Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 25 year old pro footballer arrested....  (Read 9490 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 22:26:46 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Quote from: "arriba"
Bye Bye Phil Smith. Sturrock seemed to prefer Smudge!

no he didn't.he saw an opportunity to cash in big time on brez but it didn't happen.

with regards to the accident if i were the dad i'd rather be dead.

Very true, I don't have kids but being paralyzed (presumably) and knowing your kids died in your care no doubt would make your life hell, feel sorry for the father and the family of the 2 boys involved. [/b]

Is he definitely going to be fucked afterwards? Either way, I disagree with that sort of sentiment. I can see where you're coming through, but I'm sure there are people out there who have got through equal or worse and survived, even managed to live their lives afterwards. Saying that people who go through things like that are better off dead seems like a bit of an insult to people who do manage to live through it.

I've never lived through anything that horrendous, so I wouldn't want to presume either way, and I don't think you can say unless you have.

Fair enough but imagine your kids killed and you were the person who was taking care of them at the time. You may survive physically but mentally you would no doubt blame yourself or think "if only I'd left 5 mins later" etc... Silly example perhaps by one of My Mum;s dogs had to be put down in the week because he slipped on a laminate floor after he was groomed, The dog broke his back and was paralized. My mum said to me on the phone crying "I should have put him on the carpet and she would still be here" So I think somewhat I can say what they must be feeling as this happened on Monday to my Mum, perhaps a pathetic example but similar in many ways. Something you love and care for is taken in an accident and you feel guilty.
flammableBen

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 22:37:02 »

Is he definitely going to be fucked afterwards? Either way, I disagree with that sort of sentiment. I can see where you're coming through, but I'm sure there are people out there who have got through equal or worse and survived, even managed to live their lives afterwards. Saying that people who go through things like that are better off dead seems like a bit of an insult to people who do manage to live through it.

I've never lived through anything that horrendous, so I wouldn't want to presume either way, and I don't think you can say unless you have.

Fair enough but imagine your kids killed and you were the person who was taking care of them at the time. You may survive physically but mentally you would no doubt blame yourself or think "if only I'd left 5 mins later" etc... Silly example perhaps by one of My Mum;s dogs had to be put down in the week because he slipped on a laminate floor after he was groomed, The dog broke his back and was paralized. My mum said to me on the phone crying "I should have put him on the carpet and she would still be here" So I think somewhat I can say what they must be feeling as this happened on Monday to my Mum, perhaps a pathetic example but similar in many ways. Something you love and care for is taken in an accident and you feel guilty.

That's what I was saying though, you can't imagine it. But people can be pretty strong. If he can't live with it then fair enough, but I don't think saying whether or not he will be able to now is an exercise which is fair to the dude. In the same way that it's not fair on you, saying you wouldn't be able to go on if you were in his situation. You can't know until you're there. Saying that he's probably better off dead seems far to close to saying that he should think that he's better of dead. People who've been through horrendous things should still be encouraged to get on with their lives, not told that they'd be better off dead.

And I think your example is silly. Not saying the dog's not important to your mum, but two kids is way off that scale.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 22:43:52 »

That's what I was saying though, you can't imagine it. But people can be pretty strong. If he can't live with it then fair enough, but I don't think saying whether or not he will be able to now is an exercise which is fair to the dude. In the same way that it's not fair on you, saying you wouldn't be able to go on if you were in his situation. You can't know until you're there. Saying that he's probably better off dead seems far to close to saying that he should think that he's better of dead. People who've been through horrendous things should still be encouraged to get on with their lives, not told that they'd be better off dead.

And I think your example is silly. Not saying the dog's not important to your mum, but two kids is way off that scale.

Although the situations are totally different, I don't think that makes Gazza's example silly. It was just to prove a point that people can blame themselves for things they had no say in.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 22:45:23 »

only a parent could answer it imo.no offence but it changes you.losing 1 child let alone 2 is my worst nightmare.i'd rather die for sure.infact its the most sure i've been about anything.any parnet of decency will agree with me.i can see where gazza is coming from.but he does things in his own way which is kinda nice and endearing
flammableBen

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 22:54:52 »

Sorry that might have been a bit harsh, but it's still just a dog. I see where you're coming from a blaming yourself point of view, but the scale is insurmountable to me. If you blamed yourself for the loss of a dog to the point that you might not want to go on, then it's not because of the dog but another problem. Probably loneliness.

I've admitted that I'm not a fan of pets in the past, and I know people get attached to dogs, but as I said, if you get that attached then there's something wrong with your life other than your dead dog.

I still think my original point stands though. I know the dude won't ever read the shit posted on here. But the attitude towards people who have gone through terrible trauma should be one of encouragement, not better off dead.
flammableBen

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 22:56:49 »

Quote from: "arriba"
only a parent could answer it imo.no offence but it changes you.losing 1 child let alone 2 is my worst nightmare.i'd rather die for sure.infact its the most sure i've been about anything.any parnet of decency will agree with me.i can see where gazza is coming from.but he does things in his own way which is kinda nice and endearing

I don't have kids. But I think that you're doing a disservice to anybody who goes through something that traumatic by saying that they're not a decent parent if they don't want to be dead. There's no way I can agree to that.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 06:26:19 »

Sorry that might have been a bit harsh, but it's still just a dog. I see where you're coming from a blaming yourself point of view, but the scale is insurmountable to me. If you blamed yourself for the loss of a dog to the point that you might not want to go on, then it's not because of the dog but another problem. Probably loneliness.

I've admitted that I'm not a fan of pets in the past, and I know people get attached to dogs, but as I said, if you get that attached then there's something wrong with your life other than your dead dog.

I still think my original point stands though. I know the dude won't ever read the shit posted on here. But the attitude towards people who have gone through terrible trauma should be one of encouragement, not better off dead.

My whole point was to say as Arriba noted further up, to have something you love taken away from you under circumstanes you can't control. People say "what if?" "if only I'd....", I am nop fan of pets and hate dogs, just stating that people blame themselves. Hopefully he can find some strength and recover.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 06:59:26 »

I really feel for the Wife/Mother. She looked absolutely distraught, understandably. Lost two kids, young kids, and her husband is in hospital with suspected broken neck and back.

Tragic absolutely tragic  Sad

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 08:15:18 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
If he was over the limit then he's already guilty of that offence by a matter of course.

I expect he was insured, but unless you have your documents on you at the time of arrest they charge you without having insurance

Isn't the insurance charge down to the fact your over the limit, ie if you're over the legal limit it invalidates your car insurance?  Just something in the back of my mind about that.

I know this was debated the other week, but I really do not understand why anyone would get in a car and drive if they've had a drink.

What a silly boy, although I guess the lad already knows that, he must be going through hell, just like the poor family of the deceased.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 08:57:57 »

Quote from: "janaage"
If he was over the limit then he's already guilty of that offence by a matter of course.

I expect he was insured, but unless you have your documents on you at the time of arrest they charge you without having insurance

Isn't the insurance charge down to the fact your over the limit, ie if you're over the legal limit it invalidates your car insurance?  Just something in the back of my mind about that.

My understanding is that invalidates the comprehensive part of the insurance (to fix your part of any claim), but does not invalidate 3rd party cover - the important point being you are still technically insured.

If[/u] that is right, to be done for no insurance means he was either driving his car without any insurance, or somebody else's car whose his insurance did not cover.

Either way, it's just a horrible, horrible thing to happen to a family.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 09:06:51 »

What a prick. Hope he get double-penetrated in prison
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 09:08:58 »

Fucking unbelievable, some of these players are so fucking bone idle at times.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 09:30:06 »

Quote from: "Batch"

My understanding is that invalidates the comprehensive part of the insurance (to fix your part of any claim), but does not invalidate 3rd party cover - the important point being you are still technically insured.

If[/u] that is right, to be done for no insurance means he was either driving his car without any insurance, or somebody else's car whose his insurance did not cover.

It's standard procedure, they charge you there and then so it can all be sorted the same day in court. I guess not having your documents on you is enough evidence to charge you.

I got charged with having no insurance, all I had to do was to bring the policy document to court and I was cleared of that charge. I didn't eve have to enter a plea.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 09:34:14 »

Quote from: "Batch"

It's standard procedure, they charge you there and then so it can all be sorted the same day in court. I guess not having your documents on you is enough evidence to charge you.

I got charged with having no insurance, all I had to do was to bring the policy document to court and I was cleared of that charge. I didn't eve have to enter a plea.

Oh right fair enough.  Cheers for clearing it up, your honour.

To be fair to this guy I don't really think his profession comes into it.  Basically he's just a mid twenty something who thought "it's never happen to me" and it has.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 9, 2008, 12:58:47 »

My heart goes out to the parents, after seeingthe press conf on Sky News yerserday the por mother was obviously totally broken, and faced with her husband in hospital with a broken back and broken neck and also internal injuries she is gonig to need to try and be strong for him also.

The report says that both vehicles were in the middle lane but the people carrier carreered down the embankment through fences and trees.

Apparently the footballer was coming back from a freinds wedding the previous day and decided to drive home instead of staying over.

You do wonder thought what happened if they player was behind the people carrier then it does suggest he went into the back of him sending him off the road.

I know innocent until proven guilty but if it is proven he was driving over the limit and erratically then he desernves what he get's....and I'm sure it will be his footballing career over with as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: