Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lets all laugh at oxford.  (Read 59416 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 18:01:31 »

Good work Ardiles!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 18:06:54 »

Ardiles, can you carry on with a bit more fishing? Is this the Oxford equivilant of Thisis?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 12:50:09 »

Ardiles, can you carry on with a bit more fishing? Is this the Oxford equivilant of Thisis?

It is tempting, isn't it.  Today's offering is this...

Smiley Happy People

The one on the right is a bloke, allegedly.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 12:58:07 »

Quote from: Oxford Mail
PLANES, trains and automobiles will carry die-hard Oxford United fans to the team’s first game in Scotland for a decade.

More than 100 supporters are set to make the trek north of the border for the pre-season friendly with Greenock Morton at 3pm on Saturday.

Chris Wilder’s men set off yesterday in two minibuses and will stay on for a behind-closed-doors encounter with Rangers on Tuesday.

Ryan Wells, from Berinsfield, is travelling in a nine-seat minibus driven by older brother Carl and accompanied by fellow supporters including Darren Turner, 22, and Paddy Cleary, 24.

Twenty-six-year-old Mr Wells, who did not miss a competitive game last season, said: “We’re leaving at midnight tonight.

“We reckon we’ll get there at 6.30am or 7am, with a couple of stops.

“The idea is for us to get up there early so we can have a bit of a rest before the game instead of driving straight up there and back after the football. It’s going to cost us £50 each.

“I think the players will be surprised by how many fans we’ll take. I know there are lots flying up and going by train, but that’s going to cost about £150 once you get the train from Glasgow Airport.

“I didn’t want to fly because I’ve never flown before and don’t want to.”

Asked what will keep him occupied during the mammoth drive, Mr Wells joked: “I’ll be sleeping.”

He added: “I’ve got MSN and Facebook on my phone so I’ll probably be on those all the way up.”

Mark Gelder, originally from Kennington but now living in Guildford, Surrey, is letting the train take the strain.

The 37-year-old will take today off work to travel from Guildford to Waterloo, from Waterloo to Euston and from Euston to Glasgow, before catching another train tomorrow from Glasgow to Greenock at a total cost of more than £110.

He said: “I didn’t miss any of the away games last season and I wanted to try to do that again this year. It’s also a good excuse for a weekend away.

“I think there won’t be as many up there as there could be, but it’ll be all the familiar faces you see at every other away game.”

Zac Knowles, 16, from Middle Barton, is flying from Birmingham to Glasgow with at least three other U’s fans at 5pm today. The trip, including £75 flights and a £30 hotel room, is likely to cost about £150 each.

He joked: “You’ve got to watch Oxford in Europe. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me.

“I really can’t wait. There should be about 250 fans going up.

“I think it’ll be a big confidence boost for the players to see that support.”

Club chairman Kelvin Thomas said: “It blows me away the dedication the fans have got to go all the way up to Scotland for a pre-season trip.

“I was talking to the manager and mentioned there would be a few going up and he was pretty excited about it — it just shows what a club we have.”

United last played in Scotland in July 1999 when they took on Ayr United and St Mirren, based in Paisley.

The fat cunt will need a minibus for himself. Greenock Morton who are they Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #79 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:15:40 »

Pre season tour of Scotland is much better than playing in a field in Austria.

To be honest I was pretty jealous when I saw their tour to be honest.

That will be a Rangers XI, but still not bad.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 13:27:48 »

Oxford are now travelling to games in minibuses?

Even us TEFers travel in better style than that.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 14:50:12 »

The Morton fans should be very welcoming  Soapy Tit Wank
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 15:07:35 »

The fat cunt will need a minibus for himself. Greenock Morton who are they Wink

I've never seen a more embarrasing selection of 'humans' in my life!

I like the jovial one pointing to a map!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 15:24:47 »

Oxford are now travelling to games in minibuses?

Even us TEFers travel in better style than that.

It's what happens when you're non-league...no point in pretending otherwise.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, July 18, 2009, 10:56:58 »

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=28031&st=0

Some nice comments from a couple of Morton fans.

'There are better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than sit in a s***ty, cramped stand watching the same drivel I watched on Tuesday night against another Dr.Martens/Blue Wicked/Red Bull side'.

'Yeah same here mate, there are arguments for the away trips during pre-season, everything that happens before and after the match, but Oxford United at Cappielow, no ta. It's also my birthday on Saturday, can't imagine anything more depressing than sitting in the stand watching a Ton training match. If they make a big signing...then I still won't be there'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spencer_White

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, July 18, 2009, 11:19:55 »

I was up there at Cappielow a few weeks ago, and to be honest then didnt seem too excited about their football. Dont think they mustered a chant.

Going through one of those stagnating period's. Side was underperforming.

The ground is tremendous though. They have bought one of the stand's from St Mirren's old love street ground. I dont know if that will be in place for the scummers friendly.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, July 18, 2009, 11:32:32 »

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=28031&st=0

Some nice comments from a couple of Morton fans.

'There are better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than sit in a s***ty, cramped stand watching the same drivel I watched on Tuesday night against another Dr.Martens/Blue Wicked/Red Bull side'.

'Yeah same here mate, there are arguments for the away trips during pre-season, everything that happens before and after the match, but Oxford United at Cappielow, no ta. It's also my birthday on Saturday, can't imagine anything more depressing than sitting in the stand watching a Ton training match. If they make a big signing...then I still won't be there'

Hope you don't mind, Bob, but I had to share that with the locals on the Oxford Mail site.  Got to laugh.  Planes, trains, automobiles...Oxford fans well up for it, and 400 miles later they're in an empty ground watching a game that no one gives a monkey's about.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, July 18, 2009, 13:57:48 »

I find it astonishing the locals aren't wetting themselves in anticipation of such a massive side visiting, what with the atmosphere, wacky fans and all. LMFAO
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 23:01:40 »

the bloo square premier table looks ominous. the scum are sat on top of it.

i give it until xmas Smiley
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 23:06:44 »

the bloo square premier table looks ominous. the scum are sat on top of it.

i give it until xmas Smiley
They'll be top at Christmas and miss out on the play-offs. Usual story really Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: