Pages: 1 ... 2971 2972 2973 [2974] 2975 2976 2977 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8937771 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44595 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 09:34:48 »

Could play 3 up front  Smiley
Besides, the McK can play right wing.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44596 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 09:53:45 »

yes Jimmy. but the point is a club is going to be very reluctant to loan us a forward who isn't going to get much game time.

and we aren't going to buy one.

so it's either get lucky with a club in loan market, or a free agent of one exists. ...

Just saying that's what we need "in my opinion" whether we can get what's needed remains to be seen.

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44597 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 10:24:01 »

Could play 3 up front  Smiley
Besides, the McK can play right wing.

He could but I think he's so much more influential in the centre. His strength is the ability to turn midfielders either way and run at goal and I just don't think he can do that as much from the wing. I wouldn't be opposed to Barry and McKirdy or Archer and McKirdy - Simpson could still play his part but in some games it's been dying out for someone who can run the channels and for whatever reason Simpson doesn't look like the man who can do that consistently.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44598 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 10:53:00 »

Just saying that's what we need "in my opinion" whether we can get what's needed remains to be seen.

yeah,  I doubt you'll get many that disagree!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44599 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 10:57:08 »

yeah,  I doubt you'll get many that disagree!

Who would be a football manager😀

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #44600 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 11:24:09 »

yes Jimmy. but the point is a club is going to be very reluctant to loan us a forward who isn't going to get much game time.

and we aren't going to buy one.

so it's either get lucky with a club in loan market, or a free agent of one exists. ...
It will be down to Barry or whoever though to displace one of them i suppose. McKirdy will rarely last 90 mins and in an ideal world we can do with taking Simpson off when he is having a stinker or switching it up at times. As we have rightly said at times is Garner has no plan b but he has not had the personnel to try it either
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44601 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 11:26:05 »

yeah, if the parent club are happy in those terms then that's great.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44602 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 11:33:23 »

It will be down to Barry or whoever though to displace one of them i suppose. McKirdy will rarely last 90 mins and in an ideal world we can do with taking Simpson off when he is having a stinker or switching it up at times. As we have rightly said at times is Garner has no plan b but he has not had the personnel to try it either

Good points Shrivvy

So, give no fucks
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #44603 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 12:19:37 »

It can’t be a bad thing to have competition in that position especially with risk of injuries and McKirdy’S inevitable suspensions due to yellow card accrual.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44604 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 13:33:37 »

I think PV mentioned before that he is a huge Town fan (Season ticket holder I think) and was part of our academy structure historically before being signed by WBA. I know PV has linked him before on here and can probably fill you in better.
You are indeed correct, not 100% certain about the lad himself but I understand his dad and family are all big Town fans, was at Swindon as a youth before going to Cirencester where he was spotted by WBA.

We have long been known to be admirers of Rayhaan Tulloch the WBA striker/winger too and tried to sign him last season after Chorley scouted him but he chose Doncaster over us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44605 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 15:11:00 »

Who would be a football manager😀

Everyone on here who has a Play Station…
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #44606 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 18:33:57 »

I know we all think we need another ‘striker’ but Garner wouldn’t drop Simpson, he won’t play 2 straight strikers, can’t drop McKirdy and any club loaning us such a player would expect him to play.

Dilemma

Why wouldn't he drop Simpson? this is a results business, there's no room for sentiment here. If we can find a better Striker, we should absolutely take him and not look back. We need to do what's best for Swindon not Ipswich Town.

Simpson has done *ok* but he is by no means irreplaceable. If he was 26 and not 19 many would be calling for an immediate upgrade. His age and inexperience gives him a lot of leeway which I completely understand, but I'm selfish and want somebody who is ready now, not in 3 years.

This probably sounds like a real dig at Simpson but it's really not. He has done well for his first season and no doubt has a big part to play. I just don't think a 19 year old should be our main and only traditional centre forward. He needs competition. Staying loyal to an *ok* striker who doesn't even belong to us is bordering on naivety to me.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #44607 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 18:51:19 »

Why wouldn't he drop Simpson? this is a results business, there's no room for sentiment here. If we can find a better Striker, we should absolutely take him and not look back. We need to do what's best for Swindon not Ipswich Town.

Simpson has done *ok* but he is by no means irreplaceable. If he was 26 and not 19 many would be calling for an immediate upgrade. His age and inexperience gives him a lot of leeway which I completely understand, but I'm selfish and want somebody who is ready now, not in 3 years.

This probably sounds like a real dig at Simpson but it's really not. He has done well for his first season and no doubt has a big part to play. I just don't think a 19 year old should be our main and only traditional centre forward. He needs competition. Staying loyal to an *ok* striker who doesn't even belong to us is bordering on naivety to me.
Whilst i do understand what you mean the potential replacements we are looking at are less experienced than Simpson in league football
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44608 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 19:15:46 »

As an ex sales professional I can tell you there is a clear distinction between ‘want’ and ‘need’. It may be obvious, well it is, however, they often get confused in the heat of the ‘arguement.

1) Q. Do we want one? A. Yes. Q. Why? A. ?

2) Q. Do we need one? A. ?

Question one is easy to answer with a yes or indeed a no but invariably ends up being answered with ‘because’.

Question two IMHO is a trickier question to answer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44609 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 23:44:38 »

Why wouldn't he drop Simpson?

…because he scores goals hth
Pages: 1 ... 2971 2972 2973 [2974] 2975 2976 2977 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: