Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: next swindon manager  (Read 33814 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:38:46 »

Hmm ex-swindon player....assitant manager at his home town club though.

had one management job and lasted just over a year with one cup win and one relegation....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:39:05 »

It's the gutless way we lose reg not because we lose.

Back in 88/89, playing in the 2nd tier, we had a poor trot, losing 3 in a row, around Nov.

Lou Macari went missing, for games v Walsall and Shrewsbury, both of whom were hopelessly detached at the bottom of the league....leaving Chic Bates in charge.

Macari got stick for his absence...because the football was poor...roughly 2500 voted straight away with their feet...we were playing to gates of 5K.

We scrapped a couple of 1-0 wins...but by the time we played Oldham...and only drew 2-2 a lot wanted Macari out.

We ended up in the PO's and Lou left at seasons end.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:47:01 »

I'd love to see Scott Leitch as manager
How random Eek
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:47:48 »

lawrie sanchez
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:52:40 »

Good night dv
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 21:54:42 »

Christian Roberts for me!

/
W56196272
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:00:52 »

Back in 88/89, playing in the 2nd tier, we had a poor trot, losing 3 in a row, around Nov.

Lou Macari went missing, for games v Walsall and Shrewsbury, both of whom were hopelessly detached at the bottom of the league....leaving Chic Bates in charge.

Macari got stick for his absence...because the football was poor...roughly 2500 voted straight away with their feet...we were playing to gates of 5K.

We scrapped a couple of 1-0 wins...but by the time we played Oldham...and only drew 2-2 a lot wanted Macari out.

But did we give sloppy goals away,did we have a captain that blamed others around him rather than try to coax them and give them confidence.I know that's not mm's fault,but he's the one who chose Aljofree as captain.Macari did't alienate other player's for mistake's,he may of dropped them for being lazy or being in the pubs,I can't remember him dropping players to often,maybe digby for hammond a few times,but they was never really dropped for mistakes,Loss of form maybe.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:02:30 by Russ STFC » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:01:28 »

Good night dv

he did well at Wycombe and for Northern Island!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:12:48 »

Poor fishing attempt DV, must do better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:14:08 »

But did we give sloppy goals away,did we have a captain that blamed others around him rather than try to coax them and give them confidence.I know that's not mm's fault,but he's the one who chose Aljofree as captain.Macari did't alienate other player's for mistake's,he may of dropped them for being lazy or being in the pubs,I can't remember him dropping players to often,maybe digby for hammond a few times,but they was never really dropped for mistakes,Loss of form maybe.

Not that it's relevant to the basic point that if you lose a few games, it doesn't matter who you are some fans will get on your case.

A couple of seasons previously  we had a horror show v Blackpool, and 3 players Kenny Allen, David Cole and Martin Ling, never played for Macari again. Lingy of course came back.

Macari was always falling out with players...it happens all the time at clubs.

The great advantage Lou had was that he could get in others....by creative accountancy.

MM is stuck with what we've got, a paper thin squad.
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:22:39 »

Not that it's relevant to the basic point that if you lose a few games, it doesn't matter who you are some fans will get on your case.

A couple of seasons previously  we had a horror show v Blackpool, and 3 players Kenny Allen, David Cole and Martin Ling, never played for Macari again. Lingy of course came back.

Macari was always falling out with players...it happens all the time at clubs.

The great advantage Lou had was that he could get in others....by creative accountancy.

MM is stuck with what we've got, a paper thin squad.

The worrying thing is he couldt attract players here either,yet cheltenham could which i find odd indeed.Malpas stated he wanted murray we didt get him cheltenham come along a long time after we went for him,next min he's joined them on loan.

Paper thin squad that dont seem to want  to play for him at that,we should have a stronger squad than last season,at a moment we resemble a pub team.

jeez you got some memory so im not going to argue the ling,Allen,cole bit because i cant remember.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:25:25 »

maybe Murray thought he might get a game for Bristol City when we went in for him.....now 8 games into the season and havent not played hes after some first team football....

....or it could be Malpas' fault.
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:29:53 »

maybe Murray thought he might get a game for Bristol City when we went in for him.....now 8 games into the season and havent not played hes after some first team football....

....or it could be Malpas' fault.

Point taken,Murray was just an example,why haven't we gone in for a loan defender,he knows vincent is out for a good while.

I hate to think if we get an injury to another defender. 
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:31:38 by Russ STFC » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:31:33 »

i remember that season and lou not being there.i was a ball boy then.
where was lou?the rumours were he was at the races but in hindsight that seems unlikely
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 22:33:35 »

i remember that season and lou not being there.i was a ball boy then.
where was lou?the rumours were he was at the races but in hindsight that seems unlikely

Was this the fall out he had with Harry Gregg ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: