Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who Series 30 ( I think)  (Read 12133 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 19:22:12 »

Oh man!

Do I want spoilers?

No I'll wait..........

/
W56196272
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 19:49:47 »

I tried to lip read what "he " said to Rose, but only managed to make "the chuffer" No wonder she jumped him.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 19:52:58 »

He probably said "Why have you looked so bored for the last three episodes"
sonic youth

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 21:20:57 »

and "why are you speaking like a bulldog chewing on a wasp?"

best series finale evarrrrrrr.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 11:44:01 »

Really got back into it this series and agree that last nights episode was brilliant.

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 11:54:02 »

just bought series 1-3 on dvd  Oops
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 11:55:31 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Nemo"
EXTERMENIEREN!

not very PC was it!

pure genius!
flammableBen

« Reply #112 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 21:25:11 »

There's a Torchwood radio play on Radio 4 at 2.15pm on Wednesday. Sort of marking the Large Hadron Collider thingy getting turned on I think. Torchwood tends to be a bit shit but as I've managed to stick with it so far I figured I'd probably give it a listen.

It'll be on the BBC Radio iPlayer thingy after it's aired I believe. 
flammableBen

« Reply #113 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 20:58:11 »

I'm halfway through watching The Tomb of the Cybermen. I think Patrick Troughton is my new favourite Doctor. He's fucking ace.

His companion Victoria isn't bad on the eyes.
flammableBen

« Reply #114 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 22:26:35 »

I've still got an episode left but I highly recommend The Tomb of the Cybermen to anybody who fancies a bit of old Who. It's really good.

I watched a Pertwee effort this morning, the first one with The Master, Terror of the Autons. Tomb of the Cybermen, despite being a fair bit older, actually feels much more modern. Even though the Cybermen and special effects are a bit ropey, the whole thing holds together much better. The characters are stronger, there's a good cast of non-companion people about who are good or evil for interesting reasons, not just for the sake of a villian/hero.

PT himself is ace too. I guess he must have influenced Tennent a bit because their are similarities. He's got the air of intelligence about him, but is less arrogant then DT. He seems willing to be a bit more manipulative and play the coward a bit. Yet he's still shows an affection for his companions, but just not in the super gay modern pretend love interest way.

Anyhoo. I'm not sure anybody really cares, but I have nowhere else to rant about Doctor Who so you lot have to put up with it you cunts.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #115 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 22:53:43 »

Tom Baker still rules. Patrick Troughton was ace thuogh. The Master is a real good baddy.
flammableBen

« Reply #116 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 23:08:58 »

Baker is ace and is obviously who a lot of people think of when Doctor Who is mentioned. Genesis of the Daleks is one of the best (maybe the best) Doctor Who serials, it gets a lot of hype, but it really is awesome. I think one of the problems with T.Baker is that he did it for too long, from what I've seen (and I haven't watched nearly as much as I'd like to get around too), towards the end of his run it goes a bit stale. Still, I suppose the length of his run as the Doctor is why he's considered by many as the definitive incarnation.

I'm hoping that the rumours are true and we see more of Paul McGann's doctor in one of the specials. New Who has left a lot open with what happened between him and the Eccleston, whilst hinting at some awesome sounding timewar stuff. The TV Movie wasn't great, but I've always thought that McGann would have been a good doctor given a proper series. Some sort of flashback episode would be fucking ace.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #117 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 23:18:46 »

Don't rate McCan and the TV movie was excruciatingly so bad that I was surprised the series was brought back. From the earlier stuff Dr Who and the Sea Devils is rather excellent. I can remember it first time around. The Genesis if the Darleks from memory was excellent.
flammableBen

« Reply #118 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 23:38:42 »

He's done quite a few radio plays as the 8th doctor, although I've never managed to catch one all the way through or gotten round to downloading them. They're supposed to be quite good. I agree that the telly movie is pretty horendous, although it's been a long time since I've seen it. Might have to watch it again.

I actually change my mind on whether it would be ace to see what happened between the 8th and 9th doctor. They reference it occasionally in the new stuff and make it sound awesome. Maybe it should be left as that, a reference two massive galactic super powers falling in flames, the doctor being forced to sacrafice his own race too destroy the threat of the daleks, but you never actually see it. I'm not sure, the more they come up with excuses to bring the daleks back in the new episodes the more it cheapens it. I think I'd quite like to see it, but then if they didn't do it well I'd be pissed off.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 00:10:20 »

The McCan radio plays are rubbish,well the ones ive listen to are.To twee and 1940's esqe for my tastes.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: