Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4th Test Thread (previously Squad for 4th Test)  (Read 15191 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 15:21:40 »

"Was it a poor shot, or just good bowling" as Boeta says.  It was shi batting if you ask me, but I ain't no cricketeer!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 15:24:51 »

50 up for Collingwood now... Good lad.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 15:26:24 »

Flintoff gone for 9.

and Ambrose goes too, for 4.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 8, 2008, 15:40:55 by Rich Pullen » Logged
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 16:16:16 »

might take a 100 lead from this if colly can knock a few.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 16:16:43 »

crap, he just got out.
Lumps

« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 16:24:14 »

Can someone remind me why it was we dropped Geraint Jones again?

I know people used to bang on about the quality of his keeping, but none of the muppets that have come in to replace him have looked much better with the gloves, and some of the batting from them has been woeful.

The extremes in the argument are supposed to be Matt Prior at one end, great 1st class batting average but mediocre with the gloves on, and Chris Read at the other, supposedly the best keeper.

But actually Jones took more catches per test than any of the other recent keepers averaging over 3.7 a test, even better than Read at 3.2 and way better than the rest, and he's the only one who's first class batting average comes close to Prior's.

So can someone tell me what Ambrose is supposed to bloody offer. He's only just about taking a catch a test match at the moment, and I can't remember him ever stumping anyone, in fact he's never bloody likely to with his little arms and legs and the distance he stands behind the wicket.

Tiny Tim's gotta go hasn't he?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 16:32:56 »

Shame we've collapsed quite significantly - Keep going Harmison though.

His wicket will now follow shortly.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 16:52:03 »

Can someone remind me why it was we dropped Geraint Jones again?

I know people used to bang on about the quality of his keeping, but none of the muppets that have come in to replace him have looked much better with the gloves, and some of the batting from them has been woeful.

The extremes in the argument are supposed to be Matt Prior at one end, great 1st class batting average but mediocre with the gloves on, and Chris Read at the other, supposedly the best keeper.

But actually Jones took more catches per test than any of the other recent keepers averaging over 3.7 a test, even better than Read at 3.2 and way better than the rest, and he's the only one who's first class batting average comes close to Prior's.

So can someone tell me what Ambrose is supposed to bloody offer. He's only just about taking a catch a test match at the moment, and I can't remember him ever stumping anyone, in fact he's never bloody likely to with his little arms and legs and the distance he stands behind the wicket.

Tiny Tim's gotta go hasn't he?

Some good points there. Jone's form did slip a lot with the bat before he was dropped though. I still think Read should have been given much more of a chance. Jones got a good year or so straight in the team so he had a fair crack at the whip.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 16:53:19 »

Harmison 26 not out. Oh dear Saffies.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 17:02:57 »

He's going for a 50 isn't he? That's over 30 now and still not out. These could prove vital really.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 17:05:04 »

He's going for a 50 isn't he? That's over 30 now and still not out. These could prove vital really.

Definately. He's going for it in a way only a tail ender can - ugly but entertaining!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 17:19:56 »

Hehe, Jimmy and Harmy are taking the piss here Cheesy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 17:21:47 »

Boo, leg bye.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 17:22:37 »

Hehe, Jimmy and Harmy are taking the piss here Cheesy

Anderson gone. Boo
Rich Pullen

« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 8, 2008, 17:23:11 »

C'mon Panesar...... don't let Harmison down.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: