Pages: 1 ... 3442 3443 3444 [3445] 3446 3447 3448 ... 3982   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9124002 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51660 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 10:22:20 »

He was the biggest disapointment under Morris for me in the end. I thought after working with him he would have performed better but even he got worse.

Found it quite amusing actually that Morris in his oening interview had a little pop about him playing left back then did the samer
Lavinier definately got worse under Morris but he is not a left back, it was needs must in playing him there. He has only played a handful of games for Town in his favoured right back position.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51661 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 10:24:22 »

It'll be fascinating to hear what was really going on during the Morris era, even if we have to wait 5 or 10 years.

I was convinced he would be the one to lead us on a charge up the leagues but it was an unmitigated disaster on every front.

The Flynn appointment leaves me totally cold and smacks of Flitcroft/Brown 2.0, so no doubt I'll be proven wrong and there'll be a statue of the bloke in 50 years time.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #51662 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 10:32:18 »

It'll be fascinating to hear what was really going on during the Morris era, even if we have to wait 5 or 10 years.

I was convinced he would be the one to lead us on a charge up the leagues but it was an unmitigated disaster on every front.

The Flynn appointment leaves me totally cold and smacks of Flitcroft/Brown 2.0, so no doubt I'll be proven wrong and there'll be a statue of the bloke in 50 years time.

Brown was woeful, but was Flitcroft that bad? We were around 6th when he left I thought
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #51663 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 10:34:10 »

Brown was woeful, but was Flitcroft that bad? We were around 6th when he left I thought

The football was unspeakably shit. Flynn just gives me Flitcroft vibes. Can't say why particularly.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #51664 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 13:02:33 »

The football was unspeakably shit. Flynn just gives me Flitcroft vibes. Can't say why particularly.
Probably because you’ve seen Newport play on EFL.  Absolutely shit, long ball, bullyboy football apparently all down to the pitch, however he won’t have that excuse at the County Ground. Hopefully he won’t need any excuses,  we’re going up as fucking champions ……

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #51665 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 14:40:34 »

Flint will go to Wrexham for the money or one of the teams local to his family who live near Mansfield, so Notts County/Chesterfield, Mansfield, Doncaster etc.

He's most likely going to Sheff Wed mate. Played the rest of the season there and still sees himself at Championship level. He won't stay in League One, so will look elsewhere if Wednesday don't get promoted via the POs [although they deserve to, considering they finished on 96pts]

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #51666 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 14:45:04 »

Brown wasn't that bad but it was a case of wrong time wrong place. He recognised though, in his wisdom, that STFC was/is a really good club and that someone could come in and really make good things happen. He had the foresight of where Town could/should be but also [possibly by his own admission] that he wasn't the man who would be able to do it.

I kind of respected him a lot for recognising the club in that way. Yeah he was poor and probably disappointed by his own standards but I've less ill feeling Tanned Phil than I did for Mr Microwave.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51667 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 14:47:50 »

I've heard him do 3 interviews this week and each time he's had to explain that the main reason for that was the state of the pitch at the time at Rodney Parade. He's stated that he likes to play football but wants to see passing with a purpose i.e not pissing about with it at the back. So I think that should really put that particular concern to bed...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #51668 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 14:56:52 »

I've heard him do 3 interviews this week and each time he's had to explain that the main reason for that was the state of the pitch at the time at Rodney Parade. He's stated that he likes to play football but wants to see passing with a purpose i.e not pissing about with it at the back. So I think that should really put that particular concern to bed...

I was saying the football under Flitcroft was shit.

It is something about his demeanour that I was comparing the two on. Banging on about how working class he is. Flitcroft put great stock in the fact he was from a 'football family'. Both utterly irrelevant to success.

To be clear, the only managers I've ever been actively against are Hart and Sheridan and I'll be 100% behind him and the team. It just takes a little bit more than what I've heard for me to think he is the second coming of Christ, albeit well done for him for engaging, successfully clearing the spectacularly low bar set by his predecessors.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51669 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:04:55 »

I see, got you... FWIW, I think Flitcroft was a bullshitter of epic proportions, pretty much on Sandro's level which is saying something. I also think Flynn is as genuine as you can get and should be taken at face value... just my opinion of course...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51670 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:11:32 »

Mansfield have released Danny Johnson, who did well for Flynn at Walsall.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2023/may/mansfield-town-confirm-retained-list/
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #51671 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:12:21 »

I quite liked the fact he (Flynn) said that you play to the strengths of your players, not try & fit them into a pre-designed style.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51672 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:22:13 »

I quite liked the fact he (Flynn) said that you play to the strengths of your players, not try & fit them into a pre-designed style.

Who'd thunk it eh!?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51673 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:33:20 »

You mean proper old school management! make a formation to suit the players available not the other way around, ahem, Lindsey and Jody take note.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #51674 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:53:35 »

Mansfield have released Danny Johnson, who did well for Flynn at Walsall.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2023/may/mansfield-town-confirm-retained-list/

Ginger Pele?  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3442 3443 3444 [3445] 3446 3447 3448 ... 3982   Go Up
Print
Jump to: