Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Why are we being so negative...?"  (Read 22709 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 23:11:26 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
It's not just Swindon, the whole nation has descended into a nightmare realm of negativity. Everybody is so used to constantly being told that everything is shit that we now just accept it and skip straight to the stage where we look for someone to blame.

I blame the tabloids... oh shit.
Soapy Tit Wank
SwindonStevo

« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 23:13:40 »

im not a massive fan of Byrne but i thought the football was a lot more positive under him. Malpases record is far worse than Bryne and he had about three games where the takeover was happening and the players didnt get paid to deal with.

the fans will be negative if the football is malpas. simple fucking answer.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 23:16:36 »

Quote from: "SwindonStevo"
im not a massive fan of Byrne but i thought the football was a lot more positive under him. Malpases record is far worse than Bryne and he had about three games where the takeover was happening and the players didnt get paid to deal with.

the fans will be negative if the football is malpas. simple fucking answer.

I agree about the football. It was equally as ineffective though, if you look at the points gained per game.

If we're going to do the whole 'if he stayed in charge' scenario, we'd have less than 2 points extra under Byrne
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 10:04:34 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "SwindonStevo"
when your one win in ten and you need a result you dont play three or more players out of position.

Also play one of your best wingers in central midfield and  then have the nerve to complain about the standard of the crosses coming in....particlary as you also had a guy whos played central midfield all his life out on the right.

i just get the impression we could get relegated this year and some people will still say we have 'been unlucky' and to give him another six months.

If we were to go down I'm pretty sure everybody would be pretty pissed off with Malpas and with the players. The reason some people are being conservative now is because we are not going to get relegated.
This is due to other teams and point deductionS though not because of great managment
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 13:07:27 »

We may have played games against some of the top sides but this league has shown that anyone can beat anyone on their day as it is so open, so what people are saying is that because we have played "top sides" we should not expect to win those games.

BOLLOCKS

MM has stuck to a formation that has seen JP play in the centre with Easton pushed to the right, neither player have played really well there, surely you play to a system that suits the players you have

On Sat he drops Jack Smith who has been playing reasonably well recently who he knows full well will have to come back into the side for the next 2 games to cover for suspension

1 win in 10 games regardless of the opposition is not a good record

The manager picks the team, the manager picks the tactics the buck stops with the manager.

Maybe Malpas needs to have a look in the mirror and have a good think about things and then come back and try and install some passion and urgency into his players.

I am on record as stating I will judge him at the end of the season, and nothing so fas has changed my opinion of that.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 13:33:52 »

I dont buy all this "managers should instil passion into the players" lark.Passion from players should be a given.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 13:40:02 »

Quote from: "adje"
I dont buy all this "managers should instil passion into the players" lark.Passion from players should be a given.

Couldn't agree more its like those who say Malpas cant motivate players no one motivates me to do my job so why should they cop out when they have a shit game and blame a manager for not inspiring them.  Personally the fact I was paid to play football in front of thousands of people would be enough to motivate me every game but lets all blame Malpas because the players are clearly doing a great job  :roll:
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 13:43:42 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "adje"

Couldn't agree more its like those who say Malpas cant motivate players no one motivates me to do my job so why should they cop out when they have a shit game and blame a manager for not inspiring them.  Personally the fact I was paid to play football in front of thousands of people would be enough to motivate me every game but lets all blame Malpas because the players are clearly doing a great job  :roll:
Ok lets put it another way maybe the manager can demotivate players like maybe taking them out of the squad and putting them back in for no reason or playing them out of position then moaning that no crosses are coming in the box

What do you think?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 13:52:16 »

I think it I was taken out the squad it would give me the kick up the butt to go in and prove I belonged in the team next time I was given the chance.  As far as playing out of position as long as your in the team thats all that should matter and Commingues has proved this as he put in decent shifts at left back at times.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:30:25 »

I mean Andy Nicholas and Jack smith in particular, it gave smith a kick up the ass then he dropped him to accommodate Vincent for fucksake, that decision alone deserves sacking Wink
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:39:14 »

Surely if you agruments sake you are losing 2-0 at half time then it is down to the manager to give the team talk and try and motivate and fure up his players to want to go out there play out of the skins to win the game.

Agreed some managers seem to be able to do this and some don't, at times after the way we have played in 2nd halves I wonder if Malpas has sat them down and give them a cuppa and a copy of the Beano to read and sent them back out there  Cheesy
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:45:24 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Surely if you agruments sake you are losing 2-0 at half time then it is down to the manager to give the team talk and try and motivate and fure up his players to want to go out there play out of the skins to win the game.

Agreed some managers seem to be able to do this and some don't, at times after the way we have played in 2nd halves I wonder if Malpas has sat them down and give them a cuppa and a copy of the Beano to read and sent them back out there  Cheesy

Well some may argue we were 2-0 down away to Tranmere in the first half of the last game and we then got 1 back in the 2nd half and should of got an equaliser, that would suggest he can get the players to fight / play for him, as they did when down to 9 men in the Huddersfield game when we were hanging on for dear life.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 16:11:39 »

Re. the Easton and McGovern switch, I do find it strange but Easton's scoring goals on the right side, so will Malpas get credit for that? Works both ways.

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 16:15:46 »

scoring goals is irrelivant if you are losing matches.both players would be happier in their original postitions
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 16:19:13 »

Quote from: "arriba"
scoring goals is irrelivant if you are losing matches.both players would be happier in their original postitions

Who cares whether there happy would they be as effective? arguably McGoverns been cack on the right for a long time and Easton didn't have as much impact in the centre since his return from injury so cant see too much wrong with this switch.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: