Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 2890 ... 3978   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8993164 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #43290 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:53:21 »

Official account suggesting signing(s) are about to be announced

You mean Twitter?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #43291 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:54:59 »

AO - AO!! Signs!!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #43292 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:57:49 »

Odimayo and Payne are probably the only two I would've kept at the end of the season so pretty happy with that.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #43293 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 09:59:19 »

Odimayo and Payne are probably the only two I would've kept at the end of the season so pretty happy with that.

... and both players I'd assumed would be gone. Very, very happy to see both still in a Town shirt!

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #43294 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:04:53 »

Great news. Tons of raw ability and potential in that kid, even if he isn’t the finished article yet. A season in League Two should be excellent for his development.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #43295 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:07:50 »

I would have done everything to have kept one of them. The other could be good in L2. I like the fact he tries, but wouldn't have been upset if he'd gone and we used the wage differently.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #43296 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:07:57 »

This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #43297 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:12:14 »

I don’t have sky so not seen the piece, however, I’d suggest that everything publicly will be understated and reek of keeping a lid on expectations and true intentions, as it should. So even though I am trying to keep calm on my own expectations it is it hard to be anything but optimistic and extremely positive. I cannot help but think that we may just do considerably better than expected and will indeed surprise a number of people and teams this season. I do concur that we may get out the blocks in a sluggish fashion and then find our stride with the January window being pivotal. Playoffs. There I’ve said it now.
Bolton did last year after being in the bottom 3 at Christmas,  anything is possible !!. (Especially with the Odimayo/Payne news).   COYR COYR

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43298 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:18:44 »

Bolton did last year after being in the bottom 3 at Christmas,  anything is possible !!. (Especially with the Odimayo/Payne news).   COYR COYR
Bolton were actually 14th on Boxing Day. Grimsby, Stevenage and Southend were bottom 3.

Bolton left the bottom 3 in September after just 4 games.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #43299 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:21:49 »

Bolton were actually 14th on Boxing Day. Grimsby, Stevenage and Southend were bottom 3.

Bolton left the bottom 3 in September after just 4 games.
Sorry, stand corrected !!, Thought it was Christmas,  Still going to piss this league though !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #43300 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:34:40 »

So, what with the Villa lad joining, where's Odimayo going to play? CB?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #43301 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:39:01 »

Absolutely CB. We will need another CB as well as we know that Conroy, and possibly Baudry will miss a chunk of the season due to injury.

I would love a right nasty bastard of a CB, but probably doesn't fit the model/plan.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43302 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:39:27 »

I’ve always thought he looked good as a CM.

The fact he can play anywhere along the back line as well is a massive plus.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43303 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:42:39 »

Well the Villa lad can play anywhere down the right side of the pitch, maybe we will play him as a wide midfielder with Mayo sat in behind him?

You can never have too many bodies, I personally prefer Odimayo as a right back but he looked comfortable at CB too, so with Conroys fitness not quite at the right level yet I can see us starting with Baudry and Odimayo as out CB pairing on Saturday with either Iandolo or Hunt at LB..

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #43304 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:45:40 »

Well the Villa lad can play anywhere down the right side of the pitch, maybe we will play him as a wide midfielder with Mayo sat in behind him?

You can never have too many bodies, I personally prefer Odimayo as a right back but he looked comfortable at CB too, so with Conroys fitness not quite at the right level yet I can see us starting with Baudry and Odimayo as out CB pairing on Saturday with either Iandolo or Hunt at LB..

The second half of the last friendly was 5 at the back. So can see all three playing with Iandolo/Villa lad as wing backs.

We are really short in central midfield at the moment (Gladwin/payne being a little more forward than regular midfielders, and Lyden being out. Fingers crossed for a couple to join before Sat, but 5 at the back reduces the midfielders needed a little.
Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 2890 ... 3978   Go Up
Print
Jump to: