Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: **Swindon v Huddersfield Matchday Thread**  (Read 33754 times)
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 22:14:30 »

or arriba's nans dead talking pig.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 22:34:45 »

Gazza you just let yourself down!  Jewell was there watching his own player Dickinson and Holloway was there in the town end judging a local cider and pastie competition.

oooh aaaaar!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 23:26:36 »

You started it.  Roll Eyes

What sort of proof do you require?

What's 'a correct source'?

Sorry mate. I am really pissed off at the moment.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 23:30:41 »

Just got in and decided to log on and read todays rants and or raves.
I cannot believe for the life of me that there are people on here defending the manager and the shit that we have been dished up today.
Are you fucking blind???
Facts:
Leeds: Good team made to look worldclass.
Colchester: Mediocre team made to look good.
Millwall: Please see above
Hudds: Poor side made to look good.
PS - Hereford away - Shit team who we will be sharing a league position with soon.
Today was shit, shit , shit and i am sad to say boys and girls that most people stood around me in the Town End were half expecting it.....and i reckon half the ground....even our confidence has gone.
If somebody else doesnt come in soon then we are royally fucked and back to playing that shit in divvy 2 again...........enough is enough.
Sorry Maurice, thanks but no thanks. No personal attacks, i dont think you are a wanker or a cxxt and the fact that you are scottish doesnt bother me at all....you are just not the man for the job and if you need proof look at the whole of this season so far.
No more chances............its over. Suicide
NB - The 'Are you watching Holloway?' chant was a piss take of a chap in the Townend who was telling everyone about chatting to him before kickoff......

Clems Army!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 23:33:17 »

on a lighter note, I didnt notice the ref today, so he obviously had a good game.......

god I'm depressed...
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 23:41:34 »

Did anyone else see Ifil and Paynter having a massive barney at each other towards the end of the first half?

Not sure if either could take the moral high ground in that debate.

England won though! We'll win the next one 6-1 yes?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 23:47:01 »

probably and the Town will lose their next home game 4 nil if that logic continues.... Cheesy
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 23:57:29 »

I thought I should at least log in having been able to go and say yes, the ref was pretty good actually.

I don't know about that tedious cliche of whether Malpas has lost the dressing room - I saw nothing wrong with the players effort at one-nil down and but the second (especially the timing) just screwed with their heads more than anything else.

It was fairly obvious that there is something structurally wrong with the side but I couldn't really say what from sitting in the Town End. However, as I was driving back Alan McLoughln did a superbly concise butchering of the tactics in about two minutes that was just the best listen in some ways and pretty alarming in others.

While we all also know that the post match interview with the manager is also a bit of a dance around in that the manager can't criticise individual players openly etc it was pretty lame of Malpas to offer nothing more than cutting out individual errors and working harder as ways to improve.

It's just so frustrating as when I go to home games (not often as I am usually working on Saturdays) the feel around the place in terms of the look of the ground, the whole sense of professionalism round the place, the way the club seems to be run is just SOOO much better than a year ago. I so want the manager the new board put in place to work and I won't call for his head during games.

But when he goes (and surely it is when now) it will be met with sorrowful relief here.

I don't think even the appointment of a tap dancing manatee as defensive coach would convince me he has any sort of future.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 23:58:49 »

I cannot believe for the life of me that there are people on here defending the manager and the shit that we have been dished up today.
I don't think there is, is there? Genuine question. I haven't read thru all the threads as it'd be the equivalent of playing the combined output of Leonard Cohen, Morrissey and Joy Division back to back, but from what I have seen I don't think anyone has attempted to defend the manager or described the game/performance today as anything other than complete shit.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 00:03:48 »

See Paul, I don't know that it was complete shit. Defence was not good at all, and as others have no doubt said certain players went missing in the first half. I will give Huddersfield their first goal, but up until the second it was all Swindon and if the penalty goes in it is a different game. The third goal was a bit of a strike and not much you can do about it.

I don't think they are any better than us but they have won 3-1 and we can't complain about that. You can take a defeat like that as a bad day every once in a while but on the back of other defeats and other poor performances it is just a bit too much to take now. When are the good days going to come?
sonic youth

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 00:32:42 »

i've defended malpas in the past and although i didn't go today, it was all horribly inveitable. i knew it before kick-off, i knew it when i woke up this morning.

it was ten games into the season we sacked king in 2005 who had amassed a total of 7 points...we're slightly better off right now and i think the time is right. it'd just be delaying the inveitable.

on the plus side, we've got some decent players if we can find someone capable of getting the team to gel as a unit, particularly a defensive unit.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 00:37:26 »

I'd agree with that. The squad we've got now is so much better than in 05/06, which makes the underacheivment even worse

Things get better but they never get good
Spencer_White

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 07:43:29 »

Well done ref, as has been said before, didnt see him make a bad decision.

Just cant believe that this is how its all turned out. Im utterly speachless.

Just makes me laugh now, what a carry on. All them chavy teenagers in the Town End were right, and super millionaire businessman Andrew Fitton was wrong. Funny old world.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 10:15:17 »

Well, I hope that you all backed a 1-3 defeat as I stated you all should in another thread, third home game I have been to and the third 1-3 scoreline!

My thoughts on the game, clearly our confidence is at rock bottom at the moment, our defence seemed to shit themselves every time Huddersfield attacked! They scored from a set piece where we were daydreaming, took a short corner, 1-0. We then had a few corners but you just knew that we are never going to score from a corner, although we had 2 or 3 dangerous corners in a row and then decided to take a short corner and fuck up royally to lose momentum. Cox's penalty wasn't great, but it was hit quite hard and you have to credit the keeper for the save. From that, a long punt up the pitch, our defence are clearly expecting Cox to score his pen and fall asleep and the boy finishes well.

Second half I think we looked much more dangerous when McNamee came on. Someone on here earlier in the thread said he was shite, he was on for 25 minutes and created most of our chances and gave us a bit or width. I personally think we tried to play through the middle more and our midfield were hopeless and left us badly exposed and Huddersfield could have added more.

Clearly at 0-3 we were bound to create some chances and Corr and Peacock should have scored to at least give us a squeak of a chance.

In summary - Something isn't right, our defence is hopeless, Ifil really frustrates me, one minute he looks like a clown, the next he is coolly turning a striker with some class defending. Our midfield doesn't work at the moment, playing effectively 4 defensive midfielders at home is pretty feeble.

A few people around me started cheering and clapping when Huddersfield scored their third which was pathetic, people are entitled to their opinions but jesus wept these people probably sing 'Swindon till I die' as well. Also, the atmosphere at the County Ground is so crap, we have no songs for Cox or Mcnamee but we have a song for a striker who hasn't played since about 1983, surely we could adopt the Sammy Parkin song for Coxy, this guy gives 100% every game and we give him no recognition. He is probably buggering off in January but lets give the guy some credit.

I spend a fortune to travel to Swindon matches, at the moment I still enjoy the buzz of the saturday afternoon, but I am not going to the Oldham game now so we are bound to win! Next game is Huddersfield away, lets hope something has changed by then.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
glos_robin

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 12:38:57 »

Did anyone else see Ifil and Paynter having a massive barney at each other towards the end of the first half?

I saw it, I think Paynter was being a bit of a prick tbh he started having a go at Ifil for something and ended up whacking Ifil in the stomach.....Ifil obviously reacted a bit and Nalis had to seperate them. Obviously team spirit is really high would almost suggest a split dressing room which is the worst thing that could happen.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: