Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 3368 ... 3965   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8870733 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #50460 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:04:27 »

Harry Toffolo available for loan  Wink

Would be great..but no chance he would drop to L2 now
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #50461 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:06:30 »

So based on Sandro selling off all the older players lets see what we have left.

Baudry 34 - Retiring (haha cant sell him Sandro)
Austin 33 - Just signed for 6 months.
McDonald 29 - likely being sold
Williams 28 - out of contract, making positive noises about wanting to stay, who knows?
Blake-Tracy 26 - On loan, but will Sandro make perm even if he has done well?
Adeloye 26 - Probably one we all wish we could sell!
Harries 25 - As good as gone, given season ending injury
Iandolo 24 - likely to crawley?

So we have Khan at 26 then.....Hutton & Hepburn-Murphy at 23.

Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #50462 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:08:06 »

Iandolo I'm for getting off the wage bill, should be extremely easily to replace at minimum like for like.

Gladwin is too inconsistent, should be fairly easy to replace same quality or better.

MacDonald will be more difficult to replace at least same standard, we should keep him unless we're getting over market value, in my opinion.

Williams we should do everything we can to keep if we're serious about getting out of this division.

what he said!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #50463 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:09:29 »

Williams has played AML all season though, bar the Grimsby game. I prefer him in midfield, but if we drop him back there then we need a winger. And of course, it's not just about the first three names! Darcy, Ellis and Dworzak next three not quite so hot.

And it depends if we're 442 or 433. Grimsby seemed more 433 at times with Charlie, Wakeling and H-M upfront with Williams on the left side  of a narrow MF 3, but you could have read it as a 442 or even 424 with just Kahn and Iandolo as the CMs. The wide and forward players were switching and overlapping like mad so difficult to tell.

I've only seen highlights. Did Williams move more central when Lavinier came on?

..never go back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50464 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:16:18 »

OAPlayers

I think we are fine as things stand.  But if everyone goes that has been rumoured, crap or injured we will be left with
   Austin 33
   Williams 28
   Blake-Tracy 26 - hopefully would have been recalled by now. Reckon we'll make it perm?!
   Khan at 26 - first year in EFL

Its not enough.

I get younger players can perform. I just think that you need older heads to guide, mentor and take the flack when things get tough and the pressure builds.

I look forward to HMS piss the league laughing in my face in a few months time
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #50465 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:18:24 »

I think we are fine as things stand.  But if everyone goes that has been rumoured, crap or injured we will be left with
   Austin 33
   Williams 28
   Blake-Tracy 26 - hopefully would have been recalled by now. Reckon we'll make it perm?!

Its not enough.

I get younger players can perform. I just think that you need older heads to guide, mentor and take the flack when things get tough and the pressure builds.

Burton want Macdonald, we want to keep FBT -- deal to be done there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50466 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:18:55 »

We had older heads last season and they blew taking pens at Vale.

Our older heads this season have seen us turned over by quite a few real shitty teams.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:21:17 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #50467 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:19:35 »

Burton want Macdonald, we want to keep FBT -- deal to be done there.

Do we want to keep FBT? As fans we do for sure, does Sandro and the model. Honestly if he signed perm it would do something to bring comfort about the model.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #50468 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:20:20 »

Kinsella would fit the role we need but not sure we'd sign him. I doubt we would be prepared to meet Smith's likely wage requirement, or that he'd drop to tier 4 just now.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:30:15 by dalumpimunki » Logged

..never go back.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #50469 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:21:34 »

Do we want to keep FBT? As fans we do for sure, does Sandro and the model. Honestly if he signed perm it would do something to bring comfort about the model.

He has said that they do & if they had to turn it perm it's something they would look at doing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50470 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 14:52:43 »

Austin 33
   Williams 28

Its not enough.

This is a pretty stupid comparison, but for some reason Arsenal sprang to mind when you said that, (and they will probably blow up during the run in) I checked their squad and they really only have 3 players that are in their thirties - Soares (31), Xhaka (30), Elneny (30). Partay is 29 and Trossard 28 but aside from then everyone else is in their early to mid twenties.

Charlie and Jonny Williams for me are the experienced older heads in the squad that I reckon we are going to rely on at the back. I personally would prefer to have someone more experienced at the back, can you call FBT experienced? He certainly leads by example on the field of play.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50471 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 15:27:25 »

This is a pretty stupid comparison, but for some reason Arsenal sprang to mind when you said that, (and they will probably blow up during the run in) I checked their squad and they really only have 3 players that are in their thirties - Soares (31), Xhaka (30), Elneny (30). Partay is 29 and Trossard 28 but aside from then everyone else is in their early to mid twenties.

Charlie and Jonny Williams for me are the experienced older heads in the squad that I reckon we are going to rely on at the back. I personally would prefer to have someone more experienced at the back, can you call FBT experienced? He certainly leads by example on the field of play.

Its not a stupid comparison really.  Arsenal have come through every test so far.

We'll see. If Arsenal do blow up then it'll be a surprise now.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50472 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 15:35:38 »

Lindsey describing Gladwin as ‘big and physical’. I’ve never seen a player pull out of so many tackles as Ben - that’s when he actually bothers to put in a tackle.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50473 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 15:37:05 »

And it depends if we're 442 or 433. Grimsby seemed more 433 at times with Charlie, Wakeling and H-M upfront with Williams on the left side  of a narrow MF 3, but you could have read it as a 442 or even 424 with just Kahn and Iandolo as the CMs. The wide and forward players were switching and overlapping like mad so difficult to tell.

I've only seen highlights. Did Williams move more central when Lavinier came on?

First half against Grimsby we lined up 4231 with Hutton, Brennan, MacDonald, FBT as the back 4 Khan & Iandolo as the holding two and Williams, RHM & Wakeling as the attacking 3 (left to right) Austin up top.

Half time we changed to 352 with Brennan, MacDonald & FBT as the centre back. Hutton & Iandolo as the wing backs. Williams, Khan & RHM as the middle three and Austin & Wakeling up front. Although with the extra man RHM was far forward enough it was more like 343 with wing backs.

Another body in midfield wouldn’t go a miss but we still have Khan, Williams, Darcy, Cain & Iandolo as of right now. Plus Aguiar out on loan. Depends on formation really.

Not sure about his clamour to get rid of MacDonald. We’ve spent god knows how many years saying we need a no nonsense defending centre back and he’s it. A lot of people posing the question ‘MacDonald or FBT?’ Well why not both as we have now? Since when has it become a straight choice between the two?

Reed, no loss. Gladwin, no loss. Think MacDonald would be a loss though.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 27, 2023, 15:39:06 by DiV » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50474 on: Friday, January 27, 2023, 15:37:23 »

Lindsey describing Gladwin as ‘big and physical’. I’ve never seen a player pull out of so many tackles as Ben - that’s when he actually bothers to put in a tackle.

He's quite handy defending in some circumstances I suppose. But tackling isn't is strong point is it. Nor heading sometimes. Maybe not so handy at defending..
Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 3368 ... 3965   Go Up
Print
Jump to: