Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trescothick announces england retirement  (Read 2106 times)
sonic youth

« on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 13:42:49 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7309556.stm

tis a shame but not a surprise.at least it gives us time to properly plan for the future without the uncertainty over trescothick.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 14:54:52 »

Good player, but right to rule out the return as it gives him more room to recover.

The guy's not right and he needs to sort his health out as a priority, and continual talk of an England return can't help.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 16:15:54 »

Very disappointed, we miss him all forms of the game (not to mention his slip fielding too) but he's been an excellent servant.

Somerset's gain though, I can see us making a decent fist of it at last in county championship. Our batting lineup is glorious.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 16:28:14 »

On the Somerset front, is Matthew Wood half as good as he is for me on ICC 3? He's got a first class average of about 80 Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 16:36:09 »

Didn't get a look in at all last season really on account of langer and tres opening the batting, cam white batting up the order, hildreth coming of age and previously bit-part players like pete trego and neil edwards scoring runs.

I think he knew his time was up so fair play to him for getting a good deal up at notts. He's certainly a better player than the low 30's his average suggests he is.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 13:19:15 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Very disappointed, we miss him all forms of the game (not to mention his slip fielding too) but he's been an excellent servant.

Somerset's gain though, I can see us making a decent fist of it at last in county championship. Our batting lineup is glorious.

Agree with that. He's still massively missed because he sets such a superb tempo. His innings on the 1st day of the 2nd test at edgbaston in 2005 changed the ashes
Scot Munroe

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 17:32:36 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "DMR"

Agree with that. He's still massively missed because he sets such a superb tempo. His innings on the 1st day of the 2nd test at edgbaston in 2005 changed the ashes

He will be missed in the ODI as well. I remember a knock against Pakistan at the oval in 2003 we were chasing 188 i think. Anderson just got a hat-trick. Akthar bowling at the speed of light and Tres just battered him all over the park. Tres hit 85 off 47 balls. Also in the decider he made a brilliant hundred batting with Chris Read in the lower order and we won the game. Regarding that Australia game i remember costantly peppering that Cover boundary in the 1st session off Lee, Kasprowicz, Dizzy and Warne. He will be sorely missed.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 22:00:43 »

Brilliant player who played like the asian players do....without fear of getting out,played his natural game...am glad hes playing on with Somerset.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: