Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Big Brother 9 (IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT READ IT!)  (Read 56427 times)
Lumps

« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:05:17 »

The whole Apprentice thing. I can see both sides of this, but it's worth remembering it's only 4 seasons in, and it's already degenerating along the same lines as BB.

Season one -  the black guy won and rightly so as he seemed to actually have some ability. But there were enough people who made complete tits of themselves to mean that come season 2 there were less serious competitors and more brash idiots than in season 1. Now it's got to the stage that no-one who's got any kind of reputation in any business setting is going to touch it with a barge pole.

Also once Ruth Badger and Saira(?) had bagged themselves TV jobs you could see some of the applicants were more interested in getting on TV panel shows than in working for Sir A. That posh blonde bitch last year clearly didn't want the job and was just being as outspoken as possible to attract attention. This year I'd say at least 20% of them were more interested in being "a personality" in the way they presented themselves than in doing well in the tasks and winning. Raef's going to be hosting some lame duck of a show on digital within a few months isn't he?

Give it two years and everyone on the show will be there just to be on TV. And down the rapidly swirling drain the format goes. Another victim of our obsession with empty celebrity.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:21:59 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
eugh you have made me think of that vile Chanelle creature that was on it last year - seeing her frollicking about semi naked trying to sell her "pop single" the other day made me want to stab rusty pins in my eyes

The new thing is as well they all have to get into a "relationship" with someone in the house so they can try and milk there 5 minutes of fame even further by getting into OK magazine and alike

She was a bit OTT and rather high maintenance...she was entertaining though you have to admit
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:24:06 »

They are OK in the house - Its when they get out they drive me mad!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:26:55 »

Well yeah that is true, but they all try and milk their 5 mins of fame and cash in whereever they can...wouldn't you if you had been in there and realised the paparazzi wanted your story for money ?

I think they are all assigned agents when they leave the house anyway to help them exploit
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:27:10 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
Quote from: "donkey"
I don't watch the Apprentice or Big Brother...does that make me a bad person?

no it means you are the lucky one that has a life  Cheesy  Wink

Thank you Birdy...however I can assure you my life is filled by other pointless activities...I have bits of a life every so often.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:48:08 »

I can watch the Apprentice and not want to change channel. I can't do the same with BB.

I'm not going to slag off those who like to watch Big Brother because 'it's unfashionable' I'll slag them off because it's entertaining for me to do so and because I think it's vapid, unentertaining nonsense that lasts for a quarter of the year too long.
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:59:24 »

Got tickets to go and see the show on the 13th Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 17:00:46 »

Quote from: "axs"
vapid,

Good word axs.....
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 17:01:22 »

why, thank you.
fatbury

« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 18:17:01 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
Quote from: "fatbury"
even im not watching it this year ...

your probably in it

SHHHHHHHhhhhhh
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 20:32:33 »

In my opinion Big Brother is just incredibly dull. When it first aired it was a fairly new concept and was mildly intriguing. But watching people sit around and do not much just doesn't entertain me. Then there's the tasks they do which are uninspiring and unimaginative. It's trash telly with no rhyme or reason.

The Apprentice uses the same format each year, same sorts of tasks each year and is definitely shot and cut in a way to make it more entertaining. It's not as predictable and I quite like the way it hasn't taken itself too seriously this year.

The ting about telly that annoys me most is the endless talent shows. It's quite amusing to watch the retards make idiots of themselves early on but then it becomes a karaoke competition with a large audience and some judges with even larger egos. The dancing on ice and singing in west end ones are even crapper.

All just my opinions though. I can see why some people would prefer one of the others and why some people would hate them all.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 21:51:11 »

I've read up until this post in the thread and this is where I stop!  Cheesy

I'm the same, can't be bothered with either.

Theres at least 2 bad people on this thread now!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 08:47:13 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"

I've read up until this post in the thread and this is where I stop!  Cheesy

I'm the same, can't be bothered with either.

Theres at least 2 bad people on this thread now!

When we're good we're very good, but when we're bad we're better (to kinda quote Mae West).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 14:27:43 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
In my opinion Big Brother is just incredibly dull. Then there's the tasks they do which are uninspiring and unimaginative.
Tasks in the apprentice are pretty dire. It normally follows this format:

We've set this all up for you. You've got product X, and a tent to sell it from. We're at Canary Wharf, choose your pitch from anywhere around here. Do something simple and menial, like design a flyer or print some raffle tickets. Then put up the tent. You're ready to go - sell!

Not a lot of room to fuck up is there? You'd be surprised.

Apprentice really should shake up the tasks, they could have some excellent ideas.
McLovin

« Reply #59 on: Monday, June 2, 2008, 14:43:47 »

If they threw 6 average blokes and 6 average girls in the house it'd be far more interesting than the typical mix of trannies/wannabe celebs/fake titted idiots/students.

I think that's why i liked the first one or two series, but have gradually got pissed off with it.

I always watch the first episode though, just to see if the producers have managed to pick anyone i know
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: