Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: champions league final  (Read 17232 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 16:40:44 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
i want chelsea to win. I feel sorry for grant and i dont know as many chelsea "fans" compared to man utd "fans", so will hear less of the "oh my days were amazing. doesn't matter i've never seen us play, my great uncles grandmothers cat was from manchester so im not a glory supoorter" tripe.

Just tell the sad cases, that ManUre have never won at the CG, whereas Swindon have won at Old Trafford...should shut them up.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 16:41:59 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
And the two cleared off the line of course ....

Interesting betting for the final - 90 minutes only from Bet365

Man Utd 6/4
Chelsea 9/4
Draw 2/1

Back any two and win money .... seems very generous.

Is that usual for this kind of event?  Back two horses and still come out on top???

If I were a Man Utd fan I'd back Chelsea and the draw big time, then you're either down a few quid but champions of europe or have some money to drown your sorrows.
lebowski

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 16:52:12 »

Janaage, that's just for 90 minutes though, not outright winner.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 18:45:04 »

Which is why you back Chelsea or the draw, you still come out on top, unless Utd win (and therefore as a Utd fan) and you win the cup.

That's right isn't it?
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 19:25:11 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Does anybody actually give a shit?

I can't get myself interested at all. As I don't have sky my only live televised football other than the the odd FA Cup game is the Champions League, so I've tried to get myself to be bothered but I can't. I can't be arsed to watch it most weeks. Even when I'm the only one in the living room and I could sit and watch it I find myself flicking through channels in boredom.

Spot on. Quite often I watch the first 20 minutes of the match, just to see the away followings and get a feel for the game then turn it off.

It was a special event. They just about got away with two teams from the major leagues. But as soon as it went to 4 or even 5, it just became a complete joke, a Euro League by proxy. Classic example of money men in charge of football. Fair play to Platini saying he wanted a Champs League place for the FA Cup. But it doesnt suit the big clubs agenda so it doesnt happen. Could the top 4 be anymore cosy up there? Whole thing makes me sick.

Plus there is the fact we play the same style of football as everyone else in Europe now. Theres nothing special about our game apart from weve got more money.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 21:38:03 »

Plus there is the fact we play the same style of football as everyone else in Europe now. Theres nothing special about our game apart from weve got more money.

hahahahahahaha

Things get better but they never get good
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 21:45:54 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Does anybody actually give a shit?

I can't get myself interested at all. As I don't have sky my only live televised football other than the the odd FA Cup game is the Champions League, so I've tried to get myself to be bothered but I can't. I can't be arsed to watch it most weeks. Even when I'm the only one in the living room and I could sit and watch it I find myself flicking through channels in boredom.

Spot on. Quite often I watch the first 20 minutes of the match, just to see the away followings and get a feel for the game then turn it off.

It was a special event. They just about got away with two teams from the major leagues. But as soon as it went to 4 or even 5, it just became a complete joke, a Euro League by proxy. Classic example of money men in charge of football. Fair play to Platini saying he wanted a Champs League place for the FA Cup. But it doesnt suit the big clubs agenda so it doesnt happen. Could the top 4 be anymore cosy up there? Whole thing makes me sick.

Spencer we still going out for this?  Cheesy

Good points tho, sammy is coming too and no doubt will have beers and tell every utd and chelsea fan they are plastics, ace

strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 22:35:47 »

i've got to write an assessed 400 word match report on it. how exciting.

officially blacker than the night.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 23:11:08 »

Quote from: "strooood"

just write: bolocks,bollocks,bollocks etc.

cos thats what it will be, a massive anti climax i should think.
Lumps

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 10:46:09 »

Obviously for your purposes ignore everthing I've posted and bang on about what a superb showpiece event this will be for the AWESOME POWER of the PREMIER LEAGUE. The GREATEST LEAGUE in the WORLD  ...... and stuff.

:roll:
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 10:54:02 »

Obviously for your purposes ignore everthing I've posted and bang on about what a superb showpiece event this will be for the AWESOME POWER of the PREMIER LEAGUE. The GREATEST LEAGUE in the WORLD  ...... and stuff.

But how it would have been so much better if Arsenal had been in it
Lumps

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 11:50:18 »

Quote from: "pauld"

But how it would have been so much better if Arsenal had been in it

Yeah obviously
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 12:02:16 »

It is the best league in the world
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 12:14:58 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"