Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loan players  (Read 4717 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 13:04:02 »

oh, and if we go down the route of using youth I;d like the club to say it's a strategy out in public, so the fans know why.  Then we as fans should do our bit and support the little fellas knowing they may not win every game.  If we can 1 or 2, like Allen, that push on and stake a real claim for a place then we'll the better for it.  If we crush the poor sods confidence straight away we'll be waiting another couple of years for any homegrown talent to come through and potentially changing Manager more often than Fulham and Newcastle combined.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 16:08:13 »

Think it might be worth looking at a loan now if Allen is out for any period of time. We're down to bare bones in the middle of the park. There's still no point in going out and just signing anybody to please Fatbury though
fatbury

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 16:09:10 »

maybe if we had a manager with contacts it might help

i never realised how good Sturrock was till now ...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 16:23:13 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
maybe if we had a manager with contacts it might help

i never realised how good Sturrock was till now ...

Yeah Sturrock was ace. All the players he bought in last year were amazing. Barry Corr who has been out injured more than he has played, Blair Sturrock who is so prolific in front of goal he shouldn't be playing in this division, oh and Kevin James and Ashley Grimes made such an impact didn't they?

Take you rose tinted specs off fatbury, they don't suit you at all.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 16:24:06 »

Sturrocks contacts were all with former players of his!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 18:04:11 »

and everyone is having a pop at McGovern, one of his last signings.  All of the Malpas signings were ones suggested to him by the current set-up weren't they?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 18:06:22 »

Which tells you since january that Malpas has been unable to attract one player himself  Sad
Dazzza

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 18:18:19 »

Tough time for loans as well you only have to have a quick scan through the various club sites to see that every man and his dog are trying to bring players in at the moment.

It doesn't help that there are so many sides in the Chumpionship still chasing promotion or the playoffs and it's just as wide open down at the foot of the table.  Young Weston moving up to Scunny from Leeds maybe an exception to the rule but it sums up the current climate.

Plus I think it was Sturrock who mentioned a lot of the Premier league sides as a rule of thumb will only loan players in the 20+ age bracket with any experience to Championship clubs and at the same time demand that they play every game and pay their full salary.  The only players he said were offered to him in a lot of cases were youth team players with very little experience and a hefty salary to boot.  In that instance it has to be a bit of home grown every time.

By virtue of the fact alone that there’s no thread with plucking names from arses is testimony to what little there is available out there.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 23:38:34 »

Sturrock missed out on shitloads of targets. I lost count of the amount of times we were expecting a player 'in the next day or two' only to get nothing.
Dazzza

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 23:43:26 »

How about Yohan Folly as a rectum plunger he was linked to us previously, he's not playing much at Muff and would be an ideal replacement for the Cock and Allen.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 14:21:00 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Where are they Malpas?

We have a busy schedule of games and have suspensions.

he got one in and was the best player yesterday
JPC82

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 14:28:53 »

agreed Timlin was class
adje

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 16:02:40 »

All those people that ridiculed me a few weeks back for saying we should get Timlin back-eat your hats

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 18:46:26 »

I love you adje

xxxx
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 11:05:02 »

As for Malpas's contacts, I think the big problem he has had so far is the transfer window shut soon after he signed. He knows the Scottish scene well, so would expect a few players to come down in the summer. However he cant get anyone from up there own loan so has to rely on the recommendations of Dave Byrne

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: