Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jerel ifil  (Read 4487 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:46:13 »

Now i know the whole unit has been shit but was ifil that bad last week that he should be left out the squad all together? Yet amankwa makes the bench who malpas obviously had no intention of bringing on, have a feelin ifil maybe off come january.
Spencer_White

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:49:36 »

Hope not.

Hes the only defender at the club I would keep given the choice.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:50:22 »

terrrible man management
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:50:29 »

no big loss really
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:51:45 »

Really arnold? Our defence is slow without him
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:52:49 »

IMO its obvious some of the squad dont get on,,,,Paynter and Ifill were at it last week and Ifill and Aljofree defo dont hit it off,Ifil is a good player but he seems to make one bad mistake every couple of games...and there usually very costly,i dont believe a higher level club would buy him....i like the beast and really hope he turns things around.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:56:05 »

Thing is wise and sturrock got consistency out of him, it can be achieved. As for not getting on i find it impossible for someone not to like ifil possibly the quietest and nicest bloke you could meet.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 20:59:18 »

ifil despite his flaws is a good defender for league 1.malpas is doing a king and ruining the bloke.last week he saw more of the ball than anyone and that is a recipe for disaster.sturrock addressed the problems qwith ifil and got the best out of him.malpas has done the opposite.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 21:01:14 »

I'm always surprised given Jerel's physique, that he gets bullied and intimidated so often by
opposition strikers.You'd expect things to be the other way around!

I guess that this comes from his personality and that he's an easy going, laid back type of guy.
Wise and Sturrock sussed his strengths and weaknesses very quickly and handled the right way
by management,he can be an asset.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 21:04:20 »

i've not seen him bullied.he's just useless with the ball.his strengths are obvious,win it and give it.
one on one defending he is superb.dont think there are many better in league 1.the fact he is terrible with the ball means he will never cut it higher than league 1 though
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 21:09:04 »

Hope not.

Hes the only defender at the club I would keep given the choice.
  I agree, we could easily lose all of the rest, but i'd keep Jerel.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 21:13:56 »

One of the "arts" of professional sport is that you impose yourself mentally and physically upon
your opponent.If Jerel could learn this,it would improve his game.As i said it's not in the makeup
of his personality,as he's a relaxed, laid back type of guy.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 21:15:42 »

Jerel is extremely limited but I'd keep him. I like the guy and I've got used to his 2 or 3 absolute bollox games a season. Its got to be said no one can quite hit the depths he can but he bounces back and plays some great games. He's fast and if used correctly is a very good player. If he's given a specific job he's great. We shouldn't forget that it was him and Vincent that got us over the finishing line in Div 4. As a man marker he's shit hot.
I must admit I've not seen him bullied very often.
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 21:16:27 »

Hes a class act off the field. A true gent, and a loyal servant. Now the longest serving player.

Id be gutted if he left because of Malpas to be honest. Malpas wont even see out a season. Ifil's been here since 2004.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 21:23:35 »

Very loyal, been through some shit got his head down and got on with it. Even signed a new contract during the dark days.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: