Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 2401 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8938723 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #35955 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 19:01:53 »

Disappointed to lose him but totally understand.  From interviews it does seem that football is not the be all and end all, he has plans for post football and more money and a 3 year contract is more important than having another go at league 1.

Shame but there you go.

Never knowingly overstated.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35956 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 19:05:55 »

Disappointed to lose him but totally understand.  From interviews it does seem that football is not the be all and end all, he has plans for post football and more money and a 3 year contract is more important than having another go at league 1.

Shame but there you go.
Well, it’s obvious he hadn’t moved for footballing reasons- why drop back to the basement to play for a club with a rookie manager and a good chance he will revert to the Bradford Doyle.

He’s gone for the 3 year contract and ease of commute and managing a slide into retirement. Can’t blame him, really.

I believe last season Mansfield trusted their copious budget to a rookie manager. That worked out well!
Flashheart

« Reply #35957 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 19:30:36 »

I'd have done the same.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #35958 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 19:56:51 »

Well, it’s obvious he hadn’t moved for footballing reasons- why drop back to the basement to play for a club with a rookie manager and a good chance he will revert to the Bradford Doyle.

He’s gone for the 3 year contract and ease of commute and managing a slide into retirement. Can’t blame him, really.

I believe last season Mansfield trusted their copious budget to a rookie manager. That worked out well!

The phrase 'footballing reasons' raises its head again. I still don't understand that. You can fashion together a number of reasons aside from pay and location:-

1. Play a level of football that you might be more comfortable with.
2. Join a club as the biggest name and focal point.
3. Take on the 'project' of returning a club the previously attracted some of the biggest names of the early 2000s (now on the bones of its arse) back to the promised land.

These are reasons that relate to football and, as such, I would regard them as footballing reasons.

Nothing to see here
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35959 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 20:05:58 »

I think you know exactly what it means but you're just being pedantic for the sake of it
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35960 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 20:09:10 »

That's unfair

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #35961 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 21:06:44 »

To be fair, I'm not sure pedantic is the right word.

Irksome might be more appropriate.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35962 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 21:10:51 »

It's quite clear that Doyle has been negotiating his own exit strategy JBZ. He admitted as much in the lengthy article centred on him, in March. I'm not quoting it again. Google is your "friend" though.

Everything quoted from the Strawberry Blonde one's mouth was about earning as much as possible/getting a final payday/focussing on the business and moving back to Ireland as soon as practicable. He'd have took an offer from Mudchester Rovers if the price was right.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #35963 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 21:14:36 »

I would prefer rebarbative but surely on the TEF, cunt is the most common term - for old times sake?

'Incessant Nonsense'

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35964 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 21:18:45 »

I would prefer rebarbative but surely on the TEF, cunt is the most common term - for old times sake?

Old times' sake?

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35965 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 21:28:19 »

The post was fairly benign - particularly in the context of this forum.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #35966 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 21:38:13 »

My honest opinion is that you might be trying too hard. We don't always have to be funny or clever or whatever. I may be wrong, but I say this because I've been there myself. (Not necessarily on the TEF). (But also a lot on the TEF).

This is genuinely meant in good faith.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #35967 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 22:52:01 »

Old times' sake?

It is quite the term of endearment on here. Unless someone is being fully an out and out one (we can all be guilty of this). Generally it is the token term. May get some getting used to but there is less likely to be much sympathy found on the TEF. Not concerning trivial matters any ho.

The tone can be certainly misunderstood at times but that is largely down to the written word. Some are better at identifying it than other. I would say relax a little, there's no pressure to be anyone but you. Maybe that just is you though so others will have to accept that is your general manner.

Agree with Flashhaert though, and again we can all be guilty of it (self included). I know that I can be quite the annoying fucker at times but I generally mean well, even if i can come across quite attacking. I am also way too dry for some on here. Often my links a beyond tedious but I'm too quick for my own and others good sometimes. So they just don't get it. Could be a regional thing too. I'm more North "leaning" in the opinion of many, yet I feel like I can blend in to many scenarios.

Anyway, I've had just over 2 an 3/4 pints of Milk Stout and if my fire alarms weren't so sensitive (they set of the whole fucking block), I would sharpen up a Davidoff, pour a Tawny and have an intriguing conversation with the local fox that trots along the street about 30 past the witching hour.

I'm not trying here at all, this is just me. Box of grenouille. I like me. I hope you like you. Cos it's damn sure the only guaranteed person that can.

This is also meant in good faith. I'm more surprised that FH isn't having an early morning marathon with the Mrs, since he missed out last week. Enjoy  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #35968 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 00:41:58 »

It is quite the term of endearment on here. Unless someone is being fully an out and out one (we can all be guilty of this). Generally it is the token term. May get some getting used to but there is less likely to be much sympathy found on the TEF. Not concerning trivial matters any ho.

The tone can be certainly misunderstood at times but that is largely down to the written word. Some are better at identifying it than other. I would say relax a little, there's no pressure to be anyone but you. Maybe that just is you though so others will have to accept that is your general manner.

Agree with Flashhaert though, and again we can all be guilty of it (self included). I know that I can be quite the annoying fucker at times but I generally mean well, even if i can come across quite attacking. I am also way too dry for some on here. Often my links a beyond tedious but I'm too quick for my own and others good sometimes. So they just don't get it. Could be a regional thing too. I'm more North "leaning" in the opinion of many, yet I feel like I can blend in to many scenarios.

Anyway, I've had just over 2 an 3/4 pints of Milk Stout and if my fire alarms weren't so sensitive (they set of the whole fucking block), I would sharpen up a Davidoff, pour a Tawny and have an intriguing conversation with the local fox that trots along the street about 30 past the witching hour.

I'm not trying here at all, this is just me. Box of grenouille. I like me. I hope you like you. Cos it's damn sure the only guaranteed person that can.

This is also meant in good faith. I'm more surprised that FH isn't having an early morning marathon with the Mrs, since he missed out last week. Enjoy  Soapy Tit Wank
You soppy cunt😀
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35969 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 05:03:35 »

So Doyle has gone to BW, well on the bright side he won’t be scoring goals against us next season unless we meet Blackpool in any cup competitions. As others have mentioned the leagues could be awash with decent players come the start of 20/21.

As has been evidenced before, some managers have an canny knack of turning rough diamond and rogue players into a gem fit for the Crown Jewels, Wellens I believe is one such manager. We’ll probably end up with a player or two who will make you scratch your head thinking why?
Pages: 1 ... 2395 2396 2397 [2398] 2399 2400 2401 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: