Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ALDERSHOT BOOZERS!  (Read 7085 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 14:56:44 »

Have a drink in Farnborough, plenty of nice pubs and only a couple of miles further to Aldershot.

I'll second that (but then I would, because I live there.)  The Prince of Wales, which is just down from Farnborough North station and also within walking distance of Farnborough Main is a gem of a pub...but you would need a cab to the ground from there.  The Thatched Cottage is also worth a visit.

And on the other side of Aldershot, but still only a few miles away, you have Farnham which has a number of great places to go.  Top of the pile is probably the William Cobbett.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 15:21:22 »

I'll second that (but then I would, because I live there.)  The Prince of Wales, which is just down from Farnborough North station and also within walking distance of Farnborough Main is a gem of a pub...but you would need a cab to the ground from there.  The Thatched Cottage is also worth a visit.

And on the other side of Aldershot, but still only a few miles away, you have Farnham which has a number of great places to go.  Top of the pile is probably the William Cobbett.

Ooh Cobbett....bit of a hero of mine.

I've done a few walks and bike rides, locally where I've tried to retrace Cobbett's routes in his Rural Rides, and see how things relate now to what he saw in the early 19th Century.  Cobbett liked Swindon describing it as in "the real fat of the land"....he was also impressed by the canal.  He descrobed Calne as a villainous hole and disliked Bassett with a passion.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 15:22:35 »

He descrobed Calne as a villainous hole

Some things never change

Things get better but they never get good
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 15:56:51 »

ha ha! that reminds me of when I was talking to Andrew Fitton and he called Calne "a terrible deprived area full of inbreds!" before he realised thats where Im from!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 15:57:42 »

he's not wrong though.

Aaprt from the huge houses around the back of Holy Trinity school....
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 16:05:07 »

thats where my best friends mum and dad live! Wessington Park
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 19:34:57 »

Where's the Sandrock?  Is that Farnborough...or maybe Farnham...I was very, very drunk.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 23:19:50 »

La Fontaine was fine, and they had San Miguel.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 15:17:02 »

W

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 15:17:43 »

When did he visit? last week?Huh?Huh??

Clems Army!