Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Champs League  (Read 8576 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:29:08 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i dont blame the ref for tonights pen as there was contact and a bit of pulling, infact its a 50/50 decision.
but the one last week was a fucking disgrace as the ref had a perfect view of it.

Personally,didn't see any pulling-just saw two players colliding

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:30:36 »

fabregas looked to have a bit of a pull on the shirt.but the foul was awarded against toure(who i thought was awesome tonight)so it was a bit of a strange call
DMR

« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:33:21 »

Arriba - I have no interest in either team so this is totally unbiased... if you think Arsenal had the better of it you're mad mate, it was entirely Liverpool from 12 minutes onwards. Definite pen too, Toure looks good for spells but has mental moments.

That said, the Walcott run deserved to win the tie all on it's own, when that boy comes good he'll be wonderful for England. Superb entertainment tonight, shame the pub was full of wannbe-scousers.
lebowski

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:37:47 »

Senderos is a bit of a donkey yes?

Walcott is not that good either. Let's have it right.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:39:01 »

the missed chance by adebayor,the fuck up by eboe when he should have pulled the ball back,a debateable pen,the total dominace leading to the first goal and for a fair period after would all point to it not being a cut and dried arguement.
liverpool did alright and thats not in question but arsenal can feel hard done by and i thought over the two games were the better team.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:39:25 »

Was a great game tonight. I'll admit I wanted Liverpool to win, but I honestly think they had the better of the game tonight after a shocking first 20 minutes or so. I'd say it was a penalty. Toure was behind the guy and made contact with him. Over the two legs it is a bit harsh on Arsenal to go out, but they had chances last week and tonight and wasted them.

The semi-final can only be a massive anti-climax after that game!
DMR

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:46:56 »

It's proper funny how Arsenal have totally fucked their season up in a few days  Cool
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:47:58 »

the missed chance by adebayor,the fuck up by eboe when he should have pulled the ball back,a debateable pen,the total dominace leading to the first goal and for a fair period after would all point to it not being a cut and dried arguement.
liverpool did alright and thats not in question but arsenal can feel hard done by and i thought over the two games were the better team.

The fuck up by Eboue is all just part of his natural game.  How Wenger is blind to that mans ineptitude is beyond me, especially given the talent some of the alternatives have.

Thought it was fairly even but Arsenal seemed much less potent than they did in the early part of the season.  Seem to be losing steam at the wrong time for them really.
lebowski

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:50:11 »

They haven't been the same since they got tonked 5-1 by, who was it, Spurs?

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 21:58:56 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

The fuck up by Eboue is all just part of his natural game.  How Wenger is blind to that mans ineptitude is beyond me, especially given the talent some of the alternatives have.

Thought it was fairly even but Arsenal seemed much less potent than they did in the early part of the season.  Seem to be losing steam at the wrong time for them really.

fair points.long seasons taking its toll imo.
lets not forget nobody expected arsenal to do what they have this year.losing rosicky and van persie were major blows.

and to lebowski. milan away!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 10:57:02 »

Penalty was about as clear as they get. Not that it would make any difference anyway, it's not like they won on away goals they won by two clear goals. Liverpool are a better team than Arsenal and deserve to be in the semi finals again. It was an amazing run by Walcott but you don't concede four goals playing well.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 11:13:36 »

Fabregas looked exhausted last night . Arsenals season is over so wenger should rest him now .

I read at the weekend he has played nearly 200 games already at his age  :shock:
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 15:16:20 »

Penalty was extremely harsh I think. Fabregas does have a tug of the arm earlier on and Babel is trying desperately to get into the box and fall over. Toure only touches him with his stomach and even then it's more like Babel trying to hit him than any actual challenge.

Overall, for all the pretty football that Arsenal played and all the chances they had, they really should have buried Liverpool and why Toure was shifted to right back and Senderos brought in is beyond me. Should have started Walcott, with Eboue at RB and Toure at CB to keep pace with Torres.

Adebayor isn't good enough for Arsenal to win things. Maybe he'll be better with Van Persie alongside him all the time, but maybe he's just not that good at scoring.

Arsenal need a striker, a winger and a commanding centre back. Liverpool have been extremely lucky over the past few years with decisions going for them but they're a team of grafters with Gerrard and Torres. Not sure they'll ever mount a serious title challenge but cup ties suit them.

THought the ref last night was pretty poor overall. In fact European refs seem to be just as turd as our own.

never trust a nun...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 15:34:49 »

Babel was already in the box when he was being tugged. I thought the cumulative effect of the tugging and beign run into was enough to knock him down.

Why should a player get away with pulling someone's shirt if it's against the rules?

Why do so many town fans also 'support' Arsenal? You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 17:48:56 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Senderos is a bit of a donkey yes?

Walcott is not that good either. Let's have it right.

Cool

And let me tell you, if this donkey had been playing for Liverpool, Walcott would've ended up on his arse.  I always make a point of fouling the quick young players (mainly because I'm jealous, of course).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: