Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Playing like a Sturrock team  (Read 3663 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 21:31:18 »

I was trying to say that people are backing up their 25% football with 80% bollocks which is all good and to be expected. But I think it's bizarre that some people legitimise the assumptions they make by saying to someone's counter assumption that there is no evidence. More often than not, there is no evidence to support their assumption either, so it's all a load of bollocks in the end.

I wasn't saying it was Byrne's idea, just that there is more evidence.  FWIW I think Malpas and Byrne share the same football philosophy, just from what I've heard of the podcasts etc. That's purely opinion though, I don't know the coach driver well enough to get any gossip.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 22:14:29 »

Dunno si at motherwell malpas played a very direct style.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 22:58:51 »

Dunno si at motherwell malpas played a very direct style.

Which almost took them down. Perhaps he wanted a different approach to that?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 01:57:03 »

malpas came in and changed it.it didn't work.he then went back to the formation sturrock used and we got results.
looks like he's doing exactly the same now.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 11:59:29 »

Perhaps Ifil's absence was key. A great man marker, but he always seems to get a lot of ball and wastes most passes. It was played out of defence much better vs Northampton, and our hard-working midfield had more chance to pick it up and challenge, the ideal role for Pook as it showed.

ust be the oldest
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 12:04:13 »

Tails said our style of football is probably more down to Byrne more than Malpas for which I've seen no evidence whatsoever to back that up.....

In a true JCP moment, my 'evidence' comes from someone who is currently a first team regular.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 12:14:31 »

"Currently" a first team regular?  Pook it is then.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 12:15:28 »

Indeed.

I really don't think it's hard to see anyway. As Si said, the style changed quite a lot when Sturrock left.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: