Pages: 1 ... 3034 3035 3036 [3037] 3038 3039 3040 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8940699 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #45540 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 09:04:52 »

If we get up then I suppose we have a sniff of getting him. His injury record and the general anti climax of players going back to former clubs means the idea is probably more appealing than the reality.

You just know the majority of our fanbase would expect him to have the same impact he had first time around
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45541 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 09:15:30 »

I've always thought that the fans that seriously thought CA was going to come here really needed to have a bit of a word with themselves, but after giving it a bit of thought (too much time on the treadmill perhaps) i've moved from being a 0.01% chance of it happening so somewhere between 2-5%.

I'm in no way in the known but someone I trust (not JJ this time, sorry bud) hasn't totally poo pooed the idea and it got me thinking that if we are able to attract players such as Reed and Jonny Williams to the club, then maybe, just maybe an ageing CA, who only scored 5 goals for QPR this season might now be looking towards the final stages of his playing career.

This is a total punt, but he seems to be financially stable with a young family so will want to be local, and you would imagine he has a career ahead in broadcasting (seems like a perfect candidate for punditry on sky) alongside Horse Racing, which he is clearly massively passionate about. If he is just looking to enjoy the last few years of his playing career (he will be 33 at the start of next season) why not the club that gave him his big start?? You would imagine in reality bigger clubs, such as Wednesday or Sunderland would be a good fit, but I don't reckon he will want to go further north than Watford. Again i'm 95-98% sure it won't happen, but with this club at the moment, you never know!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45542 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 09:18:55 »

Knowing Swindon we will sign him on big money (for Swindon), totally bugger up the budget for next year and he will do and ACL or pop his shoulder in the first game and that will be that!

If he wants to play out his career locally I would imagine there are 2-3 clubs who would pay more than us and offer a higher level of football than us.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #45543 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 09:22:02 »

Nobody thought we would sign a current international player this season after his release by a team in a higher league with a poor injury record.

A player who just wanted to play for a manager and club that appreciated him ignoring the division we are in at the expense of other higher division clubs that offered him more in wages than we did.

Weirder things have happened, its not like he needs the wages after 6 seasons in the Premiership and 8 in the Championship on good wages.

I would welcome him back, a half fit Austin would score goals for fun in L2 (or L1).

He’s a modern QPR legend, it’s a shame this news wasn’t confirmed earlier so he could say goodbye to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium properly.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-chief-pens-emotional-response-to-charlie-austins-parting-message/
It remains to be seen what Austin’s next step will be but judging from some of his performances this season, he could be a shrewd signing for a League One or League Two club and prove particularly effective if he is well managed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #45544 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:03:21 »

Nobody thought we would sign a current international player this season after his release by a team in a higher league with a poor injury record.

A player who just wanted to play for a manager and club that appreciated him ignoring the division we are in at the expense of other higher division clubs that offered him more in wages than we did.

Weirder things have happened, its not like he needs the wages after 6 seasons in the Premiership and 8 in the Championship on good wages.

I would welcome him back, a half fit Austin would score goals for fun in L2 (or L1).

I agree.

Wouldn't fit our 'style' nor our budget. Much like Simon Cox, lets remember that magical time when they were banging in goals for us and find 'the next' rather that going back for a 'Pork Pie Pele'.

Not all do.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45545 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:26:26 »

It's down to Austin really

we can't afford market value, simple as
Peter Venkman

« Reply #45546 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 10:42:36 »

It's down to Austin really

we can't afford market value, simple as
Absolutely, no chance we will pay what he has been getting, but to be at a club where he is loved and getting a regular weekly wage might be enough, and close to his family home too (not his current home of course).

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #45547 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 11:09:22 »

Absolutely, no chance we will pay what he has been getting, but to be at a club where he is loved and getting a regular weekly wage might be enough, and close to his family home too (not his current home of course).

His kids are definitely still local - I already mentioned my lad ended up playing with his lad at Roves Farm during the Easter fair.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #45548 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 11:11:34 »

Cian Harris released by Rovers, Garner knows him and fits the bill, ball playing Welsh U21 international CB.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #45549 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 11:14:38 »

i thought he lived in Hungerford?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45550 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 11:17:56 »

Agreed, albeit I would add 'with service', its not like we have been missing loads of sitters this season?

Is close to his family home a good thing, on that basis mine is Witney and I have no wish to be back near that!  Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #45551 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 11:25:48 »

i thought he lived in Hungerford?
Not when he was at Southampton.

https://www.wtfoot.com/player/charlie-austin/

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #45552 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 11:43:03 »

Not when he was at Southampton.

https://www.wtfoot.com/player/charlie-austin/

That website is fucking creepy.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #45553 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 11:44:33 »

That website is fucking creepy.
Cheesy it just came up on google as I know he lived nearer Southampton when he played for them.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #45554 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:26:40 »

So, I think we would all like Charlie Austin to come back and bang goals in for fun in L1 or L2. But, we all realise the club can't afford him. I wish it didn't hurt to dream, but my experience is that it does. As you feel hurt when the dream doesn't come true!

« Last Edit: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:28:47 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 3034 3035 3036 [3037] 3038 3039 3040 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: