Pages: 1 ... 3087 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 3093 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8975679 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #46335 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 08:27:45 »

I know, I got that, but it's the first thing that jumps into my head..

ok then, how about...

And besides
Everybody knows that No means Yes
Just like glasses come free on the N.H.S.
But the more I look through them the more I see
I'm becoming more like Alfie
Thought we signed him to play LB ?  Girl Giggle

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46336 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 08:34:08 »

A highly rated Chelsea u23 (Captain), 'could be the next John Terry'.

seems to fit the MO thus far
Absolutely thats what Google says about him, have seen him play for the Chelsea U19s and he looked solid, ball playing predominantly right footed CB but can use both feet, not the tallest at around 6 foot, can play at fullback too on either side.

https://salarysport.com/football/player/alfie-gilchrist/

This is the reason we cannot compete wages wise even for youngster.

https://salarysport.com/football/player/alfie-gilchrist/

£2,500 pw for a 17 year old...really?

https://theglobalherald.com/sport/zenit-u19-v-chelsea-u19-1-1-gilchrist-on-target-as-blues-progress-uefa-youth-league-highlights/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #46337 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 08:35:43 »

18 year old CB, probably a youth Striker as well. To my mind, these are the positions you need a bit of experience.

Also, having a perm striker is where the real money is if he turns out any good.

Haven’t we got Baudry?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #46338 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 08:49:51 »

Fascinating week ahead to see what the clubs real intentions are. We’ve had a windfall, we have bigger crowds than our L2 rivals. We’ve had the rhetoric. Now to see whether the comings and the goings indicate whether there is a serious effort to (I) get promoted automatically and (II) to invest in our clubs future with 2-3 year deals for Shade-type signings, or not. Loans should be fillers, and promotion enablers. No more (in my view). If the latter, they need to be surrounded by some good quality permanent signings.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46339 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 09:02:11 »

Haven’t we got Baudry?

yes. But can he do a whole season?  We have lost a bit of experience in that back line with hunt, conroy, AK* going.  Then again, Cooper + JOB didn't seem out of their depth.

If we are going down the 'all young players' route (dissapointing) then I'd like to see a few more Shade types who have at least a season under their belts.

Plenty of experience in midfield + McKirdy as things stand.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46340 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 09:05:56 »

If we are going down the 'all young players' route (dissapointing) then I'd like to see a few more Shade types who have at least a season under their belts.

Plenty of experience in midfield + McKirdy as things stand.
They are often the best signings, they have had 1 or 1 and a half seasons on loan so understand whats needed and the pace and strength of players in the first teams so have had their "blooding" before arriving.

Same with loan players too, if they have spent at least 6 months on loan even in the National League previously it shows them what is needed so they can step up.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46341 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 09:06:17 »

Yeah, Baudry can't do a whole season. He needs to be third choice CB at best.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #46342 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 09:37:42 »

£2,500 pw for a 17 year old...really?

To be honest, surprised it's not more.

Izzy Brown signed for Chelsea from West Brom at 16 and was being paid significantly more than that in 2013.

And he took less in wages so that he could have a bigger flat in London (paid for by the club) so his family could live with him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46343 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 09:40:26 »

To be honest, surprised it's not more.

Izzy Brown signed for Chelsea from West Brom at 16 and was being paid significantly more than that in 2013.

And he took less in wages so that he could have a bigger flat in London (paid for by the club) so his family could live with him.
Absolutely, thats why young players heads are turned at an early age to sign for the "big boys".

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #46344 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 09:59:45 »

Absolutely, thats why young players heads are turned at an early age to sign for the "big boys".
And you'd be foolish not to take the money. The alternative is going to a L2 club where you get paid less and no guaranteed opportunity to play. But if you join the big boys then you can take the money, get loaned out to a L2 club where the expectation is that you'll play.

We are bottom feeders, picking up some of these Shade or Devine type characters, who have been released by the big boys, but showed that they can cope with L2 football (and have potential to improve).

I suspect we are working on a 1 in 3 or 1 in 5 success/sell on ratio. Also, where 50% of the remaining 2 or 4 break even and the remainder are written off as expenses.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #46345 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 10:08:04 »

I remember at the time the West Brom chairman complaining that the "Big Teams" could just raid their academy with minimal compensation, so he questioned whether it was worth their while in bothering.

To be fair to Izzy I believe he's been quite sensible with his money (own's quite a lot of property around Peterborough).  Which is just as well because he's suffered a lot with injuries & has no club despite being only 25.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #46346 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 10:15:48 »

I know, I got that, but it's the first thing that jumps into my head..

ok then, how about...

And besides
Everybody knows that No means Yes
Just like glasses come free on the N.H.S.
But the more I look through them the more I see
I'm becoming more like Alfie

I know I know  Hi Ya

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46347 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 10:16:39 »

Everybody fully understand why they go there but it isn't good, we can't even pay a first team player the wages of a 17 year old 1st year pro at a Premiership club.

That is pretty much the way of the game now, thats also the main reason why Ifil left us for Brighton, offering him 10 times his wages, at least we (Power) got £200k for him though and he wasn't just "pinched" by the big boys.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46348 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 10:25:01 »

I know I know  Hi Ya

Smiley

I'm all out of Alfie links to songs now.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46349 on: Monday, June 27, 2022, 10:30:26 »

Smiley

I'm all out of Alfie links to songs now.

Pages: 1 ... 3087 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 3093 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: