Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ardiles Jnr  (Read 3219 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 16:02:28 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "axs"
congrats Ardiles, Reg - step out of the fifties. actually don't bother, too late for you!

Nought to do with the 50's mate....if you're a bird you can have a vast wedge of time off for maternity leave, with most reputable employers, if you're a bloke maybe a week to a fortnight. If society considers this an equal arrangement how come blokes don't get the time wedge?

This, however, is better than the Thatcherite 80's, when I had to phone in sick when my kids were born, as there was no paternity leave.

Well, Reg will be pleased to know that all that is due to change shortly, when the maternity leave entitlement will become some kind of parental leave entitlement that can be shared between both parents. Fathers will then be able to take a few months of paternity leave if the mother returns to work.

That's how it should be,  I tried to skank a fortnight of paternity leave last year, with a bird who was being a surrogate mother.  Management didn't know about the surrogacy,  I wanted her to tell the management I'd got her "in the family way"  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: