Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 254941 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:34:44 »

Good point Ben, nevertheless, I'd still be mightily satisfied with Pearce. He started out quite well at Man City IIRC.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
flammableBen

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:41:51 »

Good point Ben, nevertheless, I'd still be mightily satisfied with Pearce. He started out quite well at Man City IIRC.

I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I was quite happy with Malpas at the time. I'd definitely be happy with Pearce. The Under-21 and not particularly successful top flight experience in own country are ace similarities though, especially if these rumours turn out to be true.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:42:59 »

I heard from an even more reliable source that another candidate is former Swindon and Everton stalwart Gary Stanley.
deltaincline

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:12:11 »

Pearce would be a fucking ace appointment. He's obviously still well connected and will no doubt know where to look and who to ask about possible players. He's in the 'fucking hell, yes of course I want to play for you and Swindon Town, Mr. Pearce. Where do I sign?' bracket of ex-player-turned-managers who's name and record preceeds him.

Not sure about the job share side of things. Fitton and Pearce would have to thrash that out between them, but I think I could put up with it if he brought a decent ASM with him. No one would of objected for instance if that situation had existed when Wise and Poyet were here. If Wise had had to fuck off to look after the U21's and it clashed with a town fixture leaving Gus to mind the till in SN1, fair enough. If he was leaving a cunt like say, Andy King in charge though, everyone would go mental, so they'd have to sort that out as well.

I must admit, signing Pearce as our manager gets my juices flowing a cunting sight more than when dear old Maurice was appointed Grin
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:18:51 »

Pearce would obviously call up Cox, Pook & Morrison to the Under 21s so we could get our games during the international break called off
Dazzza

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:26:20 »

Only concern would be the commitments of the U21 side especially if they qualify for tournaments.

I think it was Peter Taylor who tried to combine the U21 post and managing U’ll at the same time and a lot of the fans were fairly miffed at the amount of time he devoting to the national side.  Even claiming it was resulting in their poor form at the time although that could just be because he was crap anyway.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:28:39 »

I thought he took them up when he was doing both jobs
Dazzza

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:32:06 »

P
I thought he took them up when he was doing both jobs

Probably did my memory is a bit hazy but I do remember him getting a lot of grief for it at the time.

Did you know fact fans Peter Taylor has signed Junior Lewis for five different clubs and has even appointed him coach at Wycum?

I remember the lanky bugger on loan for us and his was fucking superb although we were pretty dire at the time.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:34:47 »

I liked lewis. On the coaching staff at wycombe isn't he
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:36:02 »

Oops you did say that
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 00:11:23 »

Pearce and Martin O'Neil are disciples of God (Brian Clough).  He would not transgress the teachings of the almighty Brian.  The chosen one must be appointed. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 07:39:01 »

Isn't Steve Wigley Pearce's right hand man for England U 21....perhaps it's Wiggles rather than Psycho.

So legendary left back for his country, manager of that country's U 21, sketchy record managing in that country's top flight....haven't we been here before?

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 07:56:09 »

The acid test must surely be ....

What does Bart think? Hmmm

(he does think, doesn't he?)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:07:04 »

What does Bart think? Hmmm

(he does think, doesn't he?)

No, he just opens his mouth without engaging his brain.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:22:30 »

Pearce and Martin O'Neil are disciples of God (Brian Clough).  He would not transgress the teachings of the almighty Brian.  The chosen one must be appointed. 

I guess that makes nigel clough Jesus!
Fuck me, Jesus for manager!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: