Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 2997 ... 4012   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9218090 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #44895 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 10:42:59 »

I hope whatever happens the exact reason for him getting frozen out comes out when he’s gone, especially if he goes to the Vegans or Exeter. That would make a bit of a mockery of the whole not being good enough to make the squad line that has been peddled by Garner.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44896 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 10:59:07 »

I wish the club would stop announcing new commercial partnerships on Twitter starting 'Swindon Town are delighted to announce an exciting' which is all that appears on my phone notification so I think incoming signing and instead its Padel Tennis.....

Haha I love that the club do that. It gets all the wallies on twitter frothing at the mouth!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44897 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:10:08 »

I wish the club would stop announcing new commercial partnerships on Twitter starting 'Swindon Town are delighted to announce an exciting' which is all that appears on my phone notification so I think incoming signing and instead its Padel Tennis.....

I thought you were taking the piss then just saying the most random thing you could think of.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #44898 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:16:27 »

Scunthorpe were poor when I saw them a couple of weeks ago.  They would benefit from having a Grant type player (performing at a level from a couple of years ago).

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44899 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:18:35 »

Scunthorpe were poor when I saw them a couple of weeks ago.  They would benefit from having a Grant type player (performing at a level from a couple of years ago).

Indeed, or Colchester who are the other team interested. Not sure where FGR or Exeter have come from but I highly doubt they would be interested, unless they see him as a potential future coach should he desire to go down that route when he hangs up his boots.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44900 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:23:38 »

Swindon Town would benefit from having a Grant type player performing at a level from a couple of years ago, however the powers that be potentially think that the Grant we have is not capable of performing at a level from a couple of years ago.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #44901 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:24:07 »

I hope whatever happens the exact reason for him getting frozen out comes out when he’s gone, especially if he goes to the Vegans or Exeter. That would make a bit of a mockery of the whole not being good enough to make the squad line that has been peddled by Garner.
So I assume if he joins the 2nd worse team in the league Garner was ok to not play him based on that logic.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44902 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:27:35 »

Grant deserves a better team than Scunthorpe whether hes in form or not, hes far better than they are.

Indeed, or Colchester who are the other team interested. Not sure where FGR or Exeter have come from but I highly doubt they would be interested, unless they see him as a potential future coach should he desire to go down that route when he hangs up his boots.
FGR and Exeter have made contact with his agent but Colchester have not AFAIK so have 2 other teams not mentioned but apparently Scunny are the only ones to have made an actual bid so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #44903 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:32:33 »

Swindon Town would benefit from having a Grant type player performing at a level from a couple of years ago, however the powers that be potentially think that the Grant we have is not capable of performing at a level from a couple of years ago.

Yes

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44904 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:54:45 »

Grant deserves a better team than Scunthorpe whether hes in form or not, hes far better than they are.
FGR and Exeter have made contact with his agent but Colchester have not AFAIK so have 2 other teams not mentioned but apparently Scunny are the only ones to have made an actual bid so far.

Thing is his contract runs out in the summer, what use is he going to be next season to us if he has been of little use this season? So IMHO let the man go and in that maybe the club have said you can go and any hiatus is the terms with Scunny, loan or free transfer? Wages shouldn’t be a problem but then again he may be after more than just five months at £1300* per week. * One assumes he is on the full sack we can pay?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44905 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 12:00:12 »

Oh Grant will leave he would be silly staying even if hes on more money than if he leaves us ro sign for a divisional rival, I still think theres plenty of life left in the old dog yet even if Garner doesn't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44906 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 12:33:34 »

Looks like Simpson is playing hard ball

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/529038/tyreece-simpson-update/#71
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #44907 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 12:40:00 »

Genuinely find their fans lack of empathy or understanding as to why Simpson wont entertain a new deal staggering. There's a real lack of pathway for him to the first team and their recruitment approach since their takeover is to sign championship level strikers, which is what they did with Bonne and Pigott. What chance does he stand against thos proven names. Don't blame him at all for not wanting to commit.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44908 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 13:03:34 »

One comment stood out for me

‘He’s Gone down in my estimation now I’m afraid . Yet another example of a young player thinking they’re bigger than the club and forgetting who it was that has got them to where they are now.’

Yeah, it was us who got him where he is now. He’s done way better than Ipswich expected and that’s down to Garner and the whole club.

I still don’t understand contract extensions being triggered. So, if Simpson refuses to a sign a new contract and Ipswich trigger the 1 Year extension, under what terms would Simpson remain at Ipswich - the same as he is on now or the contract they want him to sign?
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #44909 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 13:17:39 »

Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 2389 views   clive_baker

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

Why would a young player who is doing moderately well in a League 2 team not want to commit his future to a club that has attracted Premier League and Championship players under very ambitious owners?

Got to be a girl, it's the only explanation.

I think he's probably just had a bit of smoke blown up his ar5e in Swindon and thoroughly enjoyed it, so wants a move there permanently. Who knows, he might have met someone off the pitch who he wants to be near. Could be any number of reasons really that he doesn't want to commit to staying at Ipswich longer than his current deal.   

Poll:   How do you feel about the statistical and analytical side of football?
Blog:   [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:21 - Jan 28 with 2388 views   abracaDOBRA_

Just noticed he's taken ITFC out of his bio, unfollowed the club and deleted all ITFC related photos. Yes i know, stalker.   

Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 2997 ... 4012   Go Up
Print
Jump to: