Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4-1 TO THE ENGLAND!  (Read 8593 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:01:06 »

I would think so. I like him but you've got to ask whether he'll be any use to us in 2010 playing this bit part role.

I am a huge fan of Becks but even I now think that is the end. Effectively barring injury you have Bentley and Walcott ahead of him. I must admit part of me wanted to see some brilliant from Becks maybe another free kick goal turning back the clock as he walked off the pitch..... Sad
flammableBen

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:02:08 »

Crying Crying

I think it's to say thay you've managed to call my lazy bluff quite successfully.
flammableBen

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:09:44 »

I am a huge fan of Becks but even I now think that is the end. Effectively barring injury you have Bentley and Walcott ahead of him. I must admit part of me wanted to see some brilliant from Becks maybe another free kick goal turning back the clock as he walked off the pitch..... Sad

I do understand why people like becks. In the past he's been one of the players who's pulled out the effort whilst others around him have given up through laziness. The problem I have now is that I really see him taking the American money retirement option as symbolising the lack of hunger endemic we've been struggling with amongst a lot of the current crop of players.

Even if he's still playing well I think you've got to go with the hungry younger players who are still trying to prove themselves by playing at a higher level of football, otherwise it shows a pretty bad example. An example we can't afford to set if there's any desire to inject a bit of hunger into players fighting for a place in the squad.

I suppose today's match probably highlighted it a bit, but I think it's been the case anyway.

Sorry hope that doesn't derail to much.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:15:20 »

My effort..."A Walc-ott in the park"

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:20:54 »

Very good swindonbob.

Swindon residents will of course know that Walcott is part of the Parks.

It works on several levels.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:41:50 »

That was amazing. and somehow i won a t-shirt stating 'We bottled it' in england colours in a pub quiz that i didn't even partcipate in. I'm wearing it on Saturday for sure. Great stuff and hopefully more like the England (yes Janaage, Capital E) to come.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:54:12 »

No its not michael its walcot and parks... Setanta highlights are shit and barwick looks like bagpuss
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:54:59 »

I saw the fat twat jumping after we went 1-0 up. comedy in action.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 22:58:24 »

Blokes a twat,that was the owner of setanta he was celebrating with aswell.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 23:39:36 »

Meh, it was a good performance dont get me wrong but every now and again England do pull something like that out of their arses.

Like beating Germany 5-1 in their own back yard was fucking brilliant, but we did fuck all off the back of it apart from print some t-shirts!!

Infact for the most part England are like Swindon, turn it on against the bigger better nations and phone it in against the shit ones.

Also, be interesting to see how many times big Emile Heskey has actually been on the losing side for England. Cant be more than a handful of times I wouldnt have thought.

Good performance and result but worthless unless we keep up that level of performance.

I agree with herthabs point though. You know the media around here. Theo Walcott will be touted as the best English young talent since forever, he'll be christened the English Ronaldo and be linked with a 100million move to Real Madrid (...or Manchester City) in the papers tomorrow.

Last of all I think tonight proved that Gerrard is indeed the most hyped player in the world today.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 23:45:45 »

I feel a bit dirty for thinking it, but Wes Brown had a really good game. I think Rooney played well also and obviously Walcott managed to sort himself out after a crap start and stayed cool in front of goal.

The real plus was that we worked as a team, which has been lacking. I think a few players stepped up to try and make something happen, rather than waiting for someone else to do it instead. I hope it continues.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 06:49:55 »

Luxembourg won away at Switzerland 2-1!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 07:36:49 »

Luxembourg won away at Switzerland 2-1!!

Yep, not many smiles around me in the office this morning.  Crying
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 08:31:49 »

I think tonight proved that Gerrard is indeed the most hyped player in the world today.

Fully agree on that point.

No Gerrard...No Owen...No Beckham...Who needs them ?!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 08:36:30 »

Fully agree on that point.

No Gerrard...No Owen...No Beckham...Who needs them ?!

Liverpool, Newcastle and LA Galaxy... obviously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: