Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Casal  (Read 10643 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 13:07:55 »

pehaps the plan is to scare people into thinking we are arsenal. We do have too much white on our shirts after all.

Get Timlin on the sunbeds, grease his hair and grow some stubble and I reckon he could look like Fabregas. 

Get Barry blacked up and he'll be a spitting image of Adebayor
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 16:49:44 »

you disgust me
Rich Pullen

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 16:56:47 »

pehaps the plan is to scare people into thinking we are arsenal. We do have too much white on our shirts after all.

Get Timlin on the sunbeds, grease his hair and grow some stubble and I reckon he could look like Fabregas. 

Get Barry blacked up and he'll be a spitting image of Adebayor

I made a vow to myself that everytime a TEF member mentions anything involving getting "blacked up" I'd post a Youtube clip of the Black & White Minstrel Show. Mainly because it freaked me out a little when I saw those old timers do their thing.

But to be honest such phrases occur far too often... oh, and it's not as funny.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 16:58:52 by Rich Pullen » Logged
trogladite

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:00:31 »

Ah the Black and White Minstral Show.  Top qaulity entertainment.  Brillant harmonies and nifty foot work.
It was the first programme to be broadcast in colour in Britain.
Whan a black man auditioned he was rejected as not good enough.  Was it a case of, qaulity control, or the, no blacks, no Oirish and no dogs syndrome?
It returned audience figures that would have todays most popular drooling with envy.
flammableBen

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:19:09 »

Ah the Black and White Minstral Show.  Top qaulity entertainment.  Brillant harmonies and nifty foot work.
It was the first programme to be broadcast in colour in Britain.
Whan a black man auditioned he was rejected as not good enough.  Was it a case of, qaulity control, or the, no blacks, no Oirish and no dogs syndrome?
It returned audience figures that would have todays most popular drooling with envy.

One of the first I think. Wimbledon was the first on BBC Two according to here..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/3/newsid_2514000/2514719.stm

Quote from: BBC
BBC2 broadcast its first colour pictures from Wimbledon in 1967. By mid 1968, nearly every BBC2 programme was in colour. Six months later, colour came to BBC1.

By 1969, BBC1 and ITV were regularly broadcasting in colour.

Would have been a nice little bit of trivia if it was true, but these myths shouldn't be alowed to spread.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:39:27 by flammableBen » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:38:43 »

Colour TV was well exciting....we had one of the first colour sets, it was about the size of a sideboard. 

We used to get it down a cable from Radio Rentals up by Greenbridge....it was sexy cutting edge new technology.....sort of thing you expected in Swindon.

ITV didn't however show 69 in colour, but we wore white shirts anyway.

The major breakthrough was the 70 WC....seeing Brazilian yellow, the whole damn thing..swoon.
flammableBen

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:40:58 »

Makes all this HD stuff seem pretty underwhelming.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:43:14 »

all i remember about our tv was it was fucking huge and our dog bruce used to stand in front of it. i try to train him to change channels but he would bite me.
Dazzza

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:44:24 »

Do you think we'll see 3D TV (without the cool specs) in the next 15 years?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:44:24 »

Makes all this HD stuff seem pretty underwhelming.

Think you'd have to jump to 3D TV, to get a similar degree of change for the better in one go.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 18:51:29 »

Do you think we'll see 3D TV (without the cool specs) in the next 15 years?

Must be 30 years ago now, I went to an exhibition in London on holography and laser technology....it was very popular and had to queue for hours to get in.

The most clever thing was a hologram of an old style telephone, that you could put your hand in thinking you could lift the hand set.  This was about the biggest hologram that could be created at the time.

I did think that one day we should be able to get 3D TV, but clearly it's not happened, don't know why, becasue I'm sure a deal of research has gone into it.
Dazzza

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 19:01:25 »

I think it's the processing power that's required to create a full moving image that's held it back but they can't be far off being able to re-create that sort of technology.

Reminds me of virtual reality, which has died off mainstream in recent years after the big hoo haa in the late 90's.

Stolen from Wikipedia so no idea of accuracy:

On April 7, 2005, Sony went public with the information that they had filed for and received a patent for the idea of the non-invasive beaming of different frequencies and patterns of ultrasonic waves directly into the brain to recreate all five senses.[5] There has been research to show that this is possible[citation needed]. Sony has not conducted any tests as of yet and says that it is still only an idea.

All your filth needs catered for by the sounds of it!   Smiley

flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 19:09:59 »

I think it's the processing power that's required to create a full moving image that's held it back but they can't be far off being able to re-create that sort of technology.

I guess it isn't something which there's a big need for. I mean would a film or telly programme in 3d actually improve it at all? Depending on how it worked you'd create problems on the viewer side of things; people seeing it at different angles, sets getting in the way etc. The recording end would be a nightmare too, presuming you'd have to record a scene from the same amount of angles that it could be viewed from. Although I image there were people who said the same thing about the jump from making radio to telly.

Might have it's place in interactive stuff. And maybe demonstrations and advertising.
Dazzza

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 19:18:26 »

I agree Ben although it would be a pervert’s paradise if they had to film at every conceivable angle. 

You could watch the likes of Hollyoaks on your back hoping for a glimpse.

Potentially perhaps a bastardised version is the way ahead where the image is projected off an arched screen and the real ‘3D’ stuff is saved for the dramatic bits projecting out from the screen.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 19:24:32 »

I agree Ben although it would be a pervert’s paradise if they had to film at every conceivable angle. 

You could watch the likes of Hollyoaks on your back hoping for a glimpse.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: