Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - northampton matchday thread  (Read 21410 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:15:18 »

Timlin did a lot of the talking and went over to the bench for instruction a lot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:16:18 »

Timlin did a lot of the talking and went over to the bench for instruction a lot.

True. So what we are saying is everyone talks, except the captain!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:27:59 »

its good to talk
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:36:25 »

I noticed a few times that insructions got passed on and players were there seemingly bewildered - at one point Peacock was holding shrugging his shoulders after being given instructions seemingly bemused.

I mus tsay though I was surprised with the sub at the end we are winning the game want to close it out and MM brings on Corr for Macca and moved Paynter to wide midfield where he immediately drifts in field, surely as he had 2 defensive options on the bench it would have been better brining one of them on for a few mins to to ensure we stayed tight.

Crdit where it is due though, before the game I was not impressed thinking of Timlin at LB, but although not fantastic he done a decent job there playing in an alien position to him.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:39:12 »

To me it seems logical that Malpas brought Corr on to counter Northampton's tactics. They'd not long gone 3-4-3, by bringing another striker on means they have to drop a defender back in to mark the extra man.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:44:26 »

yeah, but we've got to have a moan about something havent we?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 14:10:22 »

We won.

I'm happy.

End of.

It's All Good..............
Spencer_White

« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 18:30:56 »

Aljofree is really beginning to annoy me now because Peacock had to take on the responsibility for rallying the troops when needed, or to dish out some organisational advice when that was needed - often to the back 4.
Nice to feel like a win was always on the cards though.

Getting well pissed off with this. Aljofree seems to get it on some sort of status thing. But he only concentrates on his own performance.

Why is Aljofree automatic captain? Its a piss take.

I did enjoy last night though. We actually looked a bit up for it.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 18:53:57 »

Evening Advertiser had Aljofree as mom, don't disagree with it although I thought there were several candidates last night.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 18:57:39 »

Pook and jpm for me, aljofree didn't clap the fans again but fuck him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 20:47:39 »

I think for me personally Timlin just shaded it but I think part of that is due to the fact he was playing out of position.

Pook & Paynter ran him close though
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 21:33:38 »

Paynter got my MotM, as I stated earlier. Mainly because he had an all round good game.

I think it's great that different players have stood out for different people. At least the award didn't go to someone simply because they were less crap than the other players.

deltaincline

« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 22:27:11 »

Some quality debate on here today. I hope the players read this shit and realise that we'll back them every time if they do their fucking job!

I don't know how the advertiser gave MOM to Aljofree. He had a much more consistent game by his own recent rank standards, but MOM? As what others have said, he's quiet as fuck the whole game and deffo looks like he's playing for himself. All this petulant shit about not clapping the fans after a match just makes him look like a cunt. He needs to fucking grow up and put the barracking / abuse behind him. Fucks sake, surely those actions alone should lead to Malpas ditching him as captain and to give the armband to someone who looks like he gives a real fuck about the TEAM. The Cock would wear it with some fucking pride, no mistake!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: