Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ricky Gervais - Fame  (Read 1320 times)
Rossi

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 10:23:44 »

Went to see this at the Portsmouth Guildhall last night.  It was amazing.  I don't know if anyone has heard of Robin Ince? He was on the extras of one of his other standup DVD's and usually supports Gervais on his tours. He did a 40 minute standup beforehand.  Unfortunately his act was exactly the same as when I went to see him at Herts uni.  He was ok, but nothing special.  The entire Gervais act had everyone in stitches, the bloke is an absolute legend.  If anyone can get tickets still for his tour I strongly advise it.  He is without a doubt one of the best comedians in the world

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 10:44:15 »

I'm seeing him in bournemouth on friday  Beers

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 11:29:03 »

I'm seeing him tonight in Bristol.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 08:47:26 »

Disappointing....  :x

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
my-velocity

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 09:02:05 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
Disappointing....  :x

I heard that Will Smith was good though....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 09:25:02 »

He was better than Ricky himself.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:30:11 »

I'd agree with Sippo.

It was humourous all the way through... But totally forgettable.

The support is a trained professional stand-up comedian and was much better... I think too many people forget that Gervais is not a Stand-Up performer.

Either way - one man show with loads of dates at £25 a ticket... LOADSA MONEY!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:57:17 »

Will Smith was a decent warm-up at the Cardiff date. Thought Gervais was funny but not amazing - good to say I've seen him though.

a "trained professional stand-up comedian"!? they just get up and tell jokes, don't they
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:59:25 »

I saw him in Cardiff - agree with Rich Pullen, I had low expectations as he is a writer not a pure stand-up, I was entertained in the same way as a night at the glee club  or Jongleurs entertains, but not as much as some people enjoyed it.  Compared to soemone like Bill Bailey he was enteratining but average IMHO.  Overpriced for the amount of laughs.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:59:32 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
a "trained professional stand-up comedian"!? they just get up and tell jokes, don't they

You know what I mean. Gervais hasn't done it over-and-over-and-over again... He hasn't mastered it. Animals and Politics were not big tours. Smith has done that set in countless comedy clubs, student unions and so forth.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 11:04:20 »

At least the beer was good but waiting in a queue to have a piss is definately wrong!!  :nono:

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 19:05:53 »

This was on channel 4 last nite and reminded me how bad it actually was!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: