Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Josh Low - Peterborough  (Read 4909 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 27, 2008, 08:25:56 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
a goalscoring midfielder ... I generally rate him
But then you rate Pook so that makes your opinion on anything football related to be total bollocks!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 27, 2008, 15:58:25 »

I Rate Pook as well...so the Bollox are coming outa my mouth!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 08:55:32 »

Malpas admits to wanting to bring Low in here - on a short term deal possibly. Still waiting on Ritchie and Wolves want more money for Mulgrew, but only a bit more.

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/PreMatchPress/0,,10341~1336507,00.html
Rich Pullen

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 18:51:51 »

After weeks of refusing to name names Malpas has, in one mighty swoop, named his major targets - all of which might not even join us.

Suprising.
lebowski

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 18:55:32 »

About Low:

"He would give us something different in the wide areas and he is a different type of player to what we have here already"

So we are signing him purely on the basis that he is 6ft 3 inches tall then yes?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 18:55:34 »

He did the same with Amankwaah, and it was done the next day, so here's hoping it's the same and not hot air!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 18:58:40 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
He did the same with Amankwaah, and it was done the next day, so here's hoping it's the same and not hot air!

That's the only conclusion that I could come up with - that we'll announce a triple swoop - but judging by the quotes, that hardly seems the case.
sonic youth

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 21:41:48 »

if i remember correctly he's a pretty tidy footballer. i was always impressed with him at northampton
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 22:15:39 »

He's been let go by Peterborough to trim the wage bill off a bit to finance one or two of their more hefty signings.  Given we have McGovern and are after Jones, I'd guess this is a just in case see what he can do type of signing.  Certainly not an immediate first choice, possibly more a type of player to use when the short pretty triangles aren't working, a little more direct get at em type.

Mulgrew is the key one for me, a bit of help on the left going forward which could really cause trouble for many a defence in this league when added to McNamee.  With a bit of pace on the right to fill the Minges boots, and a bit of competition for places we whould be ok.  A full season of Cox and McNamee, and Corr actually attending pre season training looks good to me.
flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 22:20:47 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
He's been let go by Peterborough to trim the wage bill off a bit to finance one or two of their more hefty signings.  Given we have McGovern and are after Jones, I'd guess this is a just in case see what he can do type of signing.  Certainly not an immediate first choice, possibly more a type of player to use when the short pretty triangles aren't working, a little more direct get at em type.

What's this? Building a squad which gives us tactical options? That be witchcraft.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 10:01:21 »

burn him! bbbbbuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrnnnnnnnn him!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:28:28 »

the fact that we are chasing peterborough rejects is a bit of a worry.
i just hope he is decent
flammableBen

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:40:00 »

He seems to be one who was decent a few seasons back, but who's career has headed off track a little. Don't see the problem with getting him on short terms to see if he can get it together.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:58:24 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i just hope he is decent

Peterborough are one of the richest clubs in this league, so getting their rejects is our place in life right now.   Tough to swallow, but true.  If they sell McLean then we can expect them to flash the cash even more.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 13:09:37 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "arriba"
i just hope he is decent

Peterborough are one of the richest clubs in this league, so getting their rejects is our place in life right now.   Tough to swallow, but true.  If they sell McLean then we can expect them to flash the cash even more.

dont they just have a mega rich chairman like us?
their financial position was much like ours when we were in the shit.and it seems much like ours now.their chairman seems to throw a alot more money at players though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: