Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone remember Mastermind, the board game?...  (Read 3811 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:48:45 »

Any clown that thinks they should bring back Seton Wills as Fitton and that are no good I hope don't bother renewing and don't ever come back  We are very luck to be in a financially stable position and debt free with the old fucking crooks we may not be here now.  Yes the manager thing is dragging on a bit but lets get this in perspective if we still get the right man then we can push up the league with good management on and off the field.

Unfortunately these people dont troll the forums and the tinternet all day so can only go on what the adver or RS are telling them or more importantly what they see on a match day by the way these are not the ones saying bring back SSW. As for people who look from a far and used to go regularly they only go on the scoreline and whats read out on sky soccer saturday and it does not make good reading at the moment.
It is no point saying these people are not welcome because they are the same people that AF and Co are trying to get back.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:49:32 »

He's not wrong Edna!!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:49:52 »

I'm not blaming the board as such. Just think it's all making us look a bit silly now. Will we get any form of update today do you reckon? Also the media being idiots really don't help the cause.

I think it is highly unlikely that any announcement will be made today but we will get a statement detailing (as much as possible) the reasons behind the delay.  

I can imagine that F&W are working tirelessly behind the scenes trying to get things in place but time may be against them I fear.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:52:01 »

On a side not Triseros, as a fork-ist that you are.  With our ground share with Bath likely to be announced next month, you seen the state of Reading's pitch recently.  Flippin awful, even with that plastic binding material they use, must be a sobering thought for our pitch menders.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:53:52 »

Unfortunately these people dont troll the forums and the tinternet all day so can only go on what the adver or RS are telling them or more importantly what they see on a match day by the way these are not the ones saying bring back SSW. As for people who look from a far and used to go regularly they only go on the scoreline and whats read out on sky soccer saturday and it does not make good reading at the moment.
It is no point saying these people are not welcome because they are the same people that AF and Co are trying to get back.

Lambourn you make a good point - people who don't use forums do have a differing view point on the situation and shouldn't lambasted for it
lambourn red

« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:54:12 »

It is when you consider the amount of experienced managers who are out of work at the moment, we just dont need all this distraction at the moment because a loss Saturday will probably put us in the bottom 4 , I just hope the new guy whoever it is will be able to do some wealing and dealing in Jan as the current crop have not got the quality or the fight to get out of this mire.

But are they all happy to work within the confines of our business model?  I'd imagine that Newcastle thought they were onto a winner when Allardyce was appointed but it got them nowhere, as were Blackburn when they appointed Ince - having a big name guarantees nothing if they can't operate the way club expects them to

Not saying a big name just an experienced one like Ward,Holloway, etc who would not require any compo and would have been available immediately.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:55:31 »

On a side not Triseros, as a fork-ist that you are.  With our ground share with Bath likely to be announced next month, you seen the state of Reading's pitch recently.  Flippin awful, even with that plastic binding material they use, must be a sobering thought for our pitch menders.

Not particularly looking forward to it but it is still in the melting pot - Bath have gone very quiet on the subject since the economic downturn - we're waiting on them to come back to us and they don't have long to do it
« Last Edit: Friday, December 19, 2008, 14:23:46 by triseros » Logged
land_of_bo

« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:56:07 »

I don't think we look silly.

It seems a shambles to us internet morons as we're on here 24/7 speculating and pontificating and expect things to happen in a flash.

To the outside world who are fed news by SSN and the BBC it just looks like we're taking our time and making sure we're getting the right person.

So, have we got a new manager yet? No. Do we look stupid to an Oxford fan that doesn't come on here reading all the speculation that we've fucked this club around, fucked up compensation here, left it too late there but reads the BBC to see that our shortlist is down to two? No.

The best course of action is for all the fucking I saw so-and-so etc to stop, let Fitton & Co get on with what they are doing and show a little patience.

PS - I was in London yesterday and on the train back to Bath Alan Pardew got off at Swindon; make of that what you will.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:57:24 »

Not saying a big name just an experienced one like Ward,Holloway, etc who would not require any compo and would have been available immediately.
But they have been considered and felt they would not work to our business model - same issue as a big name really.

Basically any manaager we employ has to work to our strategy otherwise we have no club in 5 years time - this is not a bottomless pot of money ownership - we have to operate as a profit making business
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 13:57:40 »

To be completely honest to spend 5 weeks during the season is taking far to long.  We need a decisive move, blitzkrieg styley, not more consideration.

Fucking call up Holloway and offer him the job.  Not that for a minute I believe that will happen.
lambourn red

« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 14:03:04 »

But they have been considered and felt they would not work to our business model - same issue as a big name really.

Basically any manaager we employ has to work to our strategy otherwise we have no club in 5 years time - this is not a bottomless pot of money ownership - we have to operate as a profit making business

So are you saying the wages that the likes of Ward would want are too much ? but Cheltenham and Carlisle could afford him, or that these guys would want a big budget to spend on players ?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 14:17:11 »

So are you saying the wages that the likes of Ward would want are too much ? but Cheltenham and Carlisle could afford him, or that these guys would want a big budget to spend on players ?

No, It's not about salary's - it's about how they want to manage a team.  Some managers want a guarantee of a big transfer budget, others are happy with free transfers and some see youth development as the way forward - if a 'Wow factor' name came into the frame but expected a big transfer budget then I'm afraid it goes against the business strategy of youth development and ends up in the 'No thank you' bin.

In simplistic terms it's no different to employing anyone else in a normal job - if you advertise for someone to make Christmas cards and you only deal in recyclable paper but the person you were interviewing was only prepared to make Christmas cards out of tin foil - would you employ him? probably not because it doesn't fit with your business model

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: