Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Betsy agrees City pay-off  (Read 7576 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 16:04:41 »

He's only going to be back up anyway and then Roberts will be fit again. On a 12 month deal it's worth a gamble.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 16:07:19 »

Wouldn't be against it in the slightest on a 12 month. I have only see him play once.

Roberts, will he ever play for us again. I really hope so but I have my doubts. Anyone heard anything on the rehabilitation.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 16:29:14 »

still sober batch
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 16:36:14 »

I've been told Betsy is in talks with Yeovil tonight, again like the other post could be bollocks.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 16:46:04 »

He just wants the best cash deal dont he, cant blame him can you
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 17:08:43 »

I'd prefer to get Betsy in the team rather than Marshall.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 17:10:50 »

Really Si? Betsy will just sit on the bench taking a big wage where as Marshall could do the same for cheaper
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 17:24:14 »

My point was, if JPM is injured (or Malpas finally realises he isn't very good), then can Marshall step up to the challenge? It's quite risky. If Marshall turns out a bit poo then you'd have to get Easton on the right, who can do a job there but is not an out and out winger by any stretch of the imagination. Betsy would be a safer option and I think in terms of squad strength that would be better. He's a proven player, not saying he'll be amazing but solid.

Of course I could be talking complete bollocks if JPM continues to improve in the way he has in pre-season. He seems to have worked on his weaknesses a but more, although his corners are still shit. Or if he doesn't get injured. A lot of people are talking about a lack of strike power and getting Barry Corr fit. In truth, I can see just as much problem (or bigger problems) if the wingers get crocked.

Marshall is the sort of player I'd like to get in as an additional option to develop as a player, not rely upon. I just can't help but feel he isn't as (potentially?) good as some people are making out, otherwise Malpas would have signed him by now.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 17:26:20 »

Yeah i can see your point Si my only worry is the cash side of things
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 17:26:33 »

Part of the advantage of Betsy has to be that he a big lad and with Manatee crossing from the left flank there surely has to be plenty of chances for Betsy to get in at the back post. Esp in Painter keeps missing them... After all JPM missed plenty of easy enough chances last year.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 17:30:16 »

I have a sneaky feeling we could miss out on Betsy, I've no beef with the guy looking around for the best deal for him but I doubt Starnes at Yeovil will offer better terms. I hope not anyway.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 18:25:15 »

I have a sneaky feeling we could miss out on Betsy, I've no beef with the guy looking around for the best deal for him but I doubt Starnes at Yeovil will offer better terms. I hope not anyway.

Thinking long term... I am guessing that Betsy would come in as one of the higher earners at the club, as would JPM, as would Christian Roberts. And only one of them could play meaning around £3k of weekly wage is sat on the bench or not even in the squad.

I think this position could be filled in with a loan signing.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 18:46:59 »

Betsy would be a good signing....cant see why we cant get Marshall as well...surely his wage wouldnt put us in the mire,we need all the players we can get....Marshall should be here now before someone else gets him and he does the buisness.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 19:21:38 »

He's signed for Southend.

Oh well. His loss.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 19:23:47 »

He's signed for Southend.

Oh well. His loss.

and as I said in the other post - Southend fans will be smug.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: