Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sean Dyche  (Read 1527 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 11:56:13 »

Dyche set for Vicarage Road exit:  

Watford club captain Sean Dyche has been told by manager Adrian Boothroyd that he can leave on a free transfer.
The 33-year-old former Bristol City, Chesterfield and Millwall defender has been with the Hornets for three years and has 12 months left on his contract.

But he said: "The manager has told me he wants to bring through some younger players and start building for the future, and I totally understand that.

"He won't be able to guarantee me first-team football next season."

Dyche has made 78 appearances for Watford but his last game was against the Lions on New Year's Day.

"Although I do have another year, I'm at liberty to look elsewhere. Watford won't ask a fee for me if I do have the chance to move on.

"I've really enjoyed my three seasons at the club, and it will be sad to leave, but I'm still feeling really fit and I still believe I have a lot to offer.

"So hopefully I might fit the bill for a manager looking for an experienced defender."

I'd take him, especially with Heywood looking to pack his bags.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 11:57:50 »

the only problem is his age though. is he slow? he would be good back up for ifil and o'hanlon though
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 11:58:36 »

He would do ok.  Just the sort of player we would probably sign
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 11:59:52 »

We will need a little extra experience back there, his pace wouldn't matter so much with Ifil and O'Hanlon along side him.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 12:03:20 »

true
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 12:03:54 »

Quote from: "Rich"
the only problem is his age though. is he slow? he would be good back up for ifil and o'hanlon though

Yes, I suppose he is relatively 'old' and I'm quite sure he's as slow as a cart horse.  This is Swindon Town though and we're not exactly in the market for Rio Ferdinand! (or at least not in the next 15 years we won't be)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 12:04:42 »

i wouldnt want rio ferdinand anyway hes shit! and disloyal to every club he plays for!
Asher

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 12:46:37 »

He is ginger, it will clash with our kit
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 14:13:12 »

i wouldnt want rio ferdinand anyway hes shit! and disloyal to every club he plays for!

Fucking hell  Rich sometimes I wonder what planet you're on.  Rio is hardly shit is he, let's be 100% honest on this one.  Let's not just say things for the sake of saying them.

Here's a question for you then.  If I won £200m on the US lottery and paid Rio a £20m to play for us next season you'd be disappointed would you?  Because he's shit.  You'd rather have O'Hanlon and Reeves play there instead?
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 14:37:10 »

o'hanlon is going to sheffield wednesday - maybe
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 18:55:25 »

THink there i a lot to be said for a decent team of Geri's.  Redknapp did a stirling job getting Portsmouth up with a good mixed bag of older heads dropping down the league.

Provided they have been playing regularly then definately worth a gamble.

That said Watford have a massive wage bill and are offloading a lot of the high earners.  I recently suggested Dyer from Watford who I later found out is rumoured to be on 8k a week!  May well be a similar situation.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 19:04:15 »

If we end up with Dyche it'll be a disaster of Andy Rollings or Nigel Gray proportions, that is big slow and useless.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 5, 2005, 20:52:37 »

Okay as a back up player but not sure what standard he would be at compared to Ifil and Seano.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: