Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coxy wants to put himself in the shop window..  (Read 17025 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 11:48:49 »

I'm a tourist.  I made this site originally to discuss the back catalogue of Pop pervert and man of the hour Gary Glitter and all of you fucking weirdos turned up.

None of you has still told me what the fuck a Swindon is.

JPC82

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 11:50:08 »

to be honest i cant see any of our players are proud to be playing for Swindon Town, they are all big headed cunts who would leave at the sniff of a few more £s at another club.
Its the same at any club at our level
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 11:52:58 »

Honestly does anyone think Cox was going to come out and say "you know what I'm happy at Swindon, I never want to leave, Other clubs can offer me all the money I want but I will tell them to do one, I want to break Trollope's record at Swindon, i am here for life and when I die I want my ashes spread across the County Ground pitch, forget money and playing at the highest level, Only the greedy and unloyal go there." erm no... wasn't going to happen was it?
flammableBen

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 11:55:09 »

I go to fuck all games, yet my opinion manages to be better than nearly everybody's.

I fucking win.
JPC82

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 11:56:09 »

it summed up football today when one of your players who only signed a pro contract last season said to me 'i want to get in the 1st team play afew games and then move to a better team on money like tozer' they dont give a fuck about playing football anymore
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 11:57:14 »

to be honest i cant see any of our players are proud to be playing for Swindon Town, they are all big headed cunts who would leave at the sniff of a few more £s at another club.
Its the same at any club at our level

You know what I kind of agree with this sentiment.  I think that's why I hate this Peacock love fest, "he's a legend.... he loves the club....." bollocks, he'd be off like a shot if he was good enough to attract any attention from a "bigger" club.  

The only player I admire for loyalty out of the current lot would be Jerel, as he has been here for a few years.  I give the benefit of the doubt to some of the youth team coming through, as it wouldn't be fair to have a go at them, but the likes of Roberts, Peacock, Aljofree etc banging on in the paper about what the fans should do and think pisses me off.
Barry Scott

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:07:27 »

Is it just me or is this thread seems populated almost entirely by overreaction?

With this amount of fevered debate, you can have the horrible situation of building up hatred or dislike where none is actually needed, simply because everyone is stoking each others fires.

I can see nothing wrong with anything Cox has said and actually consider it perfectly normal. I actually consider it a bit far fetched to expect a player (who will play at another level one day) to not say these things because he's got a club and should be happy.

My opinion of Cox is unchanged and this is nothing less than i would expect of any half decent footballer.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:10:54 »

Why say it?  I've never been keen on him as he's a Reading scummer, plus he has an attitude that will ultimately see him falling out with managers and teammates...  Hoepfully if he does fuckoff we can get megabucks and get Super Sammy back...  Hey I can dream!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:11:20 »

Honestly does anyone think Cox was going to come out and say "you know what I'm happy at Swindon, I never want to leave, Other clubs can offer me all the money I want but I will tell them to do one, I want to break Trollope's record at Swindon, i am here for life and when I die I want my ashes spread across the County Ground pitch, forget money and playing at the highest level, Only the greedy and unloyal go there." erm no... wasn't going to happen was it?

No, but perhaps one could decline an interview or a question. Or perhaps think of a better response. I'd like to get STFC in the Championship and play for them there. Rather than talking about expecting scouts to come in for you.

FWIW I'm not really pissed off about this, but such comments run the risk of alienating the fans, the hardcores stick with the team through thick and thin and don't jump ship. Cox stating he expects to leave is like stating you are going to watch Reading when it looks like Swindon are bound to go down (sorry Yeovil  Wink)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:12:02 »

Over reaction?  F*ck off Barry you flippin knob jockey, this "thread" as you call it isn't full of over reaction it's full of ucking passion, which you, my friend, seem to be seriously ucking lacking in.  Get behind the team you passionless mutha ucka!!!  I've had enough of tree huggers like you coming on here and putting everyone down.  AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps I like you avatar.
Lumps

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:19:45 »

No, but perhaps one could decline an interview or a question. Or perhaps think of a better response. I'd like to get STFC in the Championship and play for them there. Rather than talking about expecting scouts to come in for you.

FWIW I'm not really pissed off about this, but such comments run the risk of alienating the fans, the hardcores stick with the team through thick and thin and don't jump ship. Cox stating he expects to leave is like stating you are going to watch Reading when it looks like Swindon are bound to go down (sorry Yeovil  Wink)

That's a stupid comparison.

You're still expecting a player, a paid employee, to show the same level of loyalty to the club as you, a fan.

You're mad.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:21:16 »

I suppose it's fair to say Lumps over reacted a bit...

Sorry for having a relationship and a life, I know that marks me out as a bit "odd" in the fraternity that is the TEF.

Dazzza

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:21:57 »

Is it just me or is this thread seems populated almost entirely by overreaction?

With this amount of fevered debate, you can have the horrible situation of building up hatred or dislike where none is actually needed, simply because everyone is stoking each others fires.

I can see nothing wrong with anything Cox has said and actually consider it perfectly normal. I actually consider it a bit far fetched to expect a player (who will play at another level one day) to not say these things because he's got a club and should be happy.

My opinion of Cox is unchanged and this is nothing less than i would expect of any half decent footballer.

I agree Bazster

Do you wanna be in my Gang?

[url width=300 height=506]http://www.fwditon.com/attachments/2007/8/20/118759556850_gary_glitter.jpg[/url]

I put the gang in bang.

Lumps

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:25:58 »

I suppose it's fair to say Lumps over reacted a bit...

Hey, I thought that was the most reasoned and measured part of the whole post. It's not my fault the forum is largely populated by sad singletons and divorcees.

JPC82

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:29:08 »

i not single
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: