Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sam Deering  (Read 2058 times)
Rich Pullen

« on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 18:12:25 »

Tsk, tsk young man.

A promising Oxford United footballer has been fined and warned about his future conduct after posting “appalling” racist comments on the Internet.

Midfielder Sam Deering has been reprimanded by the club after writing the comments on the social networking site Facebook.

The teenager, who is currently in hospital with a broken leg, referred to his nurses as “f***** pakis” on Sunday after a friend asked him if they were attractive.

Fans and anti-racism campaigners branded the comments unacceptable — with one calling for Mr Deering to be sacked.

Trevor Lambert, chairman of Oxford United Supporters' trust OxVox, said: “Racism in any form is totally unacceptable.

“It is totally unacceptable coming from anybody but obviously coming from a footballer it is completely unacceptable because they are something of a role model for kids to look up to.

“If it is true I would like to see him educated in some way and maybe doing something with the local Asian community.

“He is a promising young player with lots of people looking up to him.

“Lots of kids across Oxfordshire will be identifying with him and he can do lots of positive things. It is disappointing.”

A former Charlton Athletic and Chelsea youth team player, Mr Deering — originally from East London — joined United as a scholar two years ago and signed a professional contract this autumn.

He was stretchered off with a broken leg during United’s 2-1 defeat against Salisbury on Boxing Day and will not play again this season.

Mr Deering’s comments were available to more than 1,000 people listed as friends on his Facebook site, which members use to share information about their lives.

Piara Powar, a spokesman for the anti-racism Kick It Out campaign, said: “It is unacceptable. It is now down to the club to have a chat with him and discipline him. They need to help him understand his role and responsibilities as an Oxford United player.

“He is doing what many people would crave to do — getting paid to play football professionally.

“There is a code of good behaviour that he needs to adhere to.”

Dr Taj Hargey, chairman of the Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford, said: “I am absolutely appalled. I think it is a sad indictment that racism is alive and well in this country.

“He should be disciplined and then fired to set an example that this type of racism in the 21st century should not be tolerated.

“I myself am a football fan and I always follow Oxford United and I am totally disappointed someone as a role model is behaving in this despicable manner.

“He should make a public apology. He has brought the club into disrepute.”

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/4010226.U_s_star_in_racism_row/

Meanwhile...

In a club statement Oxford chairman Kelvin Thomas said: "We take this issue very seriously.

"I have spoken to Sam personally and he has been made aware that we will not tolerate such comments."

Thomas added: "Knowing Sam and his background I am confident he is not a racist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oxford_utd/7805104.stm

Nope, he just pretends to be racist in order to be super-cool.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 18:15:26 »

If it is true I would like to see him educated in some way and maybe doing something with the local Asian community.

Great idea

So they can all kick the fucking shit out of him
Danjackson10

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 18:17:58 »

i work in a hospital and we get this kind of attitude all the time. makes me fucking sick.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 18:20:38 »

The scum have previous for this sort of thing....Wright was sacked as manager by Kassam for racist abuse.

If you read their website TIU...many of the posters are openly racist...they make Ironside look a bleeding heart liberal.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 18:20:51 »

Lets hope a Dr Singh is next to check the state of his broken leg...it may get a few extra twists and tugs on it.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 18:22:31 »

i work in a hospital and we get this kind of attitude all the time. makes me fucking sick.

you have a very anglosised name!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 18:24:27 »

I bet the Police wont get involved like they did this lad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7795825.stm

Fucking Hypocrisy I tell thee
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 19:12:16 »

My 89 year old nan has been in hospital for a while and she gets angry with not getting tea and help. Family members have explained that it's because she refers to anyone who is not white as "blacky". To be fair to her though she is from a different era, and grew up with no education beyond the age of 8 and on the Isles of Scilly.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 19:18:39 »

My 89 year old nan has been in hospital for a while and she gets angry with not getting tea and help. Family members have explained that it's because she refers to anyone who is not white as "blacky". To be fair to her though she is from a different era, and grew up with no education beyond the age of 8 and on the Isles of Scilly.

I'm really sorry but that did make me laugh
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 19:22:32 »

My gran is of the same age and has used such phrases - She's lived her whole life in Yatton Keynall, the land time forgot.

Sam Deering is just thick.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 19:25:38 »

I hope they send him to Rose Hill in Oxford. Its like islamabad i tell thee!
Barry Scott

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 22:32:29 »

I'm really sorry but that did make me laugh

Nothing t be sorry for, it made me chuckle to myself when i witnessed it first hand. Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 22:44:11 »

My gran is of the same age and has used such phrases - She's lived her whole life in Yatton Keynall, the land time forgot.

When I were a nipper, we used to go and visit my father's auntie who lived in a huge rambling farmhouse, just outside Yatton Keynell...now this was the land that Yatton Keynell forgot.  In 50's rural England..I'm not even sure they had electricity or telephones, but they did make their own cheese and ham and stuff.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 00:34:43 »

I bet the Police wont get involved like they did this lad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7795825.stm

Fucking Hypocrisy I tell thee

the bottom left one on the picture looks like scot munroe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: