Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 79971 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 12:44:10 »

My job should be safe as I work on behalf of one of the biggest accounts in our company which is also tri-regional, however Im not too sure on the tenacy and lettings side of the business.  One of the offices in Mission Veijo California has already been closed down due to the economic downturn.  Luckily EMEA is the biggest region.

Have definitely benefitted from petrol decrease but thats about it.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 12:44:26 »

at the moment we are pretty safe. Missus is a Nurse and i design highways etc.

My company have recently made 25 people redundant company wide (only 300 employed) and the feeling is they were only getting rid of dead wood. (too top heavy)

we've been told that will only ever happen once and if we weren't involved our jobs are safe.
thing is as a small part of the company (60 people in west mids) we still bill between £600k - £900k per month!!!!

(above dead wood comment isn't aimed at others who've been made redundant. just my company alone!)

Lumps

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 12:59:45 »

I'm seriously thinking about learning a trade... they'll never be affected.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Have you not been reading the news? Theres brickies, sparks and chippies being laid off all over the fucking country. None of the major housebuilding firms are embarking on any new major projects at all. the only development going on is major public schemes. All those people that would have been on the sites before are now sticking cards in post office windows and that's squeezing the established self employed tradespeople.

It's no fucking wonder the Polish plumbers are fucking off home.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:12:16 »

Its not been too bad for me.

Been unemployed since July but still living comfortably. The amount of jobs about certainly decreased and I was getting a bit worried I wouldnt find anything.

Tempted at Royal Mail for Christmas and got offered a full time position to start this month. What with mail centres closing and Swindon expanding my job will be safe and they will no doubt be taking more on.

Petrol price coming down is a good one and im waiting for the price of astro turf to come down! I find paying £40 for an hour booking a rip off. £4 per game! Used to be able to book a pitch for £25 a few years back!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:15:09 »

Last night I had a dream I was a postman.

Legget pulled up in his van whilst I was at the sorting office. But I have never met Legget but he looked exactly how I imagine Fatbury to look. I've never met Fatbury either.

All in all it was a bit strange really.

BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:19:27 »

I work in corporate insolvency so I've seen the full effects of the recession to date. We've probably doubled our workload over the past few months. It's a sorry state of affairs.. just yesterday I had a meeting with the company directors for a chain of 14 high street shops in the south east with liquidation the only possible outcome. That's 45 redundancies for the staff and bankruptcy and a divorce for the directors (a husband and wife team). For me personally, it's a very unusual feeling having absolute job security in a time of such uncertainty.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:22:58 »

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Have you not been reading the news? Theres brickies, sparks and chippies being laid off all over the fucking country. None of the major housebuilding firms are embarking on any new major projects at all. the only development going on is major public schemes. All those people that would have been on the sites before are now sticking cards in post office windows and that's squeezing the established self employed tradespeople.

It's no fucking wonder the Polish plumbers are fucking off home.
Well, my tame plumber was asked to visit us yesterday as we have a slight problem with the hot water system, he apologised and told me he could not come until next week as he is so busy!! 

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:23:58 »

i'm better off due to the interest rate cuts.my brother is struggling for work though,and i have friends who worked in woollies warehouse and are now unemployed.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:25:51 »

im waiting for the price of astro turf to come down! I find paying £40 for an hour booking a rip off. £4 per game! Used to be able to book a pitch for £25 a few years back!!!

What a choker, my fucking heart bleeds for you. People are losing their jobs left right and centre and all you are worried about is the price of playing six a side.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:27:15 »

i have a mate who who's a carpenter, another who does landscaping, another in plumbing, and they've never been busier...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:27:42 »

Double glazing is where it's at right now. What with people not being able to get a new mortgage and move home at the moment a lot are turning to home improvements like new windows, doors, conservatories and porches. The wife's old man is a glazier (self-employed) and apart from Christmas and New Year he probably hasn't had a day off since June/July last year. He's turning work away now but previously was taking on sub-contractors who were costing him more than he was getting paid for the job, just to get the work done.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:29:59 »

As long as theres kids I should be ok...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:33:28 »

Yeah the massive reduction in used car value and fuel cost me my bonus and a pay rise. I'm not that bothered though as I only would have got it because fuel was ridiculously fucking expensive anyway. Would have been nice though, I wanted a PS3.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:33:38 »

DR GLASSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 13:34:06 »

As long as theres kids I should be ok...

PERVE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: