Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Calderwood (hasn't really) Quits Forest (yet)  (Read 7909 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:57:29 »

How can we be anti-scottish to you? You're English.

Not aimed at you Jan, but jay just reminded me of a little piece of my past.

I went to school with a lad who had an part Irish Dad, you know, one of those English people who likes to proclaim their Irishness for no obvious reason, apart from maybe boarding the sometimes fashionable Oyrish band wagon.

Anyway, a few years later, when we're adults, we bump into him. Without the benefit of recently, or perhaps ever, going to Ireland, he's acquired a kind of nomadic Colin Farrell look and a full blown proper Irish accent. It still makes me chuckle to myself now. Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:05:36 »

Not aimed at you Jan, but jay just reminded me of a little piece of my past.

I went to school with a lad who had an part Irish Dad, you know, one of those English people who likes to proclaim their Irishness for no obvious reason, apart from maybe boarding the sometimes fashionable Oyrish band wagon.

Anyway, a few years later, when we're adults, we bump into him. Without the benefit of recently, or perhaps ever, going to Ireland, he's acquired a kind of nomadic Colin Farrell look and a full blown proper Irish accent. It still makes me chuckle to myself now. Cheesy
Similarly I used to work with a guy who's Mum or Dad (I forget which) was Scottish, although he himself was born and had always lived in Bristol. He always talked with your standard "Fetch moi coider" Brizzle accent until one autumn he went with the relevant parent on a two-week visit to the family in Glasgow and came back talking like a full-on Rab C Glaswegian. It was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen - like when an actor leaves a soap and they want to keep the character so the character goes on holiday then comes back a week or so later looking and sounding completely different and none of his friends or family seem to notice. Which doesn't work terribly well in soaps, but it's just utterly ridiculous in real life. And he got right mardie about it if anyone asked "Why are you talking like that?", like we were all supposed to pretend to ourselves this was how he'd always talked. Most odd.

So really as plastic jocks go, janaage's pretty tolerable, all things considered Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:06:51 »

FROM ADVER

Watkins said.
“(The next manager) isn’t going to be a wow, wow, wow factor today, but I firmly believe it will be a wow, wow and extra wow factor tomorrow.

I don't believe this story for a minute, could any of you say that sentence above straight off without fucking it up - its like the pheasant plucking one!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:17:27 »

I myself have an Irish parent. But i'm from Swindon, that makes me English.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:18:15 »

Ahhhh every time someone bumps this thread I keep thinking Calderwood has actually quit!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 13:47:55 »

I myself have an Irish parent. But i'm from Swindon, that makes me English.

How many times do we have to go over this subject?  I've never said I am Scottish, personally I consider myself British.  I support Scotland at international events and hold the country in very high regard as half my family are from there.  That's it.  I don't hate england, or the english and I hope the United Kingdom lives long and prospers.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 15:08:54 »

hehehehe bitey bitey!
Barry Scott

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 15:16:33 »

Similarly I used to work with a guy who's Mum or Dad (I forget which) was Scottish, although he himself was born and had always lived in Bristol. He always talked with your standard "Fetch moi coider" Brizzle accent until one autumn he went with the relevant parent on a two-week visit to the family in Glasgow and came back talking like a full-on Rab C Glaswegian. It was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen - like when an actor leaves a soap and they want to keep the character so the character goes on holiday then comes back a week or so later looking and sounding completely different and none of his friends or family seem to notice. Which doesn't work terribly well in soaps, but it's just utterly ridiculous in real life. And he got right mardie about it if anyone asked "Why are you talking like that?", like we were all supposed to pretend to ourselves this was how he'd always talked. Most odd.

So really as plastic jocks go, janaage's pretty tolerable, all things considered Wink

It's stupid, they should be embarrassed and bury their heads in the sand. His name wasn't Chris Craig was it?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 15:25:13 »

Thats a double whammy, Scottish and Brizzle. I once worked with a guy whose dad was Scottish, his mum was from Pakistan and he lived in Brizzle and supported the Slave Traders. He was actually a good lad but was a bit confused when I told him I found the Pakistani element of him the least offensive.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 15:27:17 »

How many times do we have to go over this subject?  I've never said I am Scottish, personally I consider myself British.  I support Scotland at international events and hold the country in very high regard as half my family are from there.  That's it.  I don't hate england, or the english and I hope the United Kingdom lives long and prospers.

Strange that you spell Scottish / Scotland with a capital letter but not English / England with a capital letter - your true feelings coming out there

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 15:57:31 »

Strange that you spell Scottish / Scotland with a capital letter but not English / England with a capital letter - your true feelings coming out there
Nah, just shows the appalling state of the english edukashun system. If he'd gone to school in Scotland, he'd have got it right
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 16:23:55 »

Yeah my true feelings really come out there.  Imagine having such a hatred for a country, that you live there, half your family originate from there, but you don't use a capital letter when you spell the country's name.  I mean how offensive and hardcore is that?    I'm surprised I haven't been banned from this site yet!!  I'm really evil me.

Ps - No biting there, Jayo just explaining the situation.  The above is more of a bite tbh.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 16:46:37 »

Yeah my true feelings really come out there.  Imagine having such a hatred for a country, that you live there, half your family originate from there, but you don't use a capital letter when you spell the country's name.  I mean how offensive and hardcore is that?    I'm surprised I haven't been banned from this site yet!!  I'm really evil me.

Ps - No biting there, Jayo just explaining the situation.  The above is more of a bite tbh.

You've not explained anything Jan. It comes across as a bit disrespectful of England that's all.

Which would make you a proper jock, as most of them have an inferiority complex when it comes to their neighbours.......

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 16:58:13 »

You've not explained anything Jan. It comes across as a bit disrespectful of England that's all.

Which would make you a proper jock, as most of them have an inferiority complex when it comes to their neighbours.......

What do you mean, complex. It's no complex.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 17:14:00 »

There's no inferiority complex at all, it's a rivalry, that's it.  On here it's unusual to see people refer to the clubs down the road as Oxford United, or Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, even Reading are known as plastics.  That's it, so when I write england I use a small e, who gives a fuck?  Well obviously some of you do, which is nice to know.

And before the "yeah but we don't give a fuck about Scotland" I very much doubt Reading or City fans care much about us, even the oxford lot probably don't care too much at the moment as we haven't played them for ages.  But rivalries should die, they should live on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: