Pages: 1 ... 863 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 ... 4031   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9279710 times)
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #12975 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 14:36:46 »

I agree with all of that. Collins actually battled for the ball and was easily our best striker yesterday (and I think in general, though he has his ineffective games)

During a period of complete hoofball from often unmarked Town players, I noted Collins as being one of the few players to regularly bring the ball down under control onto the ground. The others could learn a thing or two from that.

At 22 he is a cracking player for us, and with the right team around he could do well.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #12976 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 15:22:32 »

Not sure i want rooney to sign, hardly the goalscorer we need is he

For minutes he's played his average is 1 goal every 2 games.

So yes, yes he is.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #12977 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:23:19 »

Eventually watched the second half and extra time on TV after returning from the game and Collins looked far better that I thought (as I hate being behind the goal as the game is compressed too much). His first touch and work rate was excellent and looked the player I hoped he would be, and his reaction to his penalty said a lot as well.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12978 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:27:19 »

Eventually watched the second half and extra time on TV after returning from the game and Collins looked far better that I thought (as I hate being behind the goal as the game is compressed too much). His first touch and work rate was excellent and looked the player I hoped he would be, and his reaction to his penalty said a lot as well.
But why is our top scorer left on the bench regularly?  Did KMac have a problem with him when he was in the youths at Villa?
Dozno9

« Reply #12979 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:41:14 »

For minutes he's played his average is 1 goal every 2 games.

So yes, yes he is.

What do you mean 'for minutes'? His appearances total (sub and starting) is 10 goals in 34 appearances 1:3.

Still quite good mind.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #12980 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 16:48:44 »

What do you mean 'for minutes'? His appearances total (sub and starting) is 10 goals in 34 appearances 1:3.

Still quite good mind.

Amount of minutes played, I imagine. 1:3 (based on appearances) still not to be sniffed at.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12981 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 17:00:31 »

I may be entirely making this up, but didn't he get injured earlier in the season colliding with a keeper and since has lost his nerve at any form of physical challenge?

Nope you're right and I think that was the turning point. He looks scared to make challenges etc now.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #12982 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 17:03:51 »

Nope you're right and I think that was the turning point. He looks scared to make challenges etc now.

He needs to sit down and watch Days of Thunder
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12983 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 17:35:50 »

I think Rooney is the weaker of our 3/4 strikers.  For me Collins and Williams are the best 2, albeit Williams is short on confidence at the moment.

Rooney has a shite first touch, but maybe the best we can expect to get this summer.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12984 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 17:39:19 »

How does Paul Bensons goals to minutes/games ratio match with Rooneys?

Bensons a limited player but a finisher is a finisher.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #12985 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:29:09 »

Anyone who saw Benson in the play offs won't want him back in a hurry. Past it I'm afraid.

Rooney is decent. If we go into next season with this set of strikers I will be delighted. Let's face it, we are unlikely to go out and spend money on a proven goalscorer. Given a regular run Collins would get 20 goals - just hope he isn't flogged.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12986 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:32:19 »

Thought Benson had a good game for Cheltenham at their place. He's (pun intended) head and shoulders above anyone else we have in the air. I think he'd have been a good option to have.

Whether his legs have gone/up for another full season remains to be seen.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #12987 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:51:07 »

I too am a fan of Benson. We'd have won a lot more games since his January loan move, with him in and around the box, that's for sure.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12988 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:55:58 »

Benson isn't good enough for league one. When he played he was useless in the air in this league and his legs have gone. He's league two at best now.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12989 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 19:56:43 »

Thought Benson had a good game for Cheltenham at their place. He's (pun intended) head and shoulders above anyone else we have in the air. I think he'd have been a good option to have.

Whether his legs have gone/up for another full season remains to be seen.

The commentator (I think it was Don Goodman), was full of praise for Benson.

The thing that you noticed with him, was his movement in and around the box that created space for himself.   If for no other reason that he could be a great role model for the younger strikers I would be pleased to see him back next season.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 ... 4031   Go Up
Print
Jump to: