Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1240688 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6510 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 20:01:38 »

Just watched Dr Sleep. Long old film, start a bit disjointed. The last 2 hours - brilliant.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6511 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 22:06:09 »

Just watched Dr Sleep. Long old film, start a bit disjointed. The last 2 hours - brilliant.

What I find amazing is that Stephen King only released the book in 2013 and then the film was released in 2019. Meaning it's likely they were working on the film probably only about 4 years after the book came out. It's testament to King but also I would imagine when starting writing his Shining sequel that he was already in cahoots with Mick Flanagan.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #6512 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 10:33:31 »

Watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? last night, I'd forgotten how much I like that film. I think that's probably the last of the Coen Brothers' films that I really enjoyed. It made me think about going back and revisiting some of the others but I may have watched them too often in the past to have a similar experience. Are any of the newer ones worth watching? I didn't enjoy No Country For Old Men, Burn After Reading was okay-ish, and I think I fell asleep trying to watch True Grit.

Also, for any Wes Anderson fans out there, Isle of Dogs is on Channel 4 tonight at 6.05pm.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6513 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 11:38:05 »

Had a second viewing of In Bruges - just as good as the first time. One of my all time favs.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6514 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 11:49:27 »

A rare thing for me to say but the latest Tom Hanks effort, News of the World on Netflix, is fucking garbage.

It literally put me to sleep

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6515 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 12:05:20 »

Managed 20 minutes of it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6516 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 13:17:21 »

I liked 'News of the World' but agree it's not action packed. The shoot-out was good.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6517 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 19:39:00 »

Watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? last night, I'd forgotten how much I like that film. I think that's probably the last of the Coen Brothers' films that I really enjoyed. It made me think about going back and revisiting some of the others but I may have watched them too often in the past to have a similar experience. Are any of the newer ones worth watching? I didn't enjoy No Country For Old Men, Burn After Reading was okay-ish, and I think I fell asleep trying to watch True Grit.

Also, for any Wes Anderson fans out there, Isle of Dogs is on Channel 4 tonight at 6.05pm.

True Grit is really great, I recommend giving that another go.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6518 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 13:44:13 »

Sleepers is now on Netflix. Bit of an oldie but what a film
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6519 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 10:36:42 »

Feels like ages since i watch a film really enjoyed so here are 2 I've watched on Prime which i would highly recommend.

A scouts guide to a zombie apocalypse: Just a stupid laugh out loud zombie comedy. If you like Zombieland, you'll like this.

Palm Springs: Almost didn't watch this as the trailer just seemed like a Groundhog Day rip off, which in essence it is, but well worth a watch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6520 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 12:20:43 »

thanks for the tips. the weather forecast being what it is this pm very timely
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #6521 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 13:13:50 »

Unhinged
Russell Crow as a somewhat pissed off septic driver.
He does bad very well.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6522 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 13:21:16 »

Watched a true story film over the weekend called 'just mercy' about death row inmates in Alabama. Enjoy it and angered by it at the same time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6523 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 18:13:03 »

It's been out for a while now but I watched 'The Two Popes' a few weeks ago, with Antony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce as the outgoing and incoming Popes.

Absolutely brilliant film and both actors were amazing. I read afterwards that it's almost entirely fiction, but a nice idea and film nonetheless.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6524 on: Monday, May 3, 2021, 21:49:20 »

It's been out for a while now but I watched 'The Two Popes' a few weeks ago, with Antony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce as the outgoing and incoming Popes.

Absolutely brilliant film and both actors were amazing. I read afterwards that it's almost entirely fiction, but a nice idea and film nonetheless.

Agreed, was a great film.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: