Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: De-Ja Vu  (Read 2053 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 19:20:56 »

Just been reading that Ipswich have kicked out BBC Radio Suffolk in favour of a local commercial station.  Fans are up in arms because the new radio station only broadcasts locally!!  Thank God that AF and Co have made the correct decision!! Cool
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 17, 2008, 19:23:47 »

I sympathise but still happy it's no longer us!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 21:26:02 »

Agreed,,,a decent commentary may entice a few of the stayaways back.
STFC Village

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 23:14:53 »

Surely the opposite is true? Better commentary, so why go to the game?

Tongue
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 23:48:02 »

For a part time fan (young family, can't afford to go to more than 10 or so games). Listening to all the games kind of of makes you feel the calling of the c.g. if that makes any sense. the radio gives you a saturday afternoon experience that leaves you longing for the real thing. brunel on the other hand gives you the urge to go to B&Q and become a habitual saterday afternoon diy enthusiast (I know that is probably spelt wrong but hopefully you get the point)
flammableBen

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 23:55:37 »

Also, the BBC's all round non-match day coverage sparikies on the flimbambizz of Brunel. It never completely went away last season, but the all round combination package means people are more likely to listen in to see what's going down at the CG, drawing them in a little.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 09:29:02 »

Quote from: "justboiledover"
For a part time fan (young family, can't afford to go to more than 10 or so games). Listening to all the games kind of of makes you feel the calling of the c.g. if that makes any sense. the radio gives you a saturday afternoon experience that leaves you longing for the real thing. brunel on the other hand gives you the urge to go to B&Q and become a habitual saterday afternoon diy enthusiast (I know that is probably spelt wrong but hopefully you get the point)

Correct. When my kids were younger I couldn't afford the time, money or get time off work to go, but always listened in. For about 5/6 years I did not go to one game, but still felt I was a "supporter".
I then started taking my kids to games, & ended up going to virtually all home games for the last 14 years most as an ST holder.
I very much doubt I would have any interest now if it were not for local radio coverage.
In addition don't forget the old & infirm, who CAN't go any more. They shouldn't be just cast aside as Diamandis & chums did. I met a guy in the local pub about a year ago. forget his name but he was welsh & played for the town in the 50's.   Shouln't he be able to listen to the commentary ?

From the Dark Side
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 17:25:31 »

Exactly my point Phil....good coverage may get the juices flowing with the fans like yourself who stayed away.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 20, 2008, 21:51:39 »

Ipswich's season ticket prices are pretty eyewatering as well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 10:30:24 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Also, the BBC's all round non-match day coverage sparikies on the flimbambizz of Brunel. It never completely went away last season, but the all round combination package means people are more likely to listen in to see what's going down at the CG, drawing them in a little.

How can you listen in to see  what is going on?  Surely you listen to hear what is going on?   Unless of course you're under the influence of some sort of hallucinogen,  thus making it quite possible.
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 11:36:29 »

BBC radio stations are going to start broadcasting on a frequency that allows them to send images directly to your brain. I think the new service kicks off in August.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 11:46:16 »

Well that will end Alan Green's career then.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 12:49:09 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
BBC radio stations are going to start broadcasting on a frequency that allows them to send images directly to your brain. I think the new service kicks off in August.

Ace.....not sure the neurological implanted chip will be that popular,  but its inventor Si Berman, claims its proved successful in trails with ManUre fans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: