyalty
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 02:44:13 »

Watkins was on Talk Sport chatting about this tonight.

I'd like to think that was down to me E Mailing Danny Kelly about it.

/
W56196272
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 08:38:23 »

most honda workers bought the S/T so its good marketing at the occasional supporters i think the players need the support to get out of the mess were in.
cassandra_31

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 03:23:20 »

It is a nice offer and i hope all the members can have a chance to read this thread.I think you can put the information to other thread.
Sussex

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 05:11:32 »

Watkins was on Talk Sport chatting about this tonight.

I'd like to think that was down to me E Mailing Danny Kelly about it.

Stop emailing Danny forking Kelly and make sure planes land safely!  Smiley
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 09:36:10 »

most honda workers bought the S/T so its good marketing at the occasional supporters i think the players need the support to get out of the mess were in.

Sorry Johnny that is clearly a poo statement !!

There are 3,700 workers at Honda - if "most" of them are season ticket holders then this only leaves about 1,500 people who have season tickets that do not work for Honda !!

I think Sippo is a miserable git about this - fairp play to the board.  They might even get a few EXTRA bums on seats with initiatives like this - the more the merrier I say !

Wise men say........
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 10:53:09 »

I mean it is fair play to the club for OAPs, under 12's etc, but just honda workers is what pisses me off. They are worse people off, and they still go and pay full price. The difference is they just get on with it.

You Sir are a Grade A Cunt.

Try to look at the facts before you post such drivel. As a Honda employee I would love to 'just get on with it' as you so put it. The majority of Honda workers used to take home somewhere in the region of £1,600 after tax. This was made up of basic pay, overtime, attendance bonus and shift pay. Now all Honda workers are just receiving basic pay, around £1,100 after tax and this figure will drop even further for the second 2 months when it goes to 60% basic pay.

In a nutshell, I have had my income reduced by some 30% with worse to come. Granted I may still earn more than some but its all relavent at the end of the day as everybody lives to their means. My pay has gone down but the mortgage, bills and shopping still have to be paid for. I have been proactive and found a part time job to keep myself above water but others have not been so lucky, as jobs are hard to comeby at the moment.

You have to consider the knock-on affect Honda has for Swindon as its not just the near 4,000 Honda workers but the 15,000 other workers that are employed in and around Swindon by companies that supply to Honda that are also on reduced incomes now.

I applaud the action taken by the club as it allows myself and others to continue going to The County Ground when originally many people would have just crossed football off the list of expenses that could be lost. I think you forget that Honda is THE MAJOR employer in the town and probably always will be so obviously its going to be the clubs interest to ensure that football is affordable to its captive market.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 10:59:36 »

Try to look at the facts before you post such drivel. As a Honda employee I would love to 'just get on with it' as you so put it. The majority of Honda workers used to take home somewhere in the region of £1,600 after tax. This was made up of basic pay, overtime, attendance bonus and shift pay. Now all Honda workers are just receiving basic pay, around £1,100 after tax and this figure will drop even further for the second 2 months when it goes to 60% basic pay.

In a nutshell, I have had my income reduced by some 30% with worse to come. Granted I may still earn more than some but its all relavent at the end of the day as everybody lives to their means. My pay has gone down but the mortgage, bills and shopping still have to be paid for. I have been proactive and found a part time job to keep myself above water but others have not been so lucky, as jobs are hard to comeby at the moment.

You have to consider the knock-on affect Honda has for Swindon as its not just the near 4,000 Honda workers but the 15,000 other workers that are employed in and around Swindon by companies that supply to Honda that are also on reduced incomes now.

I applaud the action taken by the club as it allows myself and others to continue going to The County Ground when originally many people would have just crossed football off the list of expenses that could be lost. I think you forget that Honda is THE MAJOR employer in the town and probably always will be so obviously its going to be the clubs interest to ensure that football is affordable to its captive market.

Hope things improve for you Reaps!

Clems Army!
Sussex

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 11:05:12 »

Blimey, top post Mr Reaper. I'm fucked too.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 14:08:44 »

£1,100 after tax and this figure will drop even further for the second 2 months when it goes to 60% basic pay.

Which is still more than most get paid. Look at NHS staff, some take home less than that. I'm not saying its not a tragic loss for the town and surrounding businesses but the point I was making is why should Honda workers be singled out? A lot of people have had to take pay cuts etc- what about the 'trades'? They're suffering. Would they get cheaper tickets? Its should be the same rule for everyone - be it cheaper or the same price. End of the day a lot of people are hard up.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 14:32:24 »

Your missing the point Sippo. NHS staff are on a lower wage but they knew that when they started the job. And as such their lifestyle is based on what they can afford. If they had there wages dropped by 30-50% they would be up shit creek like the rest of us. Honda workers are being singled out because there are thousands of them in Swindon. The club are just running a business and marketing the biggest captive audience so to speak.

Does it really bother you that much that some people are now able to afford football again? Would you prefer myself and other Honda workers to give football a miss for the rest of the season and see our crowds dwindle even further?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 14:38:37 »

Could you? Cheers reaper
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: