Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I've got to get something off my chest...  (Read 5192 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:06:46 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Shut it Willow.

as in Willow offgood? sorry Ash  
dell boy

« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:08:29 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I hate them more than ever and their legions of plastic fans who crawl out of the woodwork any time they win anything. And that some of these retards actually think they're better than any other plastics is laughable, they are the worst of the lot. Scum. Aside from them and Arsenal I don't mind any of the other premiership teams, no other team has such a high percentage of cunts as fans.

Suppose it depends where you live.

Plastic Chelsea and Tottenham in my neck of the woods.
Arsenal and West Ham supporters on the whole seem to go to games.
Not many Man U fans in this area, the pubs on match day were mainly decked out in blue for their armchair supporters.
flammableBen

« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:09:07 »

Ufgood.

I think.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:27:07 »

Wikipedia immeditaly please
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:28:26 »

boooo your right  :x
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:29:34 »

Willow,

Oooh that's another movie to download for my little girl. I'd been trying for ages to remember the name of that movie.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:48:49 »

Quote from: "dell boy"

Not many Man U fans in this area, the pubs on match day were mainly decked out in blue for their armchair supporters.

Seriously? That is very strange. Just about anyone I know who has never been to a football match in their life was supporting Man United as if they're their biggest fan.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:59:48 »

Practising fans aside - I just think supporting the biggest teams in the country without half decent reasons for supporting them other that "the'yre mint innit" is no different than watching a soap opera on the television.

When it's good they'll be watching and loving each character and when it's shit they turn over to the flashy rival on the other channel.

I don't see the attraction - my bro went from Swindon to Man Utd in a moment - and I've never let him forget it. Where's the fun?

Like Liverpool fans "I'm so depressed we finished 4th of the Premiership - despite having so much glory this decade" Boo-fucking-hoo.

Cheesy
Dazzza

« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 16:47:41 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
Willow,

Oooh that's another movie to download for my little girl. I'd been trying for ages to remember the name of that movie.

Terry Gilliam's Time Bandits has to be the best midget film of the lot though.  Beats Willow hands down.

Blast from the past does anyone remember David Rappaport  on Tiswas and the Saturday show?

Back on topic does anyone see the 'top four' Premiership sides changing much  in the next 5 seasons?  Unless Roman buggers off leaving Chelski high and dry I can't see anyone breaking in to the clique.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 16:51:07 »

Good shout Dazza.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 17:54:06 »

with some strong signings in the summer i can see villa and spurs sniffing around. liverpool look the side most vulnerable to drop from the four, but with arsenal losing key players in the summer they may slip up too. i dont think the gaps shrinking

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 17:58:26 »

Quote from: "juddie"
Carlo Sartori Cheesy

brilliant. Like every club United has had it's duffers.

I do agree United could wobble after ferg leaves. He will retire only when he's overtaken Liverpool's 18 league titles (United now on 17), so he's going nowhere yet.

I'm not sure if it'll be the same as when Busby left, however, Reg. Whoever takes over will inherit a strong side with the best training facilities in the land and a healthy academy.

Financially though, they're fucked!

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/197071_fks/207_Carlo_Sartori.JPG

One of my happiest footballing memories was watching Palace v ManUre in teh mid 70's when Don Rogers completrely destroyed  them scoring 2 and setting up 3...they were a proper club back then,  not a global brand.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 19:34:44 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"
Practising fans aside - I just think supporting the biggest teams in the country without half decent reasons for supporting them other that "the'yre mint innit" is no different than watching a soap opera on the television.

When it's good they'll be watching and loving each character and when it's shit they turn over to the flashy rival on the other channel.

I don't see the attraction - my bro went from Swindon to Man Utd in a moment - and I've never let him forget it. Where's the fun?

Like Liverpool fans "I'm so depressed we finished 4th of the Premiership - despite having so much glory this decade" Boo-fucking-hoo.

Cheesy

Football is no longer a live spectator sport, it is a television sport and I think your post sums this up quite well. People in my office who support Prem teams always try and have banter with each other, but imo, you can't beat having some proper banter as the game happens.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 19:50:47 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Well woudl you believe it, Rob T comes out as a plastic united fan, I knew it!

Soapy Tit Wank

I went off them when they won stuff, and made up for it by attending a game in their home end with my Swindon top on in 1994ish (when they got knocked out of the Uefa Cup by Rotar Volgegrad).
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 15:37:56 »

I too started out as a Man Utd fan in the early 90's [theywere the team my dad followed around in the 70's in his doc martin boots so bit of an excuse  Cool ] I think if you've had any kind of assocation with any prem team and your embarrassed by it your reaction is to go the other way completely and hate them,thus i hate Man u and all their stupid sit in the pub and watch the game fans.The real ones who go fair enough.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: